Stay in Disney or out?

Luckyone22

I don't know what to do. I can get a good rate at one of the All-Star hotels but I have read that there is a long wait to get a bus to the parks. Plus, I am disappointed about the early entry being no more. I have found a wonderful rate at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista. By staying there, I am thinking that we can drive, park, and enter without all the wait that I might have at the All-Star resort. Also there is a daily $7 surchange at the All-Star Resorts. Please, please advise.

Chris

Originally posted by Luckyone22
I don't know what to do. I can get a good rate at one of the All-Star hotels but I have read that there is a long wait to get a bus to the parks. Plus, I am disappointed about the early entry being no more. I have found a wonderful rate at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista. By staying there, I am thinking that we can drive, park, and enter without all the wait that I might have at the All-Star resort. Also there is a daily $7 surchange at the All-Star Resorts. Please, please advise.

Stay on Property! I am not familiar with the $7 sur charge but I stay at tha All Stars at least twice a year. I'm certain that it is a tax that is charged by all of the other hotels. If you will be driving from the Comfort Inn, why not drive from the All Star? That's what we do an by the way parking is free. That saves you $6 per day right there. No early entry - no problem. Immerse yourself in the WDW magic 24x7. Plus you can buy a bottomless cup for $12 that you can refill with sodas free your entire stay. I think it's a good deal. you also get to find out what is happening throughout the entire resort through the resort guest newsletter that you pick up at the desk. We stayed off property the first five times we went and have stayed at the All-Stars at least a dozen times since. We will never go back to staying off property.

Upvote 0

Luckyone22

Original Poster
Which All-Star

Thanks, Chris for the advice. Which All-Star? The rate that I have gotten for the Comfort Inn is $26 a night. Considering that, would you still stay at the All-Star.

Upvote 0

Chris

I would still stay at one of the All Star's. Just because we love to be there. I think you can still get $59 from Disney. If you are staying a week then the difference is about $210 on hotel. Figure you will save $30+ on parking and probably another $30 on drinks if you buy the mugs. That makes the hotel cost difference about $150 for a week. If you can afford it I would recommend you spend the extra money. But that is just my oponion. $150 can be a lot of money.

As to which hotel. We usually stay at the music because the sports always has some pee wee football or baseball thing going on and the place is crawling with kids. The movies is always full and that leaves the music. They are really all similar and you can walk to each of them to look around.

Upvote 0

Beauty and the

Once you've stayed in a Disney Resort you will never want to stay any where else, from the minute you check in until you leave the atmosphere is simply magical. Go for it you won't regret it:D

Upvote 0

Ariel

Originally posted by Beauty and the
Once you've stayed in a Disney Resort you will never want to stay any where else, from the minute you check in until you leave the atmosphere is simply magical. Go for it you won't regret it:D

I totally agree with beauty...staying "on" property is all part of the experience for me...I wouldn't do it any other way.

Upvote 0

Magic Maniacs

Last year my husband and I stayed at the All Star Music Resort, which we loved. If you do stay at this resort, the Calypso building is quieter, and is a short walk to the food court as well as the bus depot. The room was a little small but we did not spend much time in it so that didn,t matter to us. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Lynne M

I've stayed in the park and outside of the park, and I'd definitely recommend that you stay on-property.

From your post, it sounds like you're driving to WDW. You don't have to use the Disney buses if you're concerned about the wait, you can still drive to the theme parks, water parks, etc. Parking is free for resort guests, so it won't cost you anything extra. And you still have the option of taking the bus if you don't feel like driving some days.

The WDW hotels are reliably clean and comfortable (I've never had a bad resort experience). You've got the food court right there; you'd probably have to drive to get a snack if you stay at the Comfort Inn. Big, beautiful themed pools. The theming really does make a difference...at a Disney resort, you're surrounded by all that Disney magic 24x7. At the Comfort Inn, you're in a plain old motel.

Unless money's really super-tight for you, it's worth the extra expense. If you're going to the expense and trouble to drive to Florida, buy passes, etc., you might as well spend a bit more and have the full Disney World experience.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

I have found a wonderful rate at the Comfort Inn in Lake Buena Vista. By staying there, I am thinking that we can drive, park, and enter without all the wait that I might have at the All-Star resort. Also there is a daily $7 surchange at the All-Star Resorts. Please, please advise.

Remember, that you will have a parking fee that will equal the $7.00 surcharge (which I have never heard of either). And depending on the time you arrive at the parks, the walk to the front can be long or you can wait a while for the parking lot tram to pick you up and take you to the gate. Also at the Magic Kingdom if you park in the lot you have to board the Ferryboat or Monorail to get to the main entrance. If you are staying on site, you are taken right to the front by the turnstiles for entrance. I've stayed off and on site and would never stay off again (unless it were free of course!!) I will be there from Nov 23 - 26 at Coronado Springs!! Can't wait!:sohappy:

Stay on property if you can afford to, the experience is wonderful and one you will not forget.

Upvote 0

Javier&Christie

Re: Which All-Star

Thanks, Chris for the advice. Which All-Star? The rate that I have gotten for the Comfort Inn is $26 a night. Considering that, would you still stay at the All-Star.

ack.. no comparison.. if you can afford to stay in the All Star, go for it. The experience b/w staying at the Comfort Inn.. (maingate west? if so, avoid it at all costs) and a Disney resort is well, there is no comparison.....

Besides, you have to factor in the INSANE traffic on 192 in Kissimmee.. it can get ugly in the morning.. alot of really bad drivers too makes it dangerous, i've had more than one person swerve into my lane out of nowhere before :eek:

Upvote 0

Debbie

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV and I was not impressed. The front desk was not friendly and with the phone charge etc. it was not worth the $33.00 I payed years ago. Try the All-Stars. I have never stayed there personally, but I have several close friends and relatives who stay there all the time. And they are satisfied especially with the food court.

Upvote 0

monorail256

Definately stay on property! Disney gives you so many privilages when you stay on property. :sohappy: Sure... bus lines may be a bit long but... its disney! you have to remember... enjoy the magic while you are there! :D I have heard (if you are concerned with the bus system) that they have started a new bus system. I would definately tell you to stay at an all star resort. Its a good price! we're going to all star movies in february! cant wait! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom