State of Tahiti Building

Polydweller

Original Poster
The garden view, south side is fine. There are no fences up on that side and it would feel exactly as it was before. The rooms have not been updated though.

The lagoon side is another story. There is green fencing along the entire lagoon side which completely blocks the first floor view and partially obstructs the second floor. The first floor rooms have been reclassed as standard view but really are now far below that. The third floor is above the fencing but the entire beach has as of today been totally torn up by backhoes and that's the current view, really not pretty.

As a hotelier I cannot understand how the can be renting those rooms. Those rooms just aren't appropriate to rent now and the compensation offered is ridiculously too little. It just doesn't seem to be the right way to treat your customers and I could never do this to mine. It's very disappointing to see at the Poly, over 23 years I felt that this was a place that put its customers first but there are many things showing up here this year that have shaken my faith in the management of the Poly and make me reluctant to recommend it.

I have to recommend to anyone who is booked into the lagoon side of Tahiti or finds themselves assigned there that you put as much pressure as possible on the management to move you. Otherwise you will find yourself in a construction zone and you will not get the Poly experience there.

luv

Considering what they charge, looking at a wall and hearing construction noise would be a real bummer. That's really nice of you to give people a Heads Up. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Another word of caution about Tahiti...it has not undergone the recent refurbishment like the other longhouses, so no new bedding or room decor or brighter bathroom. We stayed in Tahiti at the beginning of this month and the room was worn and tired. We liked the refurb rooms we had in May and August much better.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Call the Poly directly at 407-824-2000 and change your request. When you arrive on Saturday, you may also be able to request a different room if your assigned room is not to your liking.

awoogala

We are staying at Poly for the first (and maybe, only time) soon. Still not sure which house to request! I am not great at this! I would love a theme park view (who wouldn't?), or monorail view, and to be close to the gch, for late night lapu-lapu runs. ;)
Not too far from the noisy pool.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
What room category did you book? If standard, and you would like a monorail view, request Rarotonga (facing south). It is next to the GCH and convenient to both pools and the bus stop. Aeotearoa (facing south) is further away but quieter for monorail views. Unless you booked theme park view it is unlikely you will be upgraded for free. There are way more standard views at the Poly than theme park views.

awoogala

What room category did you book? If standard, and you would like a monorail view, request Rarotonga (facing south). It is next to the GCH and convenient to both pools and the bus stop. Aeotearoa (facing south) is further away but quieter for monorail views. Unless you booked theme park view it is unlikely you will be upgraded for free. There are way more standard views at the Poly than theme park views.
Yeah, we did standard, I don't expect a theme park view, obviously (but wouldn't say no!;))
I would actually be happy anywhere I suppose. I asked for tuvalu, and a balcony, since that seemed like a good option, but I may change!

luv

Do remember that you don't always get what you request. I will bet you'll get Tuvalu, though! Without a water view, many would consider it just too long long a walk, so I don't think too many people would request it. But you never what you'll get. Good luck!

Polydweller

Original Poster
Call the Poly directly at 407-824-2000 and change your request. When you arrive on Saturday, you may also be able to request a different room if your assigned room is not to your liking.
That still isn't a direct number, that will get you the call center though they will answer like it's the Polynesian. Unless one knows the unlisted direct numbers you won't get the hotel.

Polydweller

Original Poster
As of Saturday the mounds that looked like they may have partially obstructed the 2nd floor of Tahiti were moved. However, the whole beach area was a construction zone ( they were working Saturday), Sunset Point had all but one tree removed and all of the walkway lights and they looked like they had started lowering the entire point. On the west side the last of the first walkway to the bungalows was being finished. They are working very fast.

tikiman

Tuvalu does have great lagoon and Theme Park views but it would be one of my last choices for standard view. Samoa and Fiji have much better standard views. Tokelau has some standard views that can see the castle off to the side but it is close to the construction.

Tahiti and Rapa Nui were planned to close in September. I spoke to a few people there that said they were preparing to have people out of the buildings back then but I am guessing overbooking and people not wanting to move caused them to keep them open. It is unfortunate because Tahiti longhouse itself has had electrical problems, major wear and tear and some flooding issues and needs to be closed. I would suspect it closes soon.

tikiman

That still isn't a direct number, that will get you the call center though they will answer like it's the Polynesian. Unless one knows the unlisted direct numbers you won't get the hotel.

That is very true and it is rare anyone ever gets a number to the back office. If anyone ever tells you they called the front desk you will know for sure they are mistaken because the phones at the front desk are not even able to take outside calls.

Calling the front desk from your room does not even get you to someone at the front desk. It is routed to a call center that will transfer you to the appropriate department.

I had a travel agent go onto my Facebook page and tell her client she called the resort directly and they assured her that Tahiti rooms were renovated and said I did not know what I was talking about when I said Tahiti was not done. Her client will not be happy when she shows up in November to see what Tahiti looks like. She also insisted she spoke directly to the front desk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom