StarWars weekends Guest list is up!

WhyteAL

Star Wars Weekends 2006 Guest List
April 11, 2006

Star Wars Weekends are almost here, and starting next month fans get to meet an impressive lineup of special guests attending four weekends of Star Wars fun at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. From May 19 to June 11, 2006, fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.
http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20040402_warwick.jpgHere's a sneak peek at the celebrity guests which include Star Wars cast and crew. However, please check back here for future updates to the guest list as it may be subject to change.
Warwick Davis will be the first ever celebrity host for all four Star Wars Weekends. Davis was only 11 years old when he played the Ewok hero Wicket in Return of the Jedi. In Episode I, he played multiple roles, including that of Anakin's young friend Wald.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20060411_rick.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20050429_peter.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>May 19, 20 & 21 -- Rick McCallum & Peter Mayhew
As a rare treat for fans, Producer Rick McCallum will be attending Star Wars Weekends to chat about his work behind the scenes on the prequels. A fan favorite from the classic trilogy, Peter Mayhew is no stranger to Star Wars Weekends. The towering Peter Mayhew played the loyal Wookiee Chewbacca in the original trilogy, and revisited the role in Revenge of the Sith.
May 26, 27 & 28 -- This weekend is still being planned. Please check back soon for details.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20060411_jay.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20060411_bonnie.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>June 2, 3 & 4 -- Jay Laga'aia and Bonnie Maree Piesse
Fans know Jay Laga'aia as the protective security officer Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, while Bonnie Maree Piesse played Owen's girlfriend Beru in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20060411_jeremy.jpg</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>http://www.starwars.com/community/event/disney/img/20060411_tem.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>June 9, 10 & 11 -- Jeremy Bulloch & Temuera Morrison
Jeremy Bulloch is known best for his role as the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He also made a brief cameo as Captain Colton in Revenge of the Sith. Temuera Morrison played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones, and consequently his image was replicated over and over as the basis for the clone army.
For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as Disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY, visit Disneyworld.com or a travel agent. :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a very impressive list compared to the last few years. My 12 year old daughter will be bummed that Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett from Ep 2) won't be there. Hopefully he will get added for weekend 2.

Upvote 0

WhyteAL

Original Poster
I never got a chance to see him, but my youngest daughter (which is a starwars freak like her daddy) I can't wait to let her see Temuera Morrison I'm gonna be like "look jada it's a real clone..."LOL :lol: I can't wait. Last time she wanted to fight Darth Maul until she acutally saw him and was like no. I'll just put my lightsaber away:lol: .

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
He was a really nice guy and naturally my 12 year old was ga ga over him as well as the guy playing Anakin. Hopefully the crowds won't be as crazy as they were last year and with any luck I'll be able to go all 4 weekends this year.

Upvote 0

WhyteAL

Original Poster
its gets pretty loaded with people, because it's summer and they're a bunch of fans thier going crazy...But it's fun usually the park is open till like 9pm or 10pm so it shouldn't be a problem.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nemo14 said:
We're there for the first weekend. How crazy does it get?
Last year it was simply crazy. I had been to 3 SWW before last year and had never experienced crowds anywhere near the magnitude of last year. Fast passes for Peter Mayhew were gone in only an hour or two and I spent over 4-1/2 hours in the exclusive merchandise line. I am really hoping the popularity was due to the release of Episode 3 and the rumor that 2005 was the last year for SWW. However I would still prepare for very large crowds. With any luck I'll be pleasantly surprised and the crowds won't be as bad this year.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Master Yoda said:
Last year it was simply crazy. I had been to 3 SWW before last year and had never experienced crowds anywhere near the magnitude of last year. Fast passes for Peter Mayhew were gone in only an hour or two and I spent over 4-1/2 hours in the exclusive merchandise line. I am really hoping the popularity was due to the release of Episode 3 and the rumor that 2005 was the last year for SWW. However I would still prepare for very large crowds. With any luck I'll be pleasantly surprised and the crowds won't be as bad this year.
Maybe we'll see you there!

Upvote 0

mhead

Master Yoda said:

Crowds were certainly larger last year than in previous years - but I didn't really see it as crazy. Of course I was there for the third weekend and most of the kinks had been worked out - like the merchandise stuff, it was much better by then as they had moved the exclusive stuff over to Indiana Jones and it was pretty much a no wait situation the entire time. I understand the merchandise situation was horrible in that first weekend last year - which to me is unacceptable as they should have been planning for it.

Oh and several of the itmes that were "sold out" at the studios somehow miraculously appeared at the character warehouse outlet in Destin FL this past September ?!?!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
mhead said:
Crowds were certainly larger last year than in previous years - but I didn't really see it as crazy. Of course I was there for the third weekend and most of the kinks had been worked out - like the merchandise stuff, it was much better by then as they had moved the exclusive stuff over to Indiana Jones and it was pretty much a no wait situation the entire time. I understand the merchandise situation was horrible in that first weekend last year - which to me is unacceptable as they should have been planning for it.

Oh and several of the itmes that were "sold out" at the studios somehow miraculously appeared at the character warehouse outlet in Destin FL this past September ?!?!
The crowds did get better last year toward the end. I did weekends 1,2 and 3 last year. Weekend 1 was insane especially on the merchandise end. Weekend 2 was about the same only with the attention shifted toward the meet and greet with Peter Mayhew. Weekend 3 was busy but nothing like weekend 1 or 2.

I to was a little peeved to find some of the "exclusive" merchandise I waited more than 4 hours for available on line by Disney the following week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom