Pre-Trip Starting Sissy's Senior Year with a Bang!

Well, here I am yet again LOL! Yes, we just got back 2 months ago but we are now AP holders, so that means we have to use them! As the title says, my daughter, a.k.a Sissy, will be starting her Senior year of High School! :coldfeet::jawdrop: Where has the time gone?! What better way to celebrate than with a mother/daughter trip to our fave place? Plus, the deal I got was WAAAAYYYY too good to pass up! Here we gooooo....
@21stamps @*Flynnderella* @lostpro9het @bee @MySmallWorldof4 @wdisney9000 @joshsprincess921 @kaitertot5249 @mlegerto @Tony the Tigger @gdisneyfans @ajrwdwgirl @Tuvalu @Zipitidoda @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @mattchu758 @Doc Disney @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever

WHO: This trip is just me and my 17 yr old daughter, Brooklyn.

WHEN: August 17-22, 2017

WHERE: I'm sure you're all assuming FQ, but this time we will be staying at.....CBR! Why the change you ask? Especially since after our last stay there in 2013 we swore it off. The deal I got was AMAZING! Because of the construction, Disney was offering a $75 Disney gift card PER NIGHT! So for a 5 night stay, we will receive $375 upon check-in! That's what we will use for food and other purchases. I originally booked the room with no discounts, and I honestly assumed that Disney wouldn't allow a room discount to be applied with the GC offer. I was wrong! When the summer discounts were released I applied it to my reservation and got $191.50 off! I had to upgrade to a king room, but that's fine with us. A few weeks later, another discount(I keep wanting to say Passholder, but can't remember) was released, and I got ANOTHER $132 off! So from booking to now, I've gotten $325 off!! That's like 2 free nights! The resort will have no food court or gift shop, but who cares?! They will have ''pop up'' food courts and buffets. We don't plan on being at the resort much anyway, so we will eat and shop elsewhere.

One of the reasons I swore this resort off was the bus system. I just can't get over the fact that you drive around the resort for 84 minutes to 612 other stops picking people up. No thanks!!!! That's why I love FQ with all my little black soul. Brook mentioned that maybe we have such a bad taste in our mouths about CBR because of the trip itself, and my MIL who was there:rolleyes:. It was a nightmare to say the least! That being said, we are both pretty positive about the resort. We have decided to use Uber if we try the buses and don't like them.

WHY: As if we ever need an excuse to go to Disney, but when we got the AP'S I knew I would have to squeeze in a long weekend in the summer and a trip at Christmas to ''get my money's worth''. Also, we will be touring another school Brook is interested in, Embry-Riddle.

127 DAYS TO GO GANG!

littleroo

I am so jealous of your layed back trip! Tea at the GF is on my bucket list. I will be interested to hear what you think.

There is no one who understands family like I do. Lol. At some point you really do just have to separate yourself especially when it comes to protecting your children.

I hope you can continue to resist making plans!! Enjoy the pre jitters.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I am so jealous of your layed back trip! Tea at the GF is on my bucket list. I will be interested to hear what you think.

There is no one who understands family like I do. Lol. At some point you really do just have to separate yourself especially when it comes to protecting your children.

I hope you can continue to resist making plans!! Enjoy the pre jitters.

Thank you! It took a lot of running around like a maniac and over planning to get to this point! LOL

IAmMoana

Hi guys! It's been a while! There really hasn't been much to post since I'm trying not to book anything this time. I just booked our flights this morning, and decided to leave a day early. I got a great deal..$377 roundtrip for BOTH of us! It was like $189 pp! :eek:So the plan now is to leave PHL at 2:33pm on Aug 16th.

What airline are you flying? I'll be flying out of PHL in October and would LOVE tickets this cheap.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
What airline are you flying? I'll be flying out of PHL in October and would LOVE tickets this cheap.

I booked thru expedia...so we are flying spirit on the way down and frontier back. Now both airlines do have baggage fees...but even with factoring in paying for 2 checked bags it was still cheaper than southwest by $150!

Last edited:

Ciara

So as you all know our last trip was super busy and jammed packed with activities. This trip will be the total opposite. Hopefully. As you all know I love making ADR's but I've decided to keep it to just 2 table service meals this trip. I was originally thinking CRT because Brook has never been, but when I mentioned it she didn't seem to care. So, that got scratched off the list. I figured we would each pick a spot, so my choice is BOG. We've been there for lunch a few times, but never dinner. I started looking for ressies and of course had no luck! Then, my best pal @21stamps let me use her Touring Plans acct because I was too stupid to figure out how to sign up myself. I entered my selection and hoped for the best. I woke up to a text a few days later, but by the time I looked 5 hrs later it was gone. I got a 2nd text and literally checked within 3 mins and it too was gone! I was starting to think that I wasn't going to get lucky! Finally, I had my phone im my hand and got a text! I was able to snag the reservation!!
View attachment 199435

So on our last night we will be dining with the Beast!

This is a thing?! :eek: How did I not know this?! Brb :bookworm:

Ciara

Hi guys! It's been a while! There really hasn't been much to post since I'm trying not to book anything this time. I just booked our flights this morning, and decided to leave a day early. I got a great deal..$377 roundtrip for BOTH of us! It was like $189 pp! :eek:So the plan now is to leave PHL at 2:33pm on Aug 16th. We will land at MCO at 5:04pm and then head down to rent a car. From there we will drive to Daytona Beach where the school we are touring the next day is. Google maps is saying the ride there will be just over an hour. The plan is to check-in, get some dinner and then prob head to bed as it might be close to midnight by the time we get back to the hotel. According to Embry-Riddle's website, tours are only 3 hrs long and the first one starts at 9am. I am unable to book it until June, but hopefully we can get in on the earliest tour and be leaving there by 12-1pm the latest. We'll drive right to CBR and check in there. We haven't made any park plans yet, but I'm sure we'll head to either Epcot or MK.

I did book us the afternoon tea at the GF for Friday the 18th at 4:05pm. I'm so excited to check this out! I was kind of surprised that Brook was excited as well. It will be fun to get all dressed up. We did decide to do HS or AK that morning, head back to CBR to shower and change for tea, and then bring a change of clothes for us to hit a park afterwards.

Double likes for tea :D:D

21stamps

The Tea Party sounds so fun! I would want to go to that new Disney Springs shop where they have those cute dresses that have different Disney themes and buy a dress there! Maybe get a matching hat!! Now I'm getting all excited!!
Ooohhh...that's good idea! So exciting lol

Omg do this!!!!

Yes, I thought of you when I saw how cheap they were lol

I'm in constant airfair envy of almost everyone.lol. #imisssofla #cvgisthedevil #WhyIsTheCincinnatiAirportInKentucky

I booked our room in Daytona Beach last night, it's about a mile to the school which is great! Now all we have to do is wait for June to get here to be able to book our FP's!

You are my inspiration right now. Please don't overplan!!! My ADRs open up on 5/30..I am TRYING to have restraint.

I'm sure Daytona Beach and the tour will be great!

LisaBelle

I'm a bit late to the pre-trip but am excited to read about your plans. I've enjoyed your previous TRs. My daughter is also 17 and entering her senior year. So exciting! We are hoping for a graduation trip next summer.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So I asked Brook what her choice for a TS meal would be and she chose.....LTT....big surprise! Ughh...she's the worst lol! :banghead:

Her response when I asked her? '' Do you even have to ask?'' I knew, but I was hoping lol...oh well...it's her vacation too I guess! Her only requests were that it not be the day we arrive and it must be dinner, not lunch. Whatever kid...

So I just booked a 6:05pm ADR for Saturday, August 19th. She is still unsure of which water park we should go to. If she let's me decide then I will choose BB since it will be new for her.

I am DYINGGGG to make more ADR'S for Saana and Cali Grill....but I won't! I was also day dreaming of 'Ohana yesterday...but I'm going to stick to my guns and go easy on the set plans.

I am still unable to book the tour at Embry-Riddle, but hopefully that can happen in the next few days or weeks.

Her last day of 11th grade is June 13th, so she plans to wake up early on our FP day to make sure we get FoP at AK.

Last edited:

21stamps

So I asked Brook what her choice for a TS meal would be and she chose.....LTT....big surprise! Ughh...she's the worst lol! :banghead:

Her response when I asked her? '' Do you even have to ask?'' I knew, but I was hoping lol...oh well...it's her vacation too I guess! Her only requests were that it not be the day we arrive and it must be dinner, not lunch. Whatever kid...

So I just booked a 6:05pm ADR for Saturday, August 19th. She is still unsure of which water park we should go to. If she let's me decide then I will choose BB since it will be new for her.

I am DYINGGGG to make more ADR'S for Saana and Cali Grill....but I won't! I was also day dreaming of 'Ohana yesterday...but I'm going to stick to my guns and go easy on the set plans.

I am still unable to book the tour at Embry-Riddle, but hopefully that can happen in the next few days or weeks.

Her last day of 11th grade is June 13th, so she plans to wake up early on our FP day to make sure we get FoP at AK.

I'm counting on your for inspiration. Keep with your current plan!

June 13th though?!? When do they go back to school? I feel like kids have such short summers these days..maybe ours were the same, maybe it's just my hatred of packing lunches that make summers feel so short.lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I'm counting on your for inspiration. Keep with your current plan!

June 13th though?!? When do they go back to school? I feel like kids have such short summers these days..maybe ours were the same, maybe it's just my hatred of packing lunches that make summers feel so short.lol

I'm gonna stay strong sister!

She goes back after Labor Day...but each kid has a different last day. This is 2 years in a row that she has the very last day as hers lol. Your last day is based on whenever you're done taking finals. Finals start June 7th and run til the 13th. If you're lucky enough not to have a class that has a final 9th or 10th period like art or gym, then you're done when u take your last one. Unfortunately for Brook, she has a real class 10th period so she has to go until the 13th.

21stamps

I'm gonna stay strong sister!

She goes back after Labor Day...but each kid has a different last day. This is 2 years in a row that she has the very last day as hers lol. Your last day is based on whenever you're done taking finals. Finals start June 7th and run til the 13th. If you're lucky enough not to have a class that has a final 9th or 10th period like art or gym, then you're done when u take your last one. Unfortunately for Brook, she has a real class 10th period so she has to go until the 13th.

That's awesome that she doesn't go back til after Labor Day!

21stamps

Do u guys go back in August?

Yes. Last week of august..on a Friday.. until 11am. So stupid.lol. The public schools here mostly go back 2 weeks earlier..which means there are never summer camps offered during that time. This drives me nuts as well.lol. One of those weeks is our (newish) annual camping trip though..this will be year 3 of it! I still can't bait a hook properly, but I can put up an InstaTent like a pro ;)

Speaking of August... my cousin in Philly just posted a photo on FB of my family's old summer house on the shore. Or what was our house. Torn down and a new 3 level house put in it's place. She still has a summer home there (Cape May).. whenever she posts photos I don't even recognize the area!!! Looks like so much has changed. My mom and her sisters are trying to get all of us to commit to a big family week on the shore next year.. I'd love to go back and share a huge part of my childhood with T, not sure how many of the places from memories are left though. Last time I was there was in the late 90s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom