Starting out trip with visiting MK first?

joejccva71

Just curious on your trips if you absolutely must start out your trip with going to Magic Kingdom first?

I'm going for 9 days (not including travel days) and I'm not going to MK until our 3rd day just cause of how the schedule worked out with the late night EMH as well, but yea going to DHS and EP first.

Do you feel like you have to go to MK first so you can see the castle which "officially" starts your magic?

CaptainAmerica

Just curious on your trips if you absolutely must start out your trip with going to Magic Kingdom first?

I'm going for 9 days (not including travel days) and I'm not going to MK until our 3rd day just cause of how the schedule worked out with the late night EMH as well, but yea going to DHS and EP first.

Do you feel like you have to go to MK first so you can see the castle which "officially" starts your magic?
I have a hangup but it's a little bit different. I don't need to go to the Magic Kingdom first, but when I do go to the Magic Kingdom for the first time on a given trip, it has to be in the morning. We always do one park rope drop and hop to a different park for the evening, and I won't do an MK evening until I've done an MK morning first.

Upvote 0

ELG13

We start and end there, as well. I mean MAYBE I'll switch it up when my wife and I eventually go alone, but we'll see.
Yeah with young kids it's kind of a no brainier...even if it was just me and DH we would probably do the same thing. Lol. We always get a night from the kids when we go and we always go to MK... Not Disney springs, not Epcot to drink and eat around the world....mk. Although I think it would be fun for us to do Epcot, we just miss a few of our favorite rides when we have the kids with us (we don't bother with rider switch usually).

Upvote 0

Launchpad McQuack

Yeah with young kids it's kind of a no brainier...even if it was just me and DH we would probably do the same thing. Lol. We always get a night from the kids when we go and we always go to MK... Not Disney springs, not Epcot to drink and eat around the world....mk. Although I think it would be fun for us to do Epcot, we just miss a few of our favorite rides when we have the kids with us (we don't bother with rider switch usually).

All of our pre-kid trips started with Pirates on the first day and ended with ice cream from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street USA on the last day. Since our daughter was born, the last few trips have still started in MK, but not real set schedule. On her first trip, we hung around the resort (Bay Lake) and went over to Wilderness Lodge to eat/look around the first night, but then rope dropped the next morning. Had big plans to rope drop Peter Pan as her first ride, but it was down at open, so we went into see Cinderella and Elena, then over to It's a Small World. As we walked off Small World, it was perfect timing because Peter Pan was opening at that exact moment, so there were MAYBE 10 people in front of us.

Upvote 0

dieboy

With kiddos; MK is a must, timing really does not matter unless you want your kids 'first' impression of a park to have the iconic castle in it.
With out; Possibly skip-able .. We sometimes stop in, sometimes not, all depends on our mood.

Upvote 0

joejccva71

Original Poster
Well honestly this wasn't a question of whether or not TO DO MK, but whether it was an absolute must to do FIRST before other parks. Obviously if it came down to only one park, I'd choose MK. But..ya know..

Upvote 0

dieboy

Well honestly this wasn't a question of whether or not TO DO MK, but whether it was an absolute must to do FIRST before other parks. Obviously if it came down to only one park, I'd choose MK. But..ya know..

Well as mentioned, the only real reason to stop there first IMO is if you have kids, and you want that to be their first memory of the parks.

Otherwise, fit it in as schedule permits, some nights they are open late, others close earlier, pick the day that best works for your travel plans and other park plans.

Upvote 0

RMichael21

Usually, we fly in and spend our first day at Epcot (usually mid afternoon to park close) and end at MK. It's funny how we've made this a tradition simply by starting four or five trips like this. Now, a Disney vacation won't feel like a Disney vacation until we've visited Epcot in the evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom