Starbucks at WDW

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Your commentary is appreciated (and I fully respect your view) however the shop is called the "Bakery", not the 'Coffee Shop'; what my (and some others are commenting on) is the fact that Disney threw out the "baby with the bath water". Starbucks coffee, fine, but I sure wanted to keep the present pastries. And as an example of freshness, those turnovers (apple/cheery) were never frozen (if you know a good turnover) a frozen puffed pastry wilts (and that's being kind as a description).

Disney did throw out baby with bathwater, Disney was serving a beverage almost but not entirely unlike coffee - 'with apoligies to Douglas Adams' I was initially happy to hear that they were going to serve Starbucks but NO they replaced well loved locations with generic starbucks stores and replaced the Nescafe horse p--- with Joffrey horse p--- everywhere else, A lose lose IMHO

disneygirl1

Not in the least do I feel like Starbucks being opened will take away the magic. We were lucky enough to be there in June when Starbuxks opened on Main Street and MK... My son and I stopped in for a frappacino and we so surprised to see the Disney Parks logo on the Starbucks cups. Its funny now everytime we go to our local Starbucks we get sad when we don't see the logo on the cup. We usually say something to the likes that Starbucks tastes so much better with a Disney logo on the cup! LOL

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not in the least do I feel like Starbucks being opened will take away the magic. We were lucky enough to be there in June when Starbuxks opened on Main Street and MK... My son and I stopped in for a frappacino and we so surprised to see the Disney Parks logo on the Starbucks cups. Its funny now everytime we go to our local Starbucks we get sad when we don't see the logo on the cup. We usually say something to the likes that Starbucks tastes so much better with a Disney logo on the cup! LOL

That's part of the problem here, I can get a frappacino at any airport in the known universe and 10,000 other locations. I want something SPECIAL that I can only get at Disney otherwise why go, I'm a voracious consumer of Starbucks products so I'm glad I can get them at Disney instead of the Nescafe horse p---.

BUT it could have been so much better, Bring Starbucks in and have them create drinks which are ONLY available at Disney, Keep the unique Disney food items. Now that's a reason to travel TO WDW rather than just go to the Starbucks down the street.

It's just another example of the culture of abandonment and taking the easy way out and the ongoing Mall-ification of the Disney parks.

Bairstow

So what should be the next business to open up shop on Main Street?

I think Sonic might be a good fit. You could have them move into the Casey's Corner space since they already serve hotdogs and chili dogs there, plus you could get the various Sonic frozen drinks, which would be nice on a hot day.

Back at the fountain plaza at EPCOT, there aren't a lot of places in Future World that serve alcohol, so a TGIFridays or a Chilis might be work well. People could sit at the bar there and watch the fountain show.

Does anyone else have any good ideas?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So what should be the next business to open up shop on Main Street?

I think Sonic might be a good fit. You could have them move into the Casey's Corner space since they already serve hotdogs and chili dogs there, plus you could get the various Sonic frozen drinks, which would be nice on a hot day.

Back at the fountain plaza at EPCOT, there aren't a lot of places in Future World that serve alcohol, so a TGIFridays or a Chilis might be work well. People could sit at the bar there and watch the fountain show.

Does anyone else have any good ideas?

Isnt there a Nathans going in at Caseys' Corner??

Bairstow

Are there standalone Nathans stores?
A&W might work. That or perhaps a Checkers.
What says "Main Street USA" better than a Checkers?

Hot Lava

I am thrilled that WDW will have Starbucks. I need a good caffeine fix in the morning, and I only like drinking coffee under frou-frou circumstances (meaning I like a mocha, not a regular cup of coffee). Otherwise I drink tea. but tea will not be enough of a caffeine kick (unless it is CS Fast Lane tea), and tea is too much fuss and muss for grab and go at WDW.

But I do not see why they couldn't just stick the Starbucks coffee drinks in the bakery. It is not as if this is Six Flags and Starbucks has all the leverage; Disney is the heavy hitter here. They could have insisted that the bakery stay the same except for the coffee drinks. And Starbucks could have set up their more traditional shops and offerings elsewhere in the world.

I think this is simply another example of TPTB of Disney only caring about as much money as possible. Starbucks would give them one truckload of money to get into WDW as only coffee at the Bakery, but 3 truckloads if WDW allowed them to fully convert the bakery. More money won out with nary a thought.

rsoxguy

I don't drink coffee, but I entered this establishment at EPCOT this past Saturday for the sake of my sister-in-law. I must say that it felt a little odd to enter another "world" at WDW, and I purchased a rather dry piece of lemon cake, but I can't say that the experience ruined my day. Thinking back on the day, I believe that I would prefer to keep "chain" establishments out of WDW, but I guess that Disney is just doing what the majority of survey takers are saying.

Tigger1999

I'll miss the traditional Main Street Bakery goodies like the chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. However, I don't mind Starbucks and I do enjoy Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Red velvet ANYTHING is awesome!!!
I love Starbucks too but I think maybe they should have kept more of the Main Street bakery.
But seriously ~
Disney, Vera Bradley, and Starbucks are three of my many favorite things. And now they are all TOGETHER :)
So I'm not going to complain that much haha :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't drink coffee, but I entered this establishment at EPCOT this past Saturday for the sake of my sister-in-law. I must say that it felt a little odd to enter another "world" at WDW, and I purchased a rather dry piece of lemon cake, but I can't say that the experience ruined my day. Thinking back on the day, I believe that I would prefer to keep "chain" establishments out of WDW, but I guess that Disney is just doing what the majority of survey takers are saying.

The problems with surveys is you get the answers you ask for, Would you like 'Starbucks Coffee Drinks' or would you like 'Starbucks Coffee Shops' very similar but big difference in the results. I suspect most people here including myself would have voted YES to the first NO to the second.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Agreed! Starbucks coming to Disney has ruined Starbucks for me... It's just not the same with that Disney Parks logo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom