Starbucks at MK

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
How about you do some research before posting. Eddy's is a chain and really not that great of ice cream. Majority of people that come to Disney been crying for years about how bad the coffee was at the parks. Was basically carmel colored hot water. Now I understand some people don't like starbucks coffee they prefer DD but as you can tell by the lines you still have plenty of people who enjoy it and want it. There are other great beverages besides just coffee. And as other posters have said since day one Disney had partnerships with major brands and chains. Be it Dole, Coke, etc. And yes all starbucks cups at Disney parks have Disney logo and other cool stuff on cup depending on season. I also might add all the starbucks locations were blended in very well to the location they are placed.
Listen I go to Starbucks here in the uk,my main reason for posting .isnt to get your back up(DO SOME RESEARCH),it's just pointing out the fact that I feel it takes the magic away from magic kingdom.im sure in Disneyland they have a coffee place on the left hand side.was it a Starbucks.im not sure but it was ace and the cinemon bun fab.have a good day

Deno

it's just pointing out the fact that I feel it takes the magic away from magic kingdom

I think many people thought that when the Main Street Bakery was replaced with a Starbucks but it doesn't detract from the ambience of Main Street USA at all IMHO.

You can get those cinnamon rolls at Gaston's in New Fantasyland. DELICIOUS!

Deno

I'm one that was bummed about the Starbucks taking over Edy's at Epcot. Did anyone ever try those ice cream sandwiches??? They were huge and delicious.

THAT'S what I miss about the Main Street Bakery.....you've just jogged my memory. We used to watch Fantasy In The Sky and then quickly run in there for ice cream cookie sandwiches. Wow, yeah, I forgot. Those were good nights :)

csmat99

Listen I go to Starbucks here in the uk,my main reason for posting .isnt to get your back up(DO SOME RESEARCH),it's just pointing out the fact that I feel it takes the magic away from magic kingdom.im sure in Disneyland they have a coffee place on the left hand side.was it a Starbucks.im not sure but it was ace and the cinemon bun fab.have a good day
Yes it's a starbucks on left hand side of Main Street. Been open since 9/26/13. And yes it was starbucks Cin bun. And it doesn't take magic away at all.
And if you went to the big one in Disney Springs you will be amazed by the architecture of the ones that starbucks want to showcase. Pic on bottom is the one in China.

upload_2017-4-21_15-56-2.png
upload_2017-4-21_16-12-19.png
upload_2017-4-21_16-9-33.png

Last edited:

jaklgreen

I think many people thought that when the Main Street Bakery was replaced with a Starbucks but it doesn't detract from the ambience of Main Street USA at all IMHO.

You can get those cinnamon rolls at Gaston's in New Fantasyland. DELICIOUS!

It's not the cinnamon rolls. I make great cinnamon rolls at my job. I do miss the french toast loaf. We did like that they had the sandwiches and other pastries that you can not get at MK anymore.

Phonedave

I understand where you are comming from. I think part of it is that Starbucks is so prevalent and commerical that it can seem to be a bit of a shock. However WDW has a long history of having a variety of corporate sponsors in the parks, both large and small. Form Orange Bird, to the aforementioned Edy's (Not Ed's, not Edd's, and not Eddy's) which is the same as Dryers out West, and is actualy a Nestle company - about as commerical as it gets. McDonalds had fry places all over the place, Kodak photo spots abound, let's not forget the huge Seimens logo on SSE every night as you leave EPCOT. I could go on and on with corporate sponsors that are in WDW.

I for one have no love for Starbucks (I don't like liquid coffee flavored candy, and their normal coffee drinks - espresso, Americano, etc are pretty bad. Ther food is usually fairly dried out as well. But their blond roast is passable). So from that standoint, I was not thrilled to see them in the parks (although their coffee is a step up from the bag in box coffee concentrate (made by our good friends at Nestle again) that WDW used to serve. I would have liked to see the Main Street Bakery stay, just from the standpoint of food quality.

Starbucks is a bit of a trigger for many people - not just in WDW. The town I live in is dead set against Starbucks. They do not want one in town, because it will increase the commerical aspect of this town and will draw in traffic from the highways. But they are all for an independent coffee shop. Because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Starbucks, it serves as an example of corporate homoginization and unification. That is the reason many people have a problem with it being in WDW.

-dave

rob0519

I have no problem with Starbucks being on Main St. Just look at the lines and you can see that this is something a lot of customers want. Personally, I think Starbucks, with their own small set of pastries, gave Disney the opportunity to mostly get out of the bakery business and lower their overhead. The last few years before Starbucks the bakery was becoming a shell of what it was in the late 90s through about 2010 as the number and quality of offerings kept going down. Times change, people's tastes, change, just need to get over it and move on.

Mark Dunne

Original Poster
I understand where you are comming from. I think part of it is that Starbucks is so prevalent and commerical that it can seem to be a bit of a shock. However WDW has a long history of having a variety of corporate sponsors in the parks, both large and small. Form Orange Bird, to the aforementioned Edy's (Not Ed's, not Edd's, and not Eddy's) which is the same as Dryers out West, and is actualy a Nestle company - about as commerical as it gets. McDonalds had fry places all over the place, Kodak photo spots abound, let's not forget the huge Seimens logo on SSE every night as you leave EPCOT. I could go on and on with corporate sponsors that are in WDW.

I for one have no love for Starbucks (I don't like liquid coffee flavored candy, and their normal coffee drinks - espresso, Americano, etc are pretty bad. Ther food is usually fairly dried out as well. But their blond roast is passable). So from that standoint, I was not thrilled to see them in the parks (although their coffee is a step up from the bag in box coffee concentrate (made by our good friends at Nestle again) that WDW used to serve. I would have liked to see the Main Street Bakery stay, just from the standpoint of food quality.

Starbucks is a bit of a trigger for many people - not just in WDW. The town I live in is dead set against Starbucks. They do not want one in town, because it will increase the commerical aspect of this town and will draw in traffic from the highways. But they are all for an independent coffee shop. Because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Starbucks, it serves as an example of corporate homoginization and unification. That is the reason many people have a problem with it being in WDW.

-dave

Thanks Dave nice reply,yeah I know what you mean .man I tell you what makes me mad,is that laser light on top of SSE,o my I forgot that one.i mean it looks terrible.im just glad it's only at night.when you leave the park and you see seimens shone onto it.LOL I hate that bit in a funny way.cos I don't hate anything in Disney,and your right sponsors are needed we all know that.your probably hate me for saying this,but I like your johnny rockets milkshakes.yummy.i wouldn't mind that in MK(sorry)as for your town,well done for fending of the big guy,I think Disney took away the giant mc Donald's as you entered the world.can you remember it.id heard they dropped mc's because of bad publicity at the time.so they closed it.anyway take care mate,by the way DISNEYS THE BEST !,can't wait for November when my wife and I visit for 8 days

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom