"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

NearTheEars

Unsurprisingly I'm paid to think about things going wrong and how to fix them. So yes I DO spend every day looking for the proverbial worm in the apple and I'm really good at finding them and determining whether said worm is an annoyance or a showstopper.

Personally I LIKE the idea of the Drone show and would love to see one, That said I would not stand under the drones for any amount of money.

That sounds like an awful job, but I guess somebody has to do it. Hopefully you do have a positive hobby in your life to balance things out. Obviously it used to be WDW, but clearly that's not it anymore.

Bocabear

Unsurprisingly I'm paid to think about things going wrong and how to fix them. So yes I DO spend every day looking for the proverbial worm in the apple and I'm really good at finding them and determining whether said worm is an annoyance or a showstopper.

Personally I LIKE the idea of the Drone show and would love to see one, That said I would not stand under the drones for any amount of money.
I am sure, like the fireworks, they would not actually have the drones over the heads of people...

TTA94

@marni1971 Depending on how well the holiday drone show does at DS, would they consider going back to the idea of having a permanent nighttime show? Not necessarily drone based.

Vipraa

A bunch Disney Springs and other areas management is not 100% on board with this show as well. Its already proving to be a logistical nightmare before it even starts as there will be limited good viewing areas around the Springs and the entire lake will be shut down for most of the night to accommodate the drones. No Water Taxis, No Amphicars and No resort launches at peak hours during the busiest season of the year. The Resorts on the Sassagoula River are losing a big benefit to staying at those resorts. Already rumbling of the entire thing being a Very temporary offering

BrianLo

@ford91exploder mentioned this offhand about replacing fireworks, but I thought it worth pointing to Intel's recent blog post on the matter. They just broke the world record last week with 500 drones.

I hope they are working with Intel using the Shooting Star Drones. Do any of our insiders know if they are developing their own in-house solution or working with Intel? It's much more impressive that they are hitting the critical mass to start offering a compelling fireworks substitute. From a sound (280g drones) and system (FAA approval with 2 operators), it seems like this is going to quickly be viable as the next wave of nighttime shows.

rogerrabbitfan9

@ford91exploder mentioned this offhand about replacing fireworks, but I thought it worth pointing to Intel's recent blog post on the matter. They just broke the world record last week with 500 drones.

I hope they are working with Intel using the Shooting Star Drones. Do any of our insiders know if they are developing their own in-house solution or working with Intel? It's much more impressive that they are hitting the critical mass to start offering a compelling fireworks substitute. From a sound (280g drones) and system (FAA approval with 2 operators), it seems like this is going to quickly be viable as the next wave of nighttime shows.

The FAA Approval form that Disney submitter earlier implied they were using their own drone design built by 3DR. I have a feeling the community of people doing this stuff is pretty small, so I wouldn't doubt that someone at Disney is hitting up someone at Intel.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Intel's work in this field is quite amazing.

TTA94

So this will be just random mini shows throughout the night correct? I'm not really expecting a full 15 minute or so show, though that would be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom