"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

Buried20KLeague

Color me shocked that they're doing this in a non-gated area like this rather than inside a park (which requires admission).

To me, that either means:

1. Disney Springs really IS doing that poorly that they need to draw people there any way they can

or

2. This show isn't elaborate enough to use as an advertized draw into a park.

bhg469

Are drones really that loud?
They're not that quiet! The addition of a hundred of them and then over a surface like water... Assuming that is where they will be, that will be a very loud place to be, but they will have music to drown it out. The question is, if the music will have to be so loud that it is uncomfortable to listen to.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are drones really that loud?
It depends on the size.

I have a fairly standard Blade 350 and it is near silent once it is about 30' up, but I am also not running 60 of them at the same time.

The larger 6 and 8 blade drones used for heavier payloads can be quite loud.

I am just spit-balling, but I can not see why they would need to use anything larger than a typical 4 blade drone if all they are doing is lighting. If that is the case,then you will not hear a thing over a soundtrack and normal crowd noise.

I am halfway wondering if the camera they used to shoot that video had a directional or parabolic mic on it.

COProgressFan

Color me shocked that they're doing this in a non-gated area like this rather than inside a park (which requires admission).

1. Disney Springs really IS doing that poorly that they need to draw people there any way they can

or

Maybe a little bit of both? It's a way to draw visitors to Springs for the holidays, and a great place to work out the concept of using drones before implementing them into a larger show a few years down the road at Epcot or MK. A smaller show is a great way to test proof of concept before going big in something like Illuminations.

Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised and excited for this!

Tavernacle12

or

Could be both. It'll certainly boost Springs attendance, and it may be the easiest place to test something like it on a medium scale.

Bolt

They're not that quiet! The addition of a hundred of them and then over a surface like water... Assuming that is where they will be, that will be a very loud place to be, but they will have music to drown it out. The question is, if the music will have to be so loud that it is uncomfortable to listen to.
There will be quite a bit of distance between you and the drones, too. That will help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom