Star Wars Weekends Question...

JLipnick

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what WDW does when there are 5 weekends in May rather than the normal 4 in terms of star wars weekends. Do they still do the last two in May and the first two in June? or do they do three weekends in May and the first in June? we had spoken to someone at reservations and they told us that while they don't know what will happen, in the past they did have SWW the three in May and only the first in June and people had planned vacations around SWW being the second weekend in June and many people were really mad. I know it won't be known until they are announced, but just wondering if anyone had any insight based on previous years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The last 2 in May and the first 2 in June is a pattern that has almost set in stone since around 2005. The one thing that I have seen mess with this schedule are other large Star Wars conventions or movie releases. This happened in 2007 when SW Celebration was at the end of May and they moved the dates to the 4 weekends in June.They have also extended the dates past the first 2 last 2. In 2005 they added on an additional 2 weekends at the last minute. I do not see any reason for them to change for 2014.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The last 2 in May and the first 2 in June is a pattern that has almost set in stone since around 2005. The one thing that I have seen mess with this schedule are other large Star Wars conventions or movie releases. This happened in 2007 when SW Celebration was at the end of May and they moved the dates to the 4 weekends in June.They have also extended the dates past the first 2 last 2. In 2005 they added on an additional 2 weekends at the last minute. I do not see any reason for them to change for 2014.
I didn't know they went to 6 weekends in 2005 - interesting.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I didn't know they went to 6 weekends in 2005 - interesting.
It was a last minute add from what I remember. I think the news dropped somewhere around the end of week 1 or 2.

EDIT: The news came out on June 9th. 2005 was the year Revenge of the Sith was released and the series was as popular as ever.

JLipnick

Original Poster
so it is possible that in 2015 things may be different due to the assumed release of SW VII. thanks for the info. I have never been to SWW and plan to go for my 40th bday in 2015!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
so it is possible that in 2015 things may be different due to the assumed release of SW VII. thanks for the info. I have never been to SWW and plan to go for my 40th bday in 2015!
Possibly, but if anything it might add to the dates. Celebrity scheduling is what seems to make them move dates. Considering what the typical guest list is like at SWW, I don't really see Ep7 getting in the way of that....if it even comes out in 2015.

ratherbeinwdw

I'm a very happy camper. Finally saw on the Disney site that Star Wars Weekend starts on May 16th and ends June 08. I was so afraid it wouldn't start until the next weekend and we would miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom