deleted

Luxe

Wow what a fantastic new offering Disney is giving to the fans! For only $129/person you can skip the lines and get priority viewing of the Star Wars fireworks show!

Seriously though, I know a majority of people here will say "But it's a good value!!!!! No one is forcing you to pay for it!!!!!" but let's be honest here. This is essentially a $129 fastpass with firework viewing...

I feel bad for the poor CM that has to tote people around for 7 hours in Launch Bay trying to think of material to talk about.

Luxe

I was going to say the same thing. How is this any better than booking the dessert party and seeing the Star Wars attractions yourself? I really don't see any major perks here.
Use your 3 FP reservations on the other 3 attractions in the park. Use the tour for the SW related attractions, then you never have to wait in line! It's quite the bargain for only $231 per person! Don't you just love all of these new offerings lately? Better yet, if you're too poor to afford it then you can wait in line while you enjoy a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Treat!! Wait...

asianway

Wow what a fantastic new offering Disney is giving to the fans! For only $129/person you can skip the lines and get priority viewing of the Star Wars fireworks show!

Seriously though, I know a majority of people here will say "But it's a good value!!!!! No one is forcing you to pay for it!!!!!" but let's be honest here. This is essentially a $129 fastpass with firework viewing...

I feel bad for the poor CM that has to tote people around for 7 hours in Launch Bay trying to think of material to talk about.
When I heard 7 hours I assumed $500 so it is priced right, but there's nothing exclusive to the tour. Seems like you could do it much faster on your own

Notes from Neverland

I can actually see why they did this. Believe it or not, there is most likely an audience out there for this. Think about all of the die-hard Star Wars fans that would love to see this. I think it is comparable to the Undiscovered Future World tour, which targets a specific group of people--- the loyal fan base. I'm usually against "upcharges", but this one doesn't really bother me. I have no problem with increasing the options of tours offered, and it doesn't take anything away from anybody else, unlike some of the more recent offerings, so I don't see why people are complaining.

It's timing. This message may have been received differently had it not come at a time when Disney is seemingly finding any way possible to nickle and dime its customers. Most of their efforts have been tacky at best (cabanas) while this one, which may be seemingly an innocent offering, looks a lot worse when placed alongside the others.

Given the current state of the parks, particularly Hollywood Studios, it might be nice to see something added without an additional cost beyond the already high admission.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

I can actually see why they did this. Believe it or not, there is most likely an audience out there for this. Think about all of the die-hard Star Wars fans that would love to see this. I think it is comparable to the Undiscovered Future World tour, which targets a specific group of people--- the loyal fan base. I'm usually against "upcharges", but this one doesn't really bother me. I have no problem with increasing the options of tours offered, and it doesn't take anything away from anybody else, unlike some of the more recent offerings, so I don't see why people are complaining.
The problem is this doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary other than a tour guide.

SorcererMC

I think there is an audience for this too. Also probably why they cancelled SWW, aka to create pent-up demand.

NearTheEars

How do you get seven hours out of the meager Star Wars offerings at that park? This is the sort of thing you save for when you have a fully armed and operational Star Wars Land

If you watch every show and probably ride Star Tours a few times I could see it getting to about 7 hours, especially if the guided tour inside Launch Bay is extensive.

Would I pay $130? Heck no! We've done nearly that entire itinerary (minus the desert party) for free. Well, at least with our regular AP admission.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The problem is this doesn't offer anything out of the ordinary other than a tour guide.

In it's best possible light (aka 'snorting the pixie dust' to the jaded)...

1. While many people don't think the desert parties are worth it (I don't), you do get the desert party which is currently $70.
2. A quick serve meal: $20

That leaves $40. Would you pay $40 to guarantee your youngling a spot at Jedi Academy without having to get to DHS 45 minutes before opening?

I think many would. If I had a child, I'd gladly pay this upcharge to avoid the extra-early rope drop and mad dash to the sign-up.

The other things are gravy. Hopefully this includes not only a VIP entrance to Star Tours, but the opportunity to ride it several times in order to see the randomized scenes.

Since the desert party can only fit so many individuals, this seems like it's going to be limited to about a dozen or two each day. This will have a minimal impact on other guests.

21stamps

1. While many people don't think the desert parties are worth it (I don't), you do get the desert party which is currently $70.

That leaves $40. Would you pay $40 to guarantee your youngling a spot at Jedi Academy without having to get to DHS 45 minutes before opening?

I think many would. If I had a child, I'd gladly pay this upcharge to avoid the extra-early rope drop and mad dash to the sign-up.

The other things are gravy. Hopefully this includes not only a VIP entrance to Star Tours, but the opportunity to ride it several times in order to see the randomized scenes.

Since the desert party can only fit so many individuals, this seems like it's going to be limited to about a dozen or two each day. This will have a minimal impact on other guests.

I would have done this in a heartbeat!!!

Luxe

It's not that the package isn't a decent value, it's that they keep offering uncharge things in a park that's half closed. Rather than adding something that everyone can experience for the already overpriced park in it's current state.The randomization at Star Tours we should have had months ago is not something new. Neither is the tour offerings.

Mike S

Blast from the past.
image-jpeg.131262

Jon81uk

Can't you say that about every single tour?

I guess Keys to the Kingdom does take you briefly into the Utilidors, but otherwise you get to ride three attractions while a tour guide talks about them and the park.
On the Star Wars tour you get to ride some attractions & see some shows and have a tour guide talk to you about them. Its not that difference to any other tour

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom