News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You are correct that the toll plazas for DHS parking are being built as shown on your map. I was referring to the center of the map I posted, where it shows the road dividing, and then two Stop lines. I see that as a guard booth controlling access to the SW resort. I shouldn't have called it a toll plaza. It is closer up the road than where the current toll plaza is.

Those stop lines will be painted on the ground for traffic control. I presume there will also be Stop Signs there. Here below in the red arrow is the access to the Resort driveway. Circled in red is the gatehouse, also in red.

1530802594718.png

Here is a close up with just the blueprint. Red arrows point to the gates.

1530802706728.png

Incomudro

Just my opinion, but I can’t see them making it very restrictive. If people want to come and go they will let them. They may not encourage it by providing buses to parks or DS but they won’t try to stop people either. I think the immersion is going to have to be at an individual level. We already know guests won’t be required to wear costumes and it’s highly unlikely they will restrict phones and other devices. Even though I’m skeptical it will happen, many on here insist this place will be geared towards and appropriate for small children. With all of these distractions, people will need to use their imaginations to be fully immersed. You will get out what you put in. Those who want a more casual experience might come and go some. Those who want hard core full immersion will not leave, will not use personal devices and will probably dress up.

And remember, within a family or group - different people might want different levels of immersion.
Full experience for the kids and for arguments sake - dad.
But perhaps mom would like to be left out of it.
Same thing perhaps for some grandparents etc.

Progress.City

My guess is that there will be a walkway from within the hotel to SWGE. The resort wouldn’t be “connected” if there weren’t. A bus from the restort entrance to the park entrance would not be an immersive experience, as guests would leave the Star Wars universe and enter back into it multiple times.

Maybe the plans do not yet show this project. It could be added as a separate project to be built after the hotel itself. My guess is an enclosed pedestrian sky bridge with no moving sidewalks or peoplemovers but with theming and special effects within it.

Just look at what Disney is doing in California, with its pedestrian skybridge connecting the new parking structure to the parks and Downtown Disney for a hint of what they could be up to. The distance for walking is longer (I think) for the California bridge, which means Disney is too cheap to add moving sidewalks or people movers in general to their projects, especially for such a sky bridge project in Florida. The enclosure and theming is something they have to do by default in order to keep the whole thing immersive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These are the plans for the hotel from a South Florida water management district permit that was filed today. We can see that the end of the DHS lot will be the parking for the hotel. The plans do not show any direct connection to the park.

While reviewing this permit further, I found this....

"The current schedule proposes to begin construction in late 2018 and complete work in 2020."

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yea you don't bring someone along to something where they will be immersed in something if its not something they are interested in

seascape

I think the best way to plan for the Star Wars hotel is to have those interested in staying and experiencing it to do that at the start of your regular trip for a few days and then have the rest of the family come for the majority in another resort.

Lets Respect

I don't think families are going to break up their travel party for this.

Let's say you're a family with 3 small kids and a grandma flying in, you're all going to fly in, do the SW resort, then move on to another resort for the rest of the week

nickys

Premium Member
Sure. Who would they leave out in my hypothetical, assuming they want all three kids to have the experience?

Ah, I thought you meant just Mom or Dad was interested and that 5 were tagging along!

Although I would leave it until the kids were old enough to follow and understand an evolving storyline. When you said 3little kids I was envisaging a 2, 3 and 5 year old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom