News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Rodan75

The site which cannot be named is claiming this is the entrance pathway to the land. Personally I am a little skeptical of this since it doesn't actually show it going all the way to the land. If they did this they would either have to hide a lot of back stage infrastructure or make this a tunnel.

View attachment 293568

It feels weird that they would do a walkway instead of some sort of people mover that would feel a little more in universe.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I've overlayed the image onto an overhead image of the area for a better idea of where everything lines up:

Capture.PNG

"The facility will be connected to the DHS park from a bridge over the L-402 Canal.
The new bridge will be close to that of the existing temporary construction bridge over the L-402 canal into the DHS Crescent surcharge area.

Doesn't that seem to suggest that the bridge would be at the other end of the hotel (to be "near" the current temporary construction bridge? What about a bridge here that connects to an area just to the west of the Millennium Falcon attraction? (an area where there doesn't seem to be much currently). WOuld also seem to be the shortest possible connection point between the hotel and Galaxy's Edge (which from an efficiency standpoint, would be ideal):

Capture1.PNG

I also question if the area circled in the image below could be some sort of a station for a system to immersively take guests between the hotel and the park:

Capture2.PNG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've overlayed the image onto an overhead image of the area for a better idea of where everything lines up:

View attachment 293575

Doesn't that seem to suggest that the bridge would be at the other end of the hotel (to be "near" the current temporary construction bridge? What about a bridge here that connects to an area just to the west of the Millennium Falcon attraction? (an area where there doesn't seem to be much currently). WOuld also seem to be the shortest possible connection point between the hotel and Galaxy's Edge (which from an efficiency standpoint, would be ideal):

View attachment 293576

I also question if the area circled in the image below could be some sort of a station for a system to immersively take guests between the hotel and the park:

View attachment 293574

The bridge is the one shown in the plans that connects to the parking lot.

Item circled in that last picture is the chiller plant.

Texas84

Sounds like a 'luxury' space cruise with Star Wars games to play. Not the total immersion I was hoping for. Still saving up for it though.

TiggerDad

The site which cannot be named is claiming this is the entrance pathway to the land. Personally I am a little skeptical of this since it doesn't actually show it going all the way to the land. If they did this they would either have to hide a lot of back stage infrastructure or make this a tunnel.

View attachment 293568
That pathway is very narrow. Looks like about half the width of a parking space. I don't think they could legally have a sidewalk that narrow between two roadways without more clearance. I think it's just a barrier between two different parking areas.

rle4lunch

I don't think there should be handicapped parking spots at the Star Wars resort. Can't they heal just about every type of malady through robotic integration or through the Force? For a truly "realistic and immersive experience", they need to have wheelchair/jazzie bound people try to use the Force like Leia did to Mary Poppins their way into the hotel??

Last edited:

raymusiccity

I don't think there should be handicapped parking spots at the Star Wars resort. Can't they heal just about every time of malady through robotic integration or through the Force? For a truly "realistic and immersive experience", they need to have wheelchair/jazzie bound people try to use the Force like Leia did to Mary Poppins their way into the hotel??

Not much chance of being totally immersed in a Star Wars experience when you hear a honk, and a rental scooter barrels past you !!

Bairstow

It feels weird that they would do a walkway instead of some sort of people mover that would feel a little more in universe.

Seems like an unnecessary expense.
Moreover, they wouldn't want the guests one method of returning to their rooms during a storm to be dependent on electrical power.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 293568

That blob ends in the very middle of the back of Falcon. There is zero entry to the land there.

Also...

1. The entrance to SWR is from the DHS parking lot, not from some other road. There's a gatehouse along the way. There is a back road entrance to SWR, but hat is marked for emergency vehicles.

2. There is parking at the main entrance of SWR for seven buses. It's possible you will park in DHS parking lot and take a bus/tram to SWR, or, walk to the resort. The path marked by the site that can't be named is for pedestrian walking to and from the parking lot. The pedestrian marking doesn't continue in any way into SWL.

3. It's possible the parking for buses is what will transport you to SWL (if there is a SWL component of the experience). There doesn't seem to be much space for them to drop you off between the two ride buildings, however, plenty of space west of Falcon.

ABQ

Well at this point, I think it's only been described as a bridge, right? They didn't specify the mode of transport over the bridge, whether pedestrian foot, moving sidewalk or who knows? Though, sadly, it could very well underwhelm when done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well at this point, I think it's only been described as a bridge, right? They didn't specify the mode of transport over the bridge, whether pedestrian foot, moving sidewalk or who knows? Though, sadly, it could very well underwhelm when done.

The new bridge is just a vehicular bridge to get over the canal. There's nothing special about it.

Rodan75

The footprint of the resort is 76,586 square feet (7,115 sq.m.) or 1.76 acres.

Red is the building, green are elevated mounds of landscaping.

View attachment 293614

Wow. This seems tiny for a hotel with the thematic elements they've discussed. Only 2 stories was a big surprise. This isn't the Star Wars version of Ascension, which honestly I kinda assumed this Grand LARP Hotel was going be like that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom