News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
The survey they sent out last year asked whether respondents would pay $900 to $1,000 each for a two-day event. Every other price being discussed is just conjecture

And the surveying BEFORE the one that went public... weren't as narrow. It's not conjecture - it's different references. My personal guesstimate is it should be similar in cost to a Disney Cruise... on the order of 2000-3000 for dual occupancy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Another waste of time debating and arguing. Disney will NOT take peoples phones. All you have to do is look at the increased use of personal devices through their app. I would venture to say you may have a special app that unlocks with your reservation for the experience to track your mission.

They are not going to "lock you into" the experience. They are not going to have the legal liability of confiscating devices that they are pushing to begin with. This is all such stupid nonsense. Come on folks.

1000%

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And the surveying BEFORE the one that went public... weren't as narrow. It's not conjecture - it's different references. My personal guesstimate is it should be similar in cost to a Disney Cruise... on the order of 2000-3000 for dual occupancy.

That price will fold after the initial wave of Fan nuts cycle through...whoever is left of them by 2021.

The appeal of this at such a high cost is being overstated...no matter what the polling suggests.

Just conjecture...we will have to wait and see.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I've gathered there's a level of engagement price system.
Pay for it, and you've signed on for heavy role play.
Don't pay for it, and you will be left more alone.

I haven't seen any indication that the price will be based on the level of engagement you want. I assume everyone pays the full price and you can choose your level of engagement.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I haven't seen any indication that the price will be based on the level of engagement you want. I assume everyone pays the full price and you can choose your level of engagement.

For $3K I want expect to be worshiped by Ewoks.
giphy.gif

drod1985

Considering the fact that Batuu should be included in the resort's storyline it wouldn't surprise me if Fastpasses for each attraction are included with your resort stay. They could even be scheduled in such a way as to move your story along.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Are they full?

But that actually doesn’t matter...i’m Sure you know what DVC is and why that analogy doesn’t work.
What makes you think DVC owners wouldn’t take part in this? Owners trade in points for cruises all the time. It’s a terrible conversion rate but it doesn’t stop the masses from doing it. Although I haven’t heard anything official I would not be surprised at all to see Disney offer DVC owners a chance trade in points for this resort.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What makes you think DVC owners wouldn’t take part in this? Owners trade in points for cruises all the time. It’s a terrible conversion rate but it doesn’t stop the masses from doing it. Although I haven’t heard anything official I would not be surprised at all to see Disney offer DVC owners a chance trade in points for this resort.

No...that’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying DVC is a point bank that isn’t tied specifically to a room...so the daily cost is nowhere close to this proposition.

And...the bungalows flooded points into the system that were sold mostly in smaller contracts...so that sale fans out over the network.

It’s apples and oranges.

And as always...this Star Wars stuff is all opinion and conjecture...not a game of thrones battlefield. So we can all share thoughts.

I do know that DVC isn’t the right comparison...a fifty year contract for $40,000 isn’t the same as 3 Nights at $4500 and a picture with Darth maul

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No...that’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying DVC is a point bank that isn’t tied specifically to a room...so the daily cost is nowhere close to this proposition.

And...the bungalows flooded points into the system that were sold mostly in smaller contracts...so that sale fans out over the network.

It’s apples and oranges.

And as always...this Star Wars stuff is all opinion and conjecture...not a game of thrones battlefield. So we can all share thoughts.

I do know that DVC isn’t the right comparison...a fifty year contract for $40,000 isn’t the same as 3 Nights at $4500 and a picture with Darth maul
I misunderstood what you were saying. Agreed, buying into DVC is apples to oranges compared to this. The best you could do is compare it to remting DVC points or paying cash to Disney for a stay in the Poly bungalows which is going to cost you on average around $2,500 a night (assuming you rent 150 points @ around $17). People are willing to pay it. Not me, but others are. To your original point, I don’t think the Poly bungalows are always full either. I checked the DVC member site and only 4 nights are sold out in July/Aug/Sep with 2 being 7/3 and 7/4. It is the most extreme example of a high priced room.

If you factor in $700 for a deluxe room, $400 for park tickets and $400 for food for a family of 4 in a day that’s $1,500. Assuming this is all inclusive for both food and entertainment I would think the price would be somewhere north of $1,500 a night since this is supposed to be a premium experience. Assuming 2 night stay over $3,000 for a family of 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom