News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Thelazer

OMG. Srs.
Take Your Cell Phone?

More likely, "download this special app" to make your phone a part of the hotel experience.

Expect heavy theme in the hallways and lobby, those "Virtual ports" found on the cruse ships for windows of your hotel room and
more than likely some kinda dining experience that ONLY hotel guests can get into it... that's about it... I'm sure they will have a gift shop and a kids pool to.

surfsupdon

The more I hear, the more my interest decreases. And the more relieved I am that I am not a Star Wars fan. None of this seems appealing. (Appealing to me, my needs, my expectations--I am glad it's available for others tho.)

righttrack

The main joy of something like this is the element of surprise. Anything can happen.
The main issue in deciding to do something like this, especially at high cost, is what is it and what will happen?

Incomudro

The more I hear, the more my interest decreases. And the more relieved I am that I am not a Star Wars fan. None of this seems appealing. (Appealing to me, my needs, my expectations--I am glad it's available for others tho.)

I believe some diehard fans may be likely to take what Disney is going to be doing far too seriously.
This is WDW.
Even with a high degree of immersion and role playing, everything they do is done with a dose of fun.
When a family stays at this hotel - they are not going to force a mother that might not want to wear a Star Wars garment to wear one, or force her into heavy role play if she doesn't sign up for it.
But they'll entertain her kids, and perhaps her husband if he signs up for it.
Of course, they'll be likely to have some fun with her.
Think Explorers club.
Think that troupe that used to entertain in England. (sorry, forgot their name)
Think what happens when Jack Sparrow comes out in Adventure Land.
Think Jedi Training.
Up a few notches, and hopefully very well done and amazing.
But fun.

winstongator

I believe some diehard fans may be likely to take what Disney is going to be doing far too seriously.
This is WDW.
Even with a high degree of immersion and role playing, everything they do is done with a dose of fun.
When a family stays at this hotel - they are not going to force a mother that might not want to wear a Star Wars garment to wear one, or force her into heavy role play if she doesn't sign up for it.
But they'll entertain her kids, and perhaps her husband if he signs up for it.
Of course, they'll be likely to have some fun with her.
Think Explorers club.
Think that troupe that used to entertain in England. (sorry, forgot their name)
Think what happens when Jack Sparrow comes out in Adventure Land.
Think Jedi Training.
Up a few notches, and hopefully very well done and amazing.
But fun.
I am planning on going. My guess is a fixed cost per guest, whether you engage or not. So it will likely be me, my dad, daughter and nephew. Maybe again with me, daughter, maybe father in law and different nephews. Rest of party if they’re in Orlando would be at another hotel. This is priced where my dad or father in law would never do it, but I might be able to, and it would be a fun gift.

Secrets and of the empire was around $25 for 15 minutes. $250-500 for 2 days is a reasonable scaling.

Kamikaze

I am planning on going. My guess is a fixed cost per guest, whether you engage or not. So it will likely be me, my dad, daughter and nephew. Maybe again with me, daughter, maybe father in law and different nephews. Rest of party if they’re in Orlando would be at another hotel. This is priced where my dad or father in law would never do it, but I might be able to, and it would be a fun gift.

Secrets and of the empire was around $25 for 15 minutes. $250-500 for 2 days is a reasonable scaling.

Yeah, its not going to be less than $1000 for 2 days per adult. $700 or so for 2 days for a child under 13. No way its less.

Bairstow

Has anyone heard whether Disney has started playtesting these experiences in a warehouse near LA yet? I can only assume that this will be a key part of the development process.

Also, did anyone do a Challenger Center experience as a kid? A lot of the speculation in this thread regarding the resort reminds me of how a Challenger Center session is run.

Incomudro

From what I've gathered there's a level of engagement price system.
Pay for it, and you've signed on for heavy role play.
Don't pay for it, and you will be left more alone.

winstongator

For 2 nights? Easily $3k pp. People should not get their hopes up, this is not going to be designed for the typical guest who is looking to do disney on a budget.
3k per person, so 12k for 4? Wow. I was thinking $2k for 2 days, 4 people. At that price they’ll have trouble. I’m fairly price insensitive, but that gets my hair up.

flynnibus

Premium Member
3k per person, so 12k for 4? Wow. I was thinking $2k for 2 days, 4 people. At that price they’ll have trouble. I’m fairly price insensitive, but that gets my hair up.

Remember disney is getting 600/night for room and 100+/person/day for general admission park tockets. Thats $1k for one night two days just for parks... not including food.

The frame of reference is 'you knew deluxe plus dining plan and tickets... now add on all this other stuff... what would you pay?"

Sonthink well north of that... not on par with base deluxe pricing

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

It will be interesting to see after the initial pent up demands wears out if demand peters out at initial pricing.

Fizban257

The survey they sent out last year asked whether respondents would pay $900 to $1,000 each for a two-day event. Every other price being discussed is just conjecture. That doesn't mean Disney won't ultimately charge more, but that is the price point they used when they tested the market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom