News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

21stamps

What world do you live in that there's one and only one doctor who will respond to your emergency? Or that there's WiFi available 24/7 every place on the planet?

Doctors go on vacation and some purposely go off grid. You have to deal with the person who's covering for them.

Even if they didn't go off grid, what are you going to do about your emergency when they're on a 12 hour flight to Asia and have no phone service for the entire time? And if you need them to perform a procedure immediately, there are no Star Trek transporters to get them to your emergency room in Sandusky from Tokyo.

Turn off my cell phone? What do you think this is? A movie theater?

A movie is 3 hours or less. Orlando is in the USA, in a highly developed area, with phone service, and WiFi. It’s not an off the grid locale. Someone can choose to turn off their phone for a week, nothing stopping them. Other people want their phones, most people are a reasonable time flight away from where they would need to be if an emergency happened. Some people do need to check emails.. some people want to check emails.

No way that this hotel won’t have WiFi and will have some kind of no-phone-in-sight rule anytime you’re outside of your room.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Simple solution - Don't Go.

You're just being argumentative now.. go away.

How is my Opinion that they will have to come up with some accommodation...or tell a HIGH EARNING target demographic “don’t come”...argumentative?

First...it is an opinion - as damn near everything here is.
Second...it’s valid.
Third...I may be completely wrong!! But it doesn’t invalidate my opinion or deligitimize it.

Want me to like your posts...because I don’t agree with this utopian idea of 100,000 visitors a year that can go cellphone dead that can pay the bill? Done.

I’m in rare complete agreement with @21stamps here.
Especially the “you don’t answer your phone when you go to a game/play” argument...and the cruise ship.

It’s the same as the economic argument about WDW pricing: “broadway and nfl are even more expensive...”
Yeah...but you don’t go/pay for 168 hours straight!!

Watermelons and kiwis.

21stamps

How is my Opinion that they will have to come up with some accommodation...or tell a HIGH EARNING target demographic “don’t come”...argumentative?

First...it is an opinion - as damn near everything here is.
Second...it’s valid.
Third...I may be completely wrong!! But it doesn’t invalidate my opinion or deligitimize it.

Want me to like your posts...because I don’t agree with this utopian idea of 100,000 visitors a year that can go cellphone dead that can pay the bill? Done.

I’m in rare complete agreement with @21stamps here.
Especially the “you don’t answer your phone when you go to a game/play” argument...and the cruise ship.

It’s the same as the economic argument about WDW pricing: “broadway and nfl are even more expensive...”
Yeah...but you don’t go/pay for 168 hours straight!!

Watermelons and kiwis.

This is rare that we agree on something. I do think that the no-phone thing is far fetched. I guess we’ll see.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It’s a nice concept in theory. But I gave you the prime example: physicians. If Mrs. Kennedy is due next week but develops a Complication...do you not return the calls from the hospital because it’s “Wookie night at the improv”??
That's why doctors have services and associates... to cover for them while they're asleep/on vacation.

Unless you're Bob Wiley, of course...
what-about-bob.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you are wrong then your opinion has been invalidated.

That's how being wrong works.

I would think you were used to that by now.

You did not READ...

We do not know the cellphone policy at the “Rian Johnson International Hotel and Golf Course”. It is currently a patch of bulldozed swamp.

Please, try to type more than one sentence if you are gonna have an issue.

I know you’re super busy doing...something...and that the non-contributory quip is your “thing”...but it’s all opinion...which can’t technically be wrong if it hasn’t Happened yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's why doctors have services and associates... to cover for them while they're asleep/on vacation.

Unless you're Bob Wiley, of course...View attachment 287188

My OPINION Is that you’d be hard pressed to find doctors, lawyers or a zillion other professions that have not had to handle/address things on vacation that they either didn’t want to...or felt compelled to.

We shall see how the cellphone/contact thing goes...nothing is close to set at this point. I’m sure disney has idea kicking around.

Even if they have some type of “docking system” in your room where it beeps and “communication coming in” pops up or notifies you...giving you control and options and still using the theming.

...that would work really well for Star Trek 😎

21stamps

Unless you're Bob Wiley, of course...View attachment 287188

I don’t know why everyone is focusing on doctors. There’s a lot of people who can’t be off the grid for days at a time. My husband refused to do it, I was lucky if we got thru a movie or opera without him checking his phone, prior to intermission. I can say with certainty that I wouldn’t do it for multiple days, for emergency reasons.

21stamps

Nope. If there is an emergency, there is a way for someone to contact me via the cruise ship. For example, DCL sends your little cards to give to family that provides information on how they can reach you aboard the ship.
I think that’s fine, but I don’t think you can expect everyone to be so willing to not be notified of an emergency whether personal or work related in over a week’s time.
There are a lot of people who can not and will not. If there wasn’t, then WiFi plans and international data ability would never have happened.

Once upon a time I had to change my voicemail to “I’m out of the country right now you can email me at **^ if an emergency. I did check my email a couple of times per day.
Then, once international cellular ability came out, things were much easier. I hope you realize that a lot of people do not go off the grid.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think that’s fine, but I don’t think you can expect everyone to be so willing to not be notified of an emergency whether personal or work related in over a week’s time.
There are a lot of people who can not and will not. If there wasn’t, then WiFi plans and international data ability would never have happened.

Once upon a time I had to change my voicemail to “I’m out of the country right now you can email me at **^ if an emergency. I did check my email a couple of times per day.
Then, once international cellular ability came out, things were much easier. I hope you realize that a lot of people do not go off the grid.

I don’t expect everyone. But I expect a large number will be able to unplug like me.

jakeman

You did not READ...

We do not know the cellphone policy at the “Rian Johnson International Hotel and Golf Course”. It is currently a patch of bulldozed swamp.

Please, try to type more than one sentence if you are gonna have an issue.

I know you’re super busy doing...something...and that the non-contributory quip is your “thing”...but it’s all opinion...which can’t technically be wrong if it hasn’t Happened yet.
I typed three sentences.

Math, along with many other areas, seems to not be your strong suit.

You seem to confuse prolific posting with contributing. I think many folks around here are of the opinion that your greatest contribution would be to dial back your posting to a few hundred a day and work on writing comprehension.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom