• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars themed resort confirmed

flynnibus

Advertisement
Secrets and of the empire was around $25 for 15 minutes. $250-500 for 2 days is a reasonable scaling.
Except your estimates are way off :)

Disney charges nearly $100 for perk access to things you can do on your own. $100-200/day is no where near the uplift this will bring.

Incomudro

I am planning on going. My guess is a fixed cost per guest, whether you engage or not. So it will likely be me, my dad, daughter and nephew. Maybe again with me, daughter, maybe father in law and different nephews. Rest of party if they’re in Orlando would be at another hotel. This is priced where my dad or father in law would never do it, but I might be able to, and it would be a fun gift.

Secrets and of the empire was around $25 for 15 minutes. $250-500 for 2 days is a reasonable scaling.
From what I've gathered there's a level of engagement price system.
Pay for it, and you've signed on for heavy role play.
Don't pay for it, and you will be left more alone.

winstongator

For 2 nights? Easily $3k pp. People should not get their hopes up, this is not going to be designed for the typical guest who is looking to do disney on a budget.
3k per person, so 12k for 4? Wow. I was thinking $2k for 2 days, 4 people. At that price they’ll have trouble. I’m fairly price insensitive, but that gets my hair up.

flynnibus

3k per person, so 12k for 4? Wow. I was thinking $2k for 2 days, 4 people. At that price they’ll have trouble. I’m fairly price insensitive, but that gets my hair up.
Remember disney is getting 600/night for room and 100+/person/day for general admission park tockets. Thats $1k for one night two days just for parks... not including food.

The frame of reference is 'you knew deluxe plus dining plan and tickets... now add on all this other stuff... what would you pay?"

Sonthink well north of that... not on par with base deluxe pricing

monothingie

<title removed due to budget cuts>
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see after the initial pent up demands wears out if demand peters out at initial pricing.

The survey they sent out last year asked whether respondents would pay $900 to $1,000 each for a two-day event. Every other price being discussed is just conjecture. That doesn't mean Disney won't ultimately charge more, but that is the price point they used when they tested the market.

flynnibus

The survey they sent out last year asked whether respondents would pay $900 to $1,000 each for a two-day event. Every other price being discussed is just conjecture
And the surveying BEFORE the one that went public... weren't as narrow. It's not conjecture - it's different references. My personal guesstimate is it should be similar in cost to a Disney Cruise... on the order of 2000-3000 for dual occupancy.

Another waste of time debating and arguing. Disney will NOT take peoples phones. All you have to do is look at the increased use of personal devices through their app. I would venture to say you may have a special app that unlocks with your reservation for the experience to track your mission.

They are not going to "lock you into" the experience. They are not going to have the legal liability of confiscating devices that they are pushing to begin with. This is all such stupid nonsense. Come on folks.
1000%

And the surveying BEFORE the one that went public... weren't as narrow. It's not conjecture - it's different references. My personal guesstimate is it should be similar in cost to a Disney Cruise... on the order of 2000-3000 for dual occupancy.
That price will fold after the initial wave of Fan nuts cycle through...whoever is left of them by 2021.

The appeal of this at such a high cost is being overstated...no matter what the polling suggests.

Just conjecture...we will have to wait and see.

From what I've gathered there's a level of engagement price system.
Pay for it, and you've signed on for heavy role play.
Don't pay for it, and you will be left more alone.
I haven't seen any indication that the price will be based on the level of engagement you want. I assume everyone pays the full price and you can choose your level of engagement.

Top Bottom