News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

flynnibus

Premium Member
Will they let SW guest explore the star was land in an after dark exclusive? Is the hotel connected to the land?
Maybe the hotel spaceship docks at Star Wars land at the end of the journey.
As far as the theme, cosplay,adventure of the resort....it does sound like it would be geared to be a 2-3 night stay.

The pitch was as a guest, you would get extra perks at swl- not that you'd get exclusive access. Now that Disney has revealed the story variation capabilities of SWL you can see how some of these things can intermix. Imagine your stories from the cruise liner carries over to the park ,etc.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My biggest question is - are you really inside for almost 4 days? Without seeing the outside?
The closest I can think of to compare would be GWL (as in not going outside)..but I just feel like there should be a pool or something..even if domed to remain in theme.

Still a lot of details we need to hear about this. I am reserving any judgement on this until get these details. I am a huge Star Wars fan and would love to stay in a Star Wars themed resort, but this all-inclusive experience idea doesn't really appeal to me.

21stamps

I for one can not wait to see the guest rooms!!!

I hope they are all themed somewhat like the photo.. and not just the suites.

mm121

Still a lot of details we need to hear about this. I am reserving any judgement on this until get these details. I am a huge Star Wars fan and would love to stay in a Star Wars themed resort, but this all-inclusive experience idea doesn't really appeal to me.

done right it could be super cool, but if done wrong it could go horribly wrong

im thinking something like life on deep space 9 on star trek, not sure what the star wars equivalent of a space station would be

done wrong it will just feel like your trapped bored in a clauserphobic bubble

and not sure how they keep guests inside, unlike a real cruise ship its not surrounded by water, so they cant exactly lock people inside and not let them out

21stamps

I guess that's kind of what I'm saying as well.. I'm pumped, but have slight reservations about being exclusively inside a hotel for 3 nights while in Florida..especially at Disney World.

21stamps

im thinking something like life on deep space 9 on star trek, not sure what the star wars equivalent of a space station would be

and not sure how they keep guests inside, unlike a real cruise ship its not surrounded by water, so they cant exactly lock people inside and not let them out

...And even when you're on a cruise ship you still get to be outside in the fresh air.

mm121

I guess that's kind of what I'm saying as well.. I'm pumped, but have slight reservations about being exclusively inside a hotel for 3 nights while in Florida..especially at Disney World.

...And even when you're on a cruise ship you still get to be outside in the fresh air.

could they do some sort of thing where you take a 'landing craft" down to the surface in order to go "outside" to the parks or elsewhere

make it part of the "story"

if you open a window you get killed instantly by the vacuum of space, this hotel will need to be entirely non smoking if they dont want people going outside every 2 seconds

21stamps

could they do some sort of thing where you take a 'landing craft" down to the surface in order to go "outside" to the parks or elsewhere

make it part of the "story"

if you open a window you get killed instantly by the vacuum of space, this hotel will need to be entirely non smoking if they dont want people going outside every 2 seconds

Or exercise.. there would hopefully be a gym/track or something.

monykalyn

I agree. That's why I don't think this will be a regular thing for most, but can be (somewhat) easily justified for at least a one time stay.

I wonder if there may be a lot of father/sons taking a special trip just for them. I could totally see that.[/QUOTE]
If this is just a "one time thing" for most people is it really going to be a success? Repeat customers are what keeps businesses open...so here is hoping it is not priced sky high intended for one and done.
And can we please get over the assumption that only males love Star Wars? I am the one who pushed for and planned our Star Wars weekends trip. My daughters and I are the ones who attend comic cons (&my 14 year old girl cosplayed as well). And I'd say they was a 50/50 split at the conventions of male/female.
Maybe the majority fans are female (for now) but see how well Wonder Woman is doing...
I want a live action space battle. A cross between the Mission Space Advanced Training Lab, Mission Space itself, VR, laser tag, etc. I honestly won't be excited if it's things like dinner shows. I want to DO Star Wars.
A la Star Trek experience? Being "transported" was such a cool experience!

Cruise ships have port days though- so maybe as immersive as a guest wants?

mm121

they could have scheduled "surface adventure days"

its just not enforceable in the same way a cruise ship is, since people will want outside regardless of time of day, ruining the immersion

on a cruise ship they MUST wait for it to dock, and if they arent back on board by departure time they get left behind

unfortunately with this guest wont see the same urgency to be back at a certain time or to be patient and wait till a certain time to leave

durangojim

The cruise is the right analogy. Fixed duration. I don't think they'll go all inclusive, I wager certain experiences will be upgrades. They did show outside pools in the concept art which I found confusing... but they did talk about it too.
Is there a link to more concept art besides what's been shown here?

flynnibus

Premium Member

They won't restrain people, but the idea is you are interested in what's here... and it's setup so you have full days and evenings here inside the environment.

If you are so offput by the place... copping with how much $$ you wasted is going to be far more significant than worrying about getting outside.

21stamps

="monykalyn, post: 7804477, member: 112442"]I wonder if there may be a lot of father/sons taking a special trip just for them. I could totally see that.
If this is just a "one time thing" for most people is it really going to be a success? Repeat customers are what keeps businesses open...so here is hoping it is not priced sky high intended for one and done.
And can we please get over the assumption that only males love Star Wars? I am the one who pushed for and planned our Star Wars weekends trip. My daughters and I are the ones who attend comic cons (&my 14 year old girl cosplayed as well). And I'd say they was a 50/50 split at the conventions of male/female.
Maybe the majority fans are female (for now) but see how well Wonder Woman is doing...

A la Star Trek experience? Being "transported" was such a cool experience!

I'm a woman btw.

In my experience a large amount, though not all, of the old Die Hard Star Wars nerds- as in books, comic books, all Lego sets, every series, (i.e @CaptainAmerica), etc.. is men.
Again, not all, but a lot.

(*figured out how to fix the quote, kind of..)

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
The concept art looks fantastic. I see a lot of people mentioning cosplay, but the description says "You’ll immediately become a citizen of the galaxy and experience all that entails, including dressing up in the proper attire." I interpreted that as thematic wardrobe, rather than letting random guests show up as Kylo or Rey or whomever. Was there something in the presentation that implied you could dress as a main character?

21stamps

The concept art looks fantastic. I see a lot of people mentioning cosplay, but the description says "You’ll immediately become a citizen of the galaxy and experience all that entails, including dressing up in the proper attire." I interpreted that as thematic wardrobe, rather than letting random guests show up as Kylo or Rey or whomever. Was there something in the presentation that implied you could dress as a main character?

I'm not sure what that means.. I'd rather not wear clothing provided to me, and used by other guests as well.

Maybe you have choices as to what costumes you can buy as part of a package?

monykalyn

Maybe you have choices as to what costumes you can buy as part of a package?
Or have guidelines for "generic" costumes i.e. "Jedi night" or "rebellion" that includes the emblem somewhere vs specifically as Kylo Ren or Rey. There's a lot of background characters in the scenes that could fit into the "theme" with costuming guidelines (like earth tone for this race, bright colors for this race or something like that).

And I wasn't trying to pick on you:)- love your trip reports with your son(he's adorable)- it's just my middle daughter is more into cosplay stuff; and over the years I've gone to conventions and comic cons (yep nerd alert lol!!) I've seen a huge increase in women/girls in attendance. I think the number of women/girls interested in a Star Wars experience is easy to underestimate-especially with Rogue One and the new trilogy having strong females as the lead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom