News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

BrianLo

Perhaps I'm just crazy, I think it was more along the lines of someone said the current clearing was for parking and not for the resort.

It's completely likely I am imagining things.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps I'm just crazy, I think it was more along the lines of someone said the current clearing was for parking and not for the resort.

That was before they announced the SW Resort and people were surmising about things like SWL extending into the parking lot area to connect with Star Tours.

So, yes, we were told that none of the park is extending into the parking lot area. But the Resort is not the park. So... chaos!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The original water management permit said that everything circled in red would become parking. This is not really a binding statement, Disney could change it to something else if they wanted to. The may have also filed the permit before the hotel got the green light. I believe Jim Hill said that the hotel would be in the area marked in blue. I think it is safe to assume the hotel will be down in that area somewhere but we just don't know for sure exactly how it will be situated.

upload_2017-10-11_10-50-43.png

WildcatDen

If an insider had made a definitive statement as to placement, I'm sure they'd be a bunch of us who'd remember and would have been repeating that info all over the place. If I'd seen it, it would be in the rumor tracker thread.

Maybe @WildcatDen has heard from Serpico?
Serpico has gone silent going on 3 months now. I still have some information I am sitting on as it was told to me with less confidence but this topic was not one of those. If the communications resume between Serpico and I, I will be sure to share what I can.

In hindsight, from what has been confirmed or was confirmed by others, Serpico was right about 75% of the items discussed.

Bulldog1653

Disney's had a close relationship with the 501st, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that rule relaxed for genuine members who want to dress up for their visits -- probably no full-face helmet outfits, but the staff uniforms wouldn't present much of a security/recognition threat.

Larry, I have to correct you when I say that the 501st Legion DOES have a good working relationship with Disney (Knock on Wood).
An many of you may have already guessed, yes I am a member of the 501st Legion. I have been a member for a little more than 2 years and I love every minute of it. A HUGE thrill for me is seeing the look on someone's face when they see us for the first time and absolutely MUST take a picture with us. It's the same thing you see when a kid sees Mickey for the first time.
Let me go ahead and speak to some of the other points that were raised concerning members of the 501st Legion.
  • Have we done the Star Wars Weekends Parades? YES (until they discontinued doing them and no I am NOT thrilled by that) We are hoping that they will resume them in the near future.
  • Are the Star Wars characters that wander around the parks members of the 501st or are they Cast Members? Unless they have their own set of approved armor or other costume that allows them to be a member of the 501st Legion, then the answer is no. We have nearly 12,000 members worldwide and I will freely admit that I don't know if any of our members work for Disney.
  • Has the 501st been asked to do patrols around the parks during Star Wars Weekends? I've never heard of this being done and I suspect the answer is a resounding NO. Disney takes their security VERY seriously and they would probably have no interest in having someone other than a cast member wear armor, etc UNLESS it's in their parade that they SPECIFICALLY ask us to do.
  • Are members of the 501st paid in any way to appear in parades or other events? This is a resounding NO. We are ALL volunteers. Our costumes, armor kits, etc. are either bought and modified to fit the wearer or it's bought from someone else and modified. I personally know of members who have upwards of $5000-$10,000 invested in Darth Vader, Boba Fett, etc.
This is a big question that I have heard a few times in the past and I will have to be VERY careful of how I answer this because I don't want any major fallout from what I say.
  • How accurate are the costumes worn by cast members and would they pass 501st Legion approval? To answer the first part of the question, the answer is yes, they are accurate but they would still need to do some work to get Legion approval. I will be nice and NOT go into extreme detail. For the average layman, yes they are passable and they do their job for the public at the Disney parks. As you can imagine, those armor kits are probably worn by several different cast members and what might comfortably fit one might not work for someone else. We go through a very rigorous approval process to get approved. The first time I ever saw the 501st I thought I was on a movie set. VERY impressive work and that's what got me interested.
With any luck, this will help a little bit. I will tell you this much: When Star Wars Land opens at the parks, we at the 501st pray to the force gods that they will ask us to be a part of the opening ceremonies.
For those of you interested in the 501st and maybe even joining us, here are a few links to help you along.

http://501st.com/
To help you find your local Garrison
http://501st.com/members/displayUnits.php

charitypromo2016.png

trainplane3

With any luck, this will help a little bit. I will tell you this much: When Star Wars Land opens at the parks, we at the 501st pray to the force gods that they will ask us to be a part of the opening ceremonies.
I cut out the extremely informative wall of text to say, I hope Disney lets you guys be part of the ceremonies. It's always fun seeing "you guys" at any Star Wars related event. Heck, maybe even let a couple of you fill in for the first couple months of the lands opening. The 501st have an extreme amount of detail on their costumes, so they'd fit in well for the land. I'm sure Disney would get a ton of 501st volunteering their time to immerse people in the new land, even if the job is to only walk around and get pictures with guests. But then again...legal issues and various clearances though.

Anyways, you nerds are pretty freaking awesome. You're a great group of people I would like to join one day!

Bulldog1653

Ok, now someone went and started posting pics.
E55D4E1C-0333-4053-84E5-FF84FB24BEAE.jpeg

I’m on the left. My armor is that of a Galactic Marine. The one next to me is Commander Bacara who was the commanding officer of the Galactic Marines.

B95715F3-3012-428B-B463-C97358CECDE2.jpeg

I’m in the officer uniform, again on the left.

Movielover, if that's your TK kit, I am VERY impressed. It looks like it's been through hell and back. Nice work. What Garrison?

Last edited:

Movielover

Movielover, if that's your TK kit, I am VERY impressed. It looks like it's been through hell and back. Nice work. What Garrison?

That's not me, that was just a funny picture I thought was relevant. However I am joining the Rebel Legion, finishing up my X-Wing Pilot's flight suit pretty soon, hopefully I'll be able to submit for approval by December! I'll be in Kessel Base serving Oklahoma!

22195272_10212736964570956_499606533008734136_n.jpg

Also your armor looks incredible! Fantastic work!

POLY LOVER

Disney will create a new vacation stay financing plan. Before booking you will meet with a finance manager to set up an easy pay plan over the next thirty years.

righttrack

Larry, I have to correct you when I say that the 501st Legion DOES have a good working relationship with Disney (Knock on Wood).
An many of you may have already guessed, yes I am a member of the 501st Legion. I have been a member for a little more than 2 years and I love every minute of it. A HUGE thrill for me is seeing the look on someone's face when they see us for the first time and absolutely MUST take a picture with us. It's the same thing you see when a kid sees Mickey for the first time.
Let me go ahead and speak to some of the other points that were raised concerning members of the 501st Legion.
  • Have we done the Star Wars Weekends Parades? YES (until they discontinued doing them and no I am NOT thrilled by that) We are hoping that they will resume them in the near future.
  • Are the Star Wars characters that wander around the parks members of the 501st or are they Cast Members? Unless they have their own set of approved armor or other costume that allows them to be a member of the 501st Legion, then the answer is no. We have nearly 12,000 members worldwide and I will freely admit that I don't know if any of our members work for Disney.
  • Has the 501st been asked to do patrols around the parks during Star Wars Weekends? I've never heard of this being done and I suspect the answer is a resounding NO. Disney takes their security VERY seriously and they would probably have no interest in having someone other than a cast member wear armor, etc UNLESS it's in their parade that they SPECIFICALLY ask us to do.
  • Are members of the 501st paid in any way to appear in parades or other events? This is a resounding NO. We are ALL volunteers. Our costumes, armor kits, etc. are either bought and modified to fit the wearer or it's bought from someone else and modified. I personally know of members who have upwards of $5000-$10,000 invested in Darth Vader, Boba Fett, etc.
This is a big question that I have heard a few times in the past and I will have to be VERY careful of how I answer this because I don't want any major fallout from what I say.
  • How accurate are the costumes worn by cast members and would they pass 501st Legion approval? To answer the first part of the question, the answer is yes, they are accurate but they would still need to do some work to get Legion approval. I will be nice and NOT go into extreme detail. For the average layman, yes they are passable and they do their job for the public at the Disney parks. As you can imagine, those armor kits are probably worn by several different cast members and what might comfortably fit one might not work for someone else. We go through a very rigorous approval process to get approved. The first time I ever saw the 501st I thought I was on a movie set. VERY impressive work and that's what got me interested.
For those of you interested in the 501st and maybe even joining us, here are a few links to help you along.

Bulldog1653 thanks. The 501st does just what you say. They are thrilling those they encounter with their accuracy and sheer joy of what they do. I met two of your members on the plane down to a SWW and had a great time chatting up general geekdom with them. I hope they include you guys. You do the force proud.

Pixieish

View attachment 243960

My family are all huge fans too...my boys looooooove seeing you guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom