News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Kamikaze

I don't see it that way. I don't know a single person, aside from people posting here, who thinks this is a good idea. Normal Star Wars fans, like myself, have no desire to play dress up for 2/3/4 days. It sounds torturous.

No clue where you are getting that comically low 2-3k number from either.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. Disney obviously thinks they have a winning idea here. In the short term, they probably do. Medium to long term, I just don't see it.

Go on any Star Wars forum. They are going berserk with crazy ideas about this. Don't worry - its sustainable. It will sell. It will be immensely popular for a very long time. The small number of rooms will help with that.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Go on any Star Wars forum. They are going berserk with crazy ideas about this. Don't worry - its sustainable. It will sell. It will be immensely popular for a very long time. The small number of rooms will help with that.
I guess we'll see.

Are there millions of people posting on Star Wars forums? Millions of people posting there with deep pockets who wants this?

I dunno.

Agree to disagree.

Kamikaze

I guess we'll see.

Are there millions of people posting on Star Wars forums? Millions of people posting there with deep pockets who wants this?

I dunno.

Agree to disagree.

Again, $2000-$3000 isn't 'deep pockets'. It isn't cheap, for sure, but its also not unobtainable. Remember, people drop thousands to attend Celebration when you factor in tickets, flights, rooms, etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't see it that way. I don't know a single person, aside from people posting here, who thinks this is a good idea. Normal Star Wars fans, like myself, have no desire to play dress up for 2/3/4 days. It sounds torturous.

No clue where you are getting that comically low 2-3k number from either.

Look, maybe I'm wrong. Disney obviously thinks they have a winning idea here. In the short term, they probably do. Medium to long term, I just don't see it.

I've had at least 10 normal people mention it to me since it was announced. And that's just coworkers, family, etc.

And if Disney has to pull the plug in 8 years.. is that a bad thing? You don't need to run for 35 years to be successful. Besides, they can always scale it back like you said to a more traditional resort too.

The big cost and question mark with concepts like these are UPDATES... how do they get people to come back after a few years? You don't want a DisneyQuest scenario where you run a farce. The original concept is very OpEx expensive.. which means it takes a commitment to keep up.

We all know Disney has been eye'ing the boutique, higher end experience for awhile (Adventures by Disney, Night Kingdom, etc).. so finally taking the plunge with an EASY one like Star Wars isn't a stretch.

Bairstow

I don't know why anyone is doubting the existence of a pool. An indoor, futuristic "starship" pool could provide some of the most interesting opportunities for themed design of the whole project. It could be a real centerpiece of the experience.

b3b057407385f23759cf98c3628e250c--futuristic-art-cyberpunk-art.jpg

pool_by_penemenn-d3dedts.jpg

4c5bcdf8c18eb0f8198679ab2da86847.jpg

21stamps

I don't know why anyone is doubting the existence of a pool. An indoor, futuristic "starship" pool could provide some of the most interesting opportunities for themed design of the whole project. It could be a real centerpiece of the experience.

b3b057407385f23759cf98c3628e250c--futuristic-art-cyberpunk-art.jpg

pool_by_penemenn-d3dedts.jpg

4c5bcdf8c18eb0f8198679ab2da86847.jpg

Plus, couldn't they just use inspiration from the Phantom Menace.. isn't that the movie where they went underwater?

Maeryk

Question, Who is saying a 2 night number? I would think it would be 3. Even if someone just wanted to do this experience and leave, 3 nights is a better sell than 2 when flights are involved.

If it's 3 nights I think it could be priced at $3-5k as someone else previously mentioned yesterday.

To be honest though, I have absolutely no idea.lol. I just think that sounds like a realistic range without making it unattainable for the Disney deluxe demographic..as well as the 70s-80s born Star Wars fans.

Im betting they are banking on it being an add on to people's existing vacation plan, rather than a single destination. Two nights at this, then off to the moderate for five more, (what a bargain!), with parks.

21stamps

Im betting they are banking on it being an add on to people's existing vacation plan, rather than a single destination. Two nights at this, then off to the moderate for five more, (what a bargain!), with parks.

I'm hoping there will be a 3 night option as well though. It's the perfect amount of time for a quick experience like this, then go home...or in conjunction with a cruise or other Florida destination etc..

CaptainAmerica

This is why I think there will be a base price with add on package options.

No inside information here, just what would make sense.
I don't think so. This is a brand new concept and the idea would be to keep it as simple as possible to introduce to people. I'd guess the major variable would be length of stay, i.e. maybe they offer a three day itinerary and a two day itinerary.

But, like you, no inside info.

21stamps

I don't think so. This is a brand new concept and the idea would be to keep it as simple as possible to introduce to people. I'd guess the major variable would be length of stay, i.e. maybe they offer a three day itinerary and a two day itinerary.

But, like you, no inside info.

Yeah, I would think they would at least have that choice.

Did you read my previous responses to you?
Do you agree with either of them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom