News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What the latest press release on the new Wilderness resort/DVC had to say about the SW Resort...

Seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an immersive Star Wars-inspired destination will also be built at Walt Disney World Resort. This first-of-its-kind resort will be a completely immersive experience into an authentic Star Wars story as guests depart together for a multiday adventure aboard their starship. Guests will interact with characters as they become active citizens of the galaxy, dressed in proper attire as stories unfold all around them.​

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What the latest press release on the new Wilderness resort/DVC had to say about the SW Resort...

Seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an immersive Star Wars-inspired destination will also be built at Walt Disney World Resort. This first-of-its-kind resort will be a completely immersive experience into an authentic Star Wars story as guests depart together for a multiday adventure aboard their starship. Guests will interact with characters as they become active citizens of the galaxy, dressed in proper attire as stories unfold all around them.​
The only question is do you consider a bus ride to the front gate seamlessly connected? Not me. Maybe a bus ride to a private gate. I still think an elevated, indoor walkway would be much more “seamless” :)

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I doubt it would be AugR. There's no way to paint a bunch of SW animations on top of swampland, a parking lot, and the back stage and consider that immersive.

Welcome back to Dagobah
dagobah.jpg

Incomudro

The only question is do you consider a bus ride to the front gate seamlessly connected? Not me. Maybe a bus ride to a private gate. I still think an elevated, indoor walkway would be much more “seamless” :)

Yeah, I don't consider a bus to be seamless.
A themed tram would be more seamless.

Thelazer

In other words, the gift shop will sell T-shirts, for you to dress up in and the bedroom will have a magic window to look out of and your bus driver will be a character as he drops you off at the park later that day.

Incomudro

Someone else already mentioned this, but a themed bus is very doable. Have themed entrances that hide the bus. Hide the driver. Interior loosely themed as a transport. Use Potter-like screenz and sound effects in the bus.
They'd have to bury that bus in some pretty heavy theming.
It's hard to hide the bus that lies beneath.
I suppose if they themed a bus as a banged up and weathered conveyance as Star Wars depicts some of its modes of transportation it might work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom