News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

Astro Blaster

I think some people are getting just a tad carried away here ;)

I see it as an immersive experience, where you find a costume, or more aptly a gown, to wear over your clothes. You can then take part in several different events, such as a galactic battle in the Endor Room, a Jedi Training session in the Han Solo room etc. "Here's the programme of events". And if you wish to have a nap, swim, have a drink in a lounge then guess what - you go ahead and do it!! Shock, gasp! "It will ruin the immersiveness" - for whom? Only for the person involved. Want to go to a park (DW, getting just a wee bit fed up with being shouted at for aiming at the wrong Star cruiser) - fine, go. You will be wasting your money but hey, not their problem.

This is NOT boot camp. 7am, you WILL rise, 8am you WILL have breakfast, 10pm you WILL retire to bed

It will likely be a 2 night stay, check in noon on Sat, check out noon Mon, next batch check in Tues to Thurs.

What do you think they will do if a 5 year old starts whining he wants to ride Dumbo? "Sorry, you can't leave the hotel before Tuesday". It's a bit of FUN people. Yes, FUN with a capital F and a massive credit card bill, Fun for nerds who treat it like comic con, but they're not going to keep you locked up.

I will no doubt try it. DH and both DSs will want to go, and I'll go too. Should be cool, but no way am I playing Star Wars for 72 hours.
Yes, I would assume they would have options throughout the day, should you choose to partake in them. If you want to go on Star Wars style quests for the entire day in the hotel, you can do that. If you want to spend the morning in the MK and do an "experience" at the hotel in the afternoon, I would think that you would be able to do that as well.

One rumor that I hope ends up being true is that SW hotel guests would get special access to SW land after it is closed to regular park guests.

21stamps

And this could fall in line with offering other themed immersive experiences - like the princess one mentioned (can you imagine the demand for a castle hotel complete with carriages and BBB or pirate makeover included? That may actually outdo the star wars one:joyfull:)

But doubt disney cares if priced for 4 but only 2 or 3 want to do the experience ...

I don't think they'd care either honestly.lol

I originally thought this would be priced based on traditional double occupancy.. cruise/all inclusive... Or, it will be one room fee and then an upgrade to "packages".

But I don't think it will be a standard hotel "$650 covers all" price.

An all inclusive princess resort would surpass SW excitement for sure..we'll probably see it someday.

po1998

I would have preferred a regular Star Wars moderate/deluxe resort. This $$$$ role playing resort doesn't appeal to me at all. I will be interested when more details are released. Paying thousands of dollars to stay in an immersive environment with a bunch of SW nerds...not in a million years...LOL.

To each their own...i guess.

Maeryk

I've already started setting aside money to stay here. lol!

Us too. Called our "travel agent" yesterday and asked her to book for us. LOL.

I'm hearing it's gonna be pricey.. like.. above club level at a deluxe pricey. Which is fine with me, for a couple days. Book 2 days there and then move to a cheap club level room at Poly for the rest of the stay. (much tongue in cheek there).

Maeryk

Disagree. I'm deep in the Star Wars nerd bubble and most of the people with the money for something like this are married with children of their own.

Yeah.. I like star wars.. but my wife is the star wars nerd in our house. And our kids are sorta "eh" about it. We'll see if that changes as the new movies come out.. they may make it a foundational part of their childhood, just as we did.

Maeryk

I doubt there will be the option as they are selling this as an experience, they wouldnt have people dressed up then someone wandering around in shorts and a tshirt, that will be an immersion killer. The Land you have an option on how immersed you want to be the, hotel you pay for the experience.

Someone is finally building DreamPark/WestWorld. And I'm glad it's Disney. I don't trust Universal. ;)

djkidkaz

What is the current rumor for a timeframe on this being built? Do we think it will even have broke ground a year from now? Will it show up in time for the 50th?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
This hotel could become popular for corporate team building exercises.

Disney must have itineraries and activities for different groups of people: single guests, couples, couples with children, family reunions, business teams, ...

Maeryk

Wut?

Disney is going to be plenty busy with it's fully loaded consumer activities. It doesn't need to break off to 'team building' And team building doesn't book a year out.... nor do they like to 'buddy up' in their room bookings. This is like oil and water...

Agreed. I don't think MegaCo is going to drop the kind of dime these rooms are going to command just to have their annual convention retreat there. They'll be over at the Swolphin or Y&B making the lobby loud until 2am.

Tavernacle12

What is the current rumor for a timeframe on this being built? Do we think it will even have broke ground a year from now? Will it show up in time for the 50th?

I haven't heard rumours but assume it will open a year or two after the land itself does. They haven't even broken ground for it yet, and there's no way it opens prior to the land itself opening.

I'm curious what sort of activities are going to be there. I'd hope there's pazaak, a cantina, holochess, and more 'go at your own pace' activities instead of it all being interaction with cast members.

thepirateking

Yes, I would assume they would have options throughout the day, should you choose to partake in them. If you want to go on Star Wars style quests for the entire day in the hotel, you can do that. If you want to spend the morning in the MK and do an "experience" at the hotel in the afternoon, I would think that you would be able to do that as well.

One rumor that I hope ends up being true is that SW hotel guests would get special access to SW land after it is closed to regular park guests.

My kid suggested they should transport guests from the hotel to SW: Galaxy's Edge using a themed human-carrying drone. Imagine what a sight it would be watching an imperial shuttle or some other transport actually land on a pad in SW land itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom