News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

donaldtoo

Y'know...for the longest time, Disney did not like to even admit that people die in the parks. If paramedics were rushing a body out of Walt Disney World, the company asked them to continue CPR on the body and only log the official time of death only "after" they left Disney property. This is how the company thinks and it's how they believe in themselves.
That’s it, I’m getting a DNR/DNR order - do not resuscitate/do not remove…until all dead. Chances are it won’t happen in a Disney Park, but it’s worth a shot to possibly become the first person to ever “die” in one…!!!!! :hilarious:

5EF0B09F-85F3-44D2-AE67-4680A507AF27.gif

Last edited:

TP2000

I am glad they tried it. I just wish they’d be more real about why it wasn’t a success.

At my most gracious, I could say that Josh D'Amaro was trying to publicly defend his team that had a failed product.

But his phrasing wasn't good. He blamed the customers for being too dumb to get it, even though 2020's customers had easy and unprecedented access to information about this expensive product; splashy corporate websites, long YouTube videos from Disney and other customers, pro and amateur podcasts, Tripadvisor reviews, blogs, etc., etc.

It's not 1985 and the only way to advertise the Galactic Starcruiser was via 30 second TV ads and a brochure rack at your local travel agency.

Dear Mr. D'Amaro: Your savvy and upscale customers had easy and instant access to thousands of pieces of information about the Galactic Starcruiser. They aren't dumb people. They made their decisions on this product on purpose.

Epcot81Fan

At my most gracious, I could say that Josh D'Amaro was trying to publicly defend his team that had a failed product.

But his phrasing wasn't good. He blamed the customers for being too dumb to get it, even though 2020's customers had easy and unprecedented access to information about this expensive product; splashy corporate websites, long YouTube videos from Disney and other customers, pro and amateur podcasts, Tripadvisor reviews, blogs, etc., etc.

It's not 1985 and the only way to advertise the Galactic Starcruiser was via 30 second TV ads and a brochure rack at your local travel agency.

Dear Mr. D'Amaro: Your savvy and upscale customers had easy and instant access to thousands of pieces of information about the Galactic Starcruiser. They aren't dumb people. They made their decisions on this product on purpose.
Exactly.

When hour-long YouTube videos are uploaded the day of the first "cruise", there is no mystery to what the "intergalactic" line dancing, Playskool lightsabers, and "spacey" cafeteria experiences are offering.

He WISHES it was 1985 and they could get a couple good years out of it before everybody caught on to what it actually was - this concept suffered from too much customer knowledge.

Rich Brownn

You will rarely see Disney ever admit they were wrong or made a mistake....it's just not in their corporate culture.

Y'know...for the longest time, Disney did not like to even admit that people die in the parks. If paramedics were rushing a body out of Walt Disney World, the company asked them to continue CPR on the body and only log the official time of death only "after" they left Disney property. This is how the company thinks and it's how they believe in themselves.

I strongly believe this strange Disney cult mentality is just as deep in executive management now as it is in the lowly fans.

Disney is hubris and arrogant to absolute extreme levels.

Disney does not fail....it's we, the fans that do.

This is the upper company's creative culture today.... It's FINALLY time for the company to learn how to get HUMBLE now.

Phil12

Josh was right in blaming the guest. The plain fact of the matter is that most of the Disney attractions are very mediocre and poor entertainment. IASW, CBJ, Tiki Room, all the many spinners, JC, Tea Cups, Tomorrowland Speedway to name but a few, pack in the guests with very long wait times.

Disney has no reason to provide quality attractions when the existing poor attractions make a huge profit and guests are willing to pay more and more every year for the same low quality junk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom