Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

TP2000

Wonder what Disneyland is going to do with Star Tours now that Star Wars land is going to be added?

This opens in Hong Kong Disneyland's Tomorrowland next year, using the Star Tours simulator ride system. It would fit nicely in Anaheim's Star Tours building too.
Marvel-Iron-Man-Experience-Disney-Hong-Kong.png

orlando678-

I have mixed feelings. I want them to do it, but I don't exactly know how I feel about putting it in Walt's original Magic Kingdom. A specifically Star Wars focused land just doesn't jive with the rest of the park, the classic lands, the broader themes. Someone else could explain it better than I.
I understand, but they kinda ruined this with toontown, although that one feels way better than Star Wars Land, especially its location feels awkward. Fantasyland is the parks most famous area, most of the times and now with Star Wars, the North will become extremely crowded. Besides Fantasyland and Star Wars dont seem to mix. If it were behind Tomorrowland I would have been happier, or even better a third gate, but thats not happening until 2030 or so.

PrincessJenn5795

I have mixed feelings. I want them to do it, but I don't exactly know how I feel about putting it in Walt's original Magic Kingdom. A specifically Star Wars focused land just doesn't jive with the rest of the park, the classic lands, the broader themes. Someone else could explain it better than I.
It could work over at DCA though. Have they said it will definitely be in Disneyland?

PrincessJenn5795

Unless you want to go with that crazy Simba idea from "He who must not be named".

Not so much :) I guess they don't have a lot of options, although I think they did recently bought a lot of land, so maybe they will move some of the back-stage stuff to the new land and use current backstage area for the new Star Wars area. I guess I am hoping they figure out a way to not have it in Disneyland itself, since I do agree with whoever it was above who said it doesn't really fit there.

TP2000

Have they said it will definitely be in Disneyland?

Yes, it was repeatedly referred to by Bob Iger and Bob Chapek as an expansion of "Disneyland park". The OC Register is reporting this afternoon that it includes the existing Big Thunder Ranch area and "adjacent areas".

PrincessJenn5795

Yes, it was repeatedly referred to by Bob Iger and Bob Chapek as an expansion of "Disneyland park". The OC Register is reporting this afternoon that it includes the existing Big Thunder Ranch area and "adjacent areas".

Ah well. I am sure it will still be awesome, even if it doesn't quite fit. The BTR area makes sense, since nothing much goes on there except at Christmas time.

TP2000

Ah well. I am sure it will still be awesome, even if it doesn't quite fit. The BTR area makes sense, since nothing much goes on there except at Christmas time.

I'm sure it will "fit" just fine. It will be no more unusual than having flaming tiki torches and elephant tusk thatched roofs located 20 feet away from an 1850's Oregon Trail log fort. Or having a Bavarian pink castle at the end of a 1905 Missouri small town. Or having a snow capped Swiss mountain looming directly over a tropical lagoon with mermaids and atomic submarines in it. :)

Star Wars Land will fit in Disneyland. And it will be wildly popular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom