Star Wars "Story Group" to define/maintain canon

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Original Poster
I was wondering how they were going to sort all this out. I can't wait to see the nerd rage that will ensue when novel X or video game Y is no longer cannon.
I dont know why the Phineas and Ferb episode "Nerds of a Feather" comes to mind, as it's not quite 100% accurate (as that one was sci-fi vs. fantasy), but I can see a similar war brewing with Canon vs. EU.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I dont know why the Phineas and Ferb episode "Nerds of a Feather" comes to mind, as it's not quite 100% accurate (as that one was sci-fi vs. fantasy), but I can see a similar war brewing with Canon vs. EU.
No doubt. There are quite a few games and novels who's effect don't go past the the actual game or novel, but there are quite a few that could have serious far reaching implications. I am a little nervous that my beloved Heir to the Empire trilogy will drop from cannon.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Original Poster
No doubt. There are quite a few games and novels who's effect don't go past the the actual game or novel, but there are quite a few that could have serious far reaching implications. I am a little nervous that my beloved Heir to the Empire trilogy will drop from cannon.
I think that one is everyone's big fear. Every article I read has some sort of mention to Thrawn. In the little EU that I've read, that is my favorite as well.

Matt_Black

As long as they drop that guy who's got lightsabers installed in his elbows and knees and shoulders and stuff. Good lord, did Rob Liefeld write Star Wars books under a pen name?!?

Voxel

President of Progress City
I have a felling that we will see the Force Unleashed series kicked out of Cannon. Old Republic will probably stay. The only thing I could really see other then that is the Vong invasion story arc being kicked out due to a death.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a felling that we will see the Force Unleashed series kicked out of Cannon. Old Republic will probably stay. The only thing I could really see other then that is the Vong invasion story arc being kicked out due to a death.
I agree. The force Unleashed is during a time frame that seems ripe for the picking in terms of TV, movies and the like. Being able to approach it with a clean a slate as possible would be an attractive proposition.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thats different story though. I love how you can turn Luke to the dark side in Force Unleashed 1.
Quite true, but that did not stop the general public from losing their freaking minds when they did it. I don't remember Dark Horse really getting any flack for their series of alternate reality story lines.

Voxel

Quite true, but that did not stop the general public from losing their freaking minds when they did it. I don't remember Dark Horse really getting any flack for their series of alternate reality story lines.
I think that is because Dark Horse for the most part is very well admired. And I am seeing less flack then I thought I would for this announcement of kicking things out of Cannon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think that is because Dark Horse for the most part is very well admired. And I am seeing less flack then I thought I would for this announcement of kicking things out of Cannon.
Same here. I was expecting more of a push back. Of course they have yet to cut anything. Once bodies start to fall I think the you know what is going to hit the fan.

Voxel

Same here. I was expecting more of a push back. Of course they have yet to cut anything. Once bodies start to fall I think the you know what is going to hit the fan.
Very true. Though as long as they do nothing to the Kotor line I think its gonna be quiet calm.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I agree. The force Unleashed is during a time frame that seems ripe for the picking in terms of TV, movies and the like. Being able to approach it with a clean a slate as possible would be an attractive proposition.

This is the time where Rebels is going to be set.

I have a feeling that will be safe, but I am really worried for the Heir to the Empire trilogy.

It's been a while since I read the trilogy, but if the new movies take place 20/30 years after Jedi, I can't think of anything that happens in Heir that would impact that timeline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom