Star Wars: Skeleton Crew (2023 Disney+ Series)

NateD1226

Original Poster
Before I post the article, let it be known that this information is not coming from the trades. However, DiscussingFilm, The Illuminerdi, Murphy's Multiverse, and some of the other outlets mentioned are reputable and have reported many pieces of news before. However, just keep expectations low just in case this turns out to be false.

"We have learned that Jon Watts is in talks to direct at least one episode of an upcoming mysteriously unannounced Star Wars series for Disney+, with plans to begin filming sooner than you might think.

The currently unannounced series is going under the working title of Grammar Rodeo with production slated to begin this Summer in Los Angeles. While we haven’t been able to gather any concrete information on who will be writing this new project, we’ve heard from a handful of sources that Jon Favreau will be executive producing. Favreau, of course, is an executive producer and writer on The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, and will soon be additionally credited as an executive producer on Ahsoka, which is at the moment in pre-production for a filming start within the next couple of months.

Sources tell us that talks with Jon Watts on directing at least one episode of this classified Star Wars series are dependent on his busy schedule.

Even though plot details are very scarce, The Illuminerdi recently uncovered casting breakdowns for this mysterious Star Wars series that lists young lead roles between the ages of 11 to 12, as well as an older 30 to 40-year-old man. Murphy’s Multiverse backs this report, saying their research found that Lucasfilm is looking to cast someone between the age of 10 to 12 for this new show. They also add that shooting will wrap in December, and Bespin Bulletin reports that the project will begin filming in the Summer at Manhattan Beach Studios, which backs what we heard about Lucasfilm already preparing crew hopefully for an early Summer production start.

Ss for when this could be set within the Star Wars timeline, Cinelinx reports that Grammar Rodeo is the working title for a show set during The High Republic era that has been described as “Stranger Things in Space.” Assuming that all of this information is correct, we would predict that the story could be following young Jedi padawans and a Jedi master during this unique period in the Star Wars universe. "

Last edited:

Jedijax719

Seems to be the pattern. Whenever someone has a massive hit, they are suddenly rumored to be to doing a SW movie or show.

sedati

Seems to be the pattern. Whenever someone has a massive hit, they are suddenly rumored to be to doing a SW movie or show.
Studios often find more work for those who do good work for them. Also makes it easier to schedule multiple projects. He's doing Fantastic 4 and Snow White, so this may just be keeping him busy between duties along with seeing how well he fits with Star Wars. Could also be used to familiarize him with the volume if they're using that as both Peyton and Taika came in and then used it on their following Marvel sequels. Synergy.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Filming has wrapped for the Disney+ series Star Wars: Skeleton Crew which stars Jude Law. Stunt coordinator George Cottle shared a video on Instagram celebrating the moment.

“That’s a Wrap on Skeleton Crew!! Once again I was lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the most amazing stunt performers I have ever worked with!! I fell so lucky to work with you all! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! So so excited for this one!” Cottle captioned the video.

Stunt actor Juliana Potter also shared on her Instagram Stories a message after wrapping saying, “Going to miss my Star Wars: Skeleton Crew stunt family. So grateful. Can’t wait for the world to see what’s in store.”

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is set to premiere later this year on the streaming platform."

Jedijax719

"Filming has wrapped for the Disney+ series Star Wars: Skeleton Crew which stars Jude Law. Stunt coordinator George Cottle shared a video on Instagram celebrating the moment.

“That’s a Wrap on Skeleton Crew!! Once again I was lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the most amazing stunt performers I have ever worked with!! I fell so lucky to work with you all! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication! So so excited for this one!” Cottle captioned the video.

Stunt actor Juliana Potter also shared on her Instagram Stories a message after wrapping saying, “Going to miss my Star Wars: Skeleton Crew stunt family. So grateful. Can’t wait for the world to see what’s in store.”

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is set to premiere later this year on the streaming platform."

Cool! So this show (whatever it is about) should perhaps be out by the end of the year!?!

There's been absolutely no casting announcements for this show other than Law.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
“Newly minted Oscar winners Daniels have set a course for the Star Wars galaxy. The filmmakers behind Everything Everywhere All at Once are working on the Disney+ series Skeleton Crew, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The series began filming over the summer and wrapped in recent months, but as with all things Star Wars, the series has been shrouded in secrecy, with the directors unknown. The complete list of helmers of The Mandalorian season three, for example, was not revealed until a trailer drop two months ahead of the premiere

It is not known if Daniels are directing just one episode, or multiple, of Skeleton Crew. Lucasfilm could not be reached for comment on the story, which the site One Take News first reported.”

Full article below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom