Star Wars: Rogue Resistance

Chad

Original Poster
Ok, I know i've been quiet on this board for awhile, But Thats cause SOJI's been keeping me tied up. But...I have some free time, so here's an Idea I've been working on...

First off: MGM made a good choice by putting a Star Wars Attraction in, this movie has a HUGE fan-following, but the ride..is a bit wimpy..If you consider the huge Star Wars universe, you'd think they could make soemthing a bit...better..So, I have thought of something that really pushes the envelope in theme park attractions..I'd imagine it would also end up being the LONGEST ride, due to the fact that, right now, I clock it to being around 30 minutes long..But let me explain..It has 3 parts to it, its not just one LONG ride..

So...

We start out with the Motion Simulators..
This part of the ride will remain pretty much, untouched..With a new movie that is a bit better graphics wise, it will still have the same general Idea..Only you'll be sent out with another Ship. Two seperate tour ships, one following the other..they both follow each other into lightspeed, and both follow each other as they pass endor..and follow each other as they end up in the middle of the war.

But, at the end, after the death star is destroyed, a last tie fighter goes on a suicide mission, runs by, and shoots both of the tour vessels..Both are damaged, and start plummeting, until a Rebel starship catches them in their tractor beam..

You're informed that you are aboard the Rogue Squadron's Lead ship, and that, due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, you are now enlisted to help in an attack against the empire.

This is where the Simulated ride ends. When you exit the 'cab' the next room would be themed to the interior of a starship hangar. You would be met by 2 Cast Members, dressed in bright orange rebel fatigues. They would be accompained by two remote controlled robots..R2-D2, and your pilot bot, both have left the confines of the ship. The cast members would lead you down a hall way as the explain the situation, apparently, The empire is attacking Naboo (sp?) with a robotic army, and we need to take out some shield generators (don't we ALWAYS..) but the ships we need are in a hangar on the other side the jungle..Youll need to go by foot to the other side. You can also chose to go by air (which is where the easily scared would go, so they can still experience the rest of the ride) Those who decide to 'hoof it' will be lead to a wall. The cast member would push a button, and a hatch would open, revealing a bunch of 'belts' which would fit diagonally down your chest, and have a large 'button' on the front..It would be explained that these are shield generators that should protect you from enemy fire. Then you are handed a blaster, which connects to your belt..

You are split up into 4 teams, and lead to a wall with doors lining it. The floor would rumble and shake as the ship 'lands' and soon, the doors would open..

'Go! Go! Go!"

each team would have a specific path they'd follow, so it's not just a free for all, the path would twist and wind, but it would never cross another path, so noone gets lost. All you have to do is follow the path. PLus, decorations on the side would ensure that its immposible to leave the path. Along the way, Things would pop up, Storm Troopers, Driods, Etc..it would be your job to shoot them, if you don't shoot them in time, then your 'badge' would vibrate to indicate you've been hit. Eventually, you would reach the bunker, and enter inside, shooting a few more droids and such. Then, you'd find your ships (and the rest of the group that chose to 'fly' in) You'd board the vehicles, and be told to insert your 'guns' into the slot in front of you, this would activate the canon..The ride from here on wouild resemble spiderman..your vehickles are really just specialized, and very fast tanks, that you would take through the Imperial station, blowing up targets..etc..Unlike spiderman, this would use limited screens, relying mainly on AA to make it more realistic..

Near the end, however, you'd finally be ready to blow up the generator (which is spinning very fast, and sending out these big energy waves...) but a droid type thing would interupt..It would catch you in it's tractor beam, and lift you, teasingly putting you up against the generator, as you get closer your ship would vibrate wildly, and get hotter..Right before he's ready to throw you in...You see you star speeder fly straight through the wall, ramming the Robot, and incidentally causing you to drop to the floor with a thud. R2 would beep, and your pilot would pop out

"Not a bad flight, huh?"

Then your car would turn, and enter the unload station.You'd given your score and...Ta-da! A world class, one of the kind, attraction.

WeirdOne

very Very VERY interesting idea. I like it. Although, I feel that the shooting thing on the trail seems a bit confusing. Would you mind going a little bit more indepth for me, when you have time ;).

I also don't understand the idea at the end. With the generator. That is also confusing. I am so blonde :p. LOL! Please explain that a bit. Thanks.

Um, where would this go. Do you have an estimated budget? Would spiderman wanna-be thingies really work? Can Disney produce a similar yet different idea? Well, otherwise. I LOVE THIS IDEA.

This kinda resembles my idea for Jinx of the Sphinx, in there....whoops, don't want to give away anything. LOL!

- The WeirdOne :fork:

Chad

Original Poster
Well, sure :)
The path is basically like buzz, only you're not in cars, you're walking, and thing shoot back.
Have you ever played laser tag? It's the general Idea..
But instead of roaming free through a big maze, you'll be on a fixed path, because the next group will need to use the area, and they need to get you out before they arrive. Each of the paths will have a cast member that will lead you..and make sure noone gets lost..
Basically, it would be themed like a jungle, huge trees, fog, low lighting, etc..below you would be a cleared path, however. You would follow the path as it winds through the jungle..as you follow, things would pop out of the jungle, LIke a land speeder might e,erge from the shrubs and start firign at you, yoo would shoot back till it 'fake' explodes, then move on. Each path would have a 'team work' section, where a AT-AT (the big, 4-legged tank things) would gome huling out of the trees, and you're tema leader would make the whole team take cover under a log, while you shoot at it. Making it seem REALLy realistic, including air canons under the ground that would make it seem like lasers are really shooting all aorund you. All 4 paths would lead to the same place, though, the bunker, which is actually just a loading area for the spidey vehicles. I should call them EMV's because thats all they are, only they look like 'tanks' each would seat 5 people, and off you'd go..TYou would be wearing 3-d glasses, however, even though MOST of it is live action AA's. the trip would first take you through some more forest, till you reach the shield generator bunker..You'd blast through the door and enter, guns blazing..

Shooting...shooting..

Until you reach the genrator room, you'd bust down the doors and enter..from this point on, everything would be a screen..The remainder of the ride is a 'movie'
The generator itself is a BIG circle, in the middle of the circle is a bunch of levitating disks that resemble razor blades, spinning at an extremely high speed, and sending off these high powered energy waves...You'd see electricity and such shooting off of it, sprta liek a big tesla coil, as well as see it glowing and such. The robot would crash through right when you set the bomb, and turn his tractor beam on, and start pulling your car towards the 'razors' your car would be struck by the electrisity and such. Right before he pushes you into them, your pilot and R2 ram him, and you drop...

"Some trip, huh?"

then you'd hear a BEEP! as the bomb goes off, coupled with a big explosion, with real fire and such. The generator is down, the star tours ship is charred, but everyone is fine..and you exit.

I hope that clarified it a bit

foxfire

The idea is a great one, that's for sure. I'd say if the budget cuts weren't so bad then it might actually happen one day. If it does, I'll wait in line for it.

this sounds like something i would love the star tours ride i love so theres 1/3 the ride right there i love buzz and shooting at stuff with lazers theres another 1/3 and spiderman is my favorite ride in the world so basicly the whole ride is made up of elements from rides i love!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

dizpins14

It's a great attraction!!! the only thing is that wait times are going to be a problem because some people don't walk/run as fast as others, maybe your path should be after the two rides or the first thing because I forsee problems with lines being inbetween.

Chad

Original Poster
I've thought of this :)
The walking area will have 'checkpoint' type places, along with certain actions that correspond with them, It's kind of hard to explain...But lets say there is a group, who was moving kind of slow..When they reach point 'A' a sensor would determine how late they are. Down the path, there would be an 'Action' like the battle with the AT-AT that I mentioned (there will be other, different ones as well) These Actions would be omitted if there isn't enough time, or these actions would be lengthened if everyone is moving TOO fast, but the ride is going to be designed around the participants walking, and therefore, the CM's wil try to keep everyone's speed pretty constant..

dizpins14

If Disney ever built a great attraction like this I would..........well I don't know what I would do but I would be shocked beyond words.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom