Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Purduevian

It's the popularity of the ride that makes it so hard to ride. The whole 'experience' is what people love in my opinion. This includes the 'trip' into space and being caught and placed in a cell. To tell a story in this unique manner, it would be hard to make it a people eater.

Not hard, just more expensive.

Simply adding a 3rd row to each transport would have added 30% capacity, but at a large cost increase including:
-More expensive ride vehicles
-Potentially more ride vehicles as they might need more charging time
-Increase size and power on all enclosed spaces the vehicles go into (AT-AT elevator, fake elevator, drop shaft)
-Potentially the need to lengthen the bridge scene so the back row could see the AAs
-Larger shuttle
-Larger interrogation rooms
-More I'm sure

Just like the ride could have been cheaper with smaller transport vehicles at the cost of Capacity. Disney picked this capacity at this Budget, complexity has little to do with it, cost does.

ilovetotravel1977

I have allocated two days at HS just to be able to ride this. I technically have four chances with two daily timeslots.
Any tips on when to log into MDE? Right at 7am or 1pm, Two minutes before and keep refreshing, etc?

pdude81

I have allocated two days at HS just to be able to ride this. I technically have four chances with two daily timeslots.
Any tips on when to log into MDE? Right at 7am or 1pm, Two minutes before and keep refreshing, etc?
I'd want to be logged into mde a few minutes before. At that point you can choose between the timed "Join" button and the refresh method

ilovetotravel1977

I have never done the BG before.

Assume I get "in", do I then have time to select the four in my party? should I remove other people in my party from a previous trip (who are not coming) so I can just hit "select all"?

pdude81

Assume I get "in", do I then have time to select the four in my party? should I remove other people in my party from a previous trip (who are not coming) so I can just hit "select all"?
When you go in, anybody in your friends and family with a DHS reservation that day should be auto selected. You just click to move on.

Fantasmik

Join the BG immediately! You have a matter of seconds, so don't think about anything but pushing that button. You are assigned a BG number; can't select. All party members associated with your account are automatically added, so no need to find a "select all" button.
Edit: what pdude81 said!

pdude81

Here is a TP article. Basically many push the "Join" button just before 7 and like that way best. Others click join earlier and then refresh right around 7 until the next option shows up.

Hey there everyone, We have 3 families going for a total of 11 people. I have access to everyone’s plans. Is it best to try for all of us at same time or let each family do their own? Wasn’t sure if there was a limit on numbers per group or not. Thank you so much.

SWGalaxys_Edge

When your Probe Droid takes a vacation right in the middle of busy season. Hard to get good help to keep the Resistance scum in line.

118828661_861051807634881_6547599710991959070_n.jpg

disneygeek90

Did you use wifi or data? Did you log into MDE and hit "join" before 7am and the refresh repeatedly? Tell us your secrets! lol
Lots of talk on the boarding group thread. I have a 100% success rate doing the below, with 35+ rides post covid.

This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom where the button will be.

ilovetotravel1977

@disneygeek90 thanks for the tips. When my family list pops up, is there a "select all" button or do I need to click on each one?

I have two HS park days earmarked, so that is technically four chances to ride this.

Also, resort wifi or cellular data?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom