Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Dapale

An interesting video on Rise showing off:
- Bridge scene failing to start
- Single vehicle operations
- Delayed elevator lift start (distance between next vehicle was somehow closer than intended, vehicle sits on elevator lift for an extra second or two)
- Poe's voice (from vehicle speakers) fails to start in the escape pod

gerarar

Premium Member
We finally have a video of a live ITS (the transport ship preshow) breakdown....everything just goes dark!! In this case, the ship happened to break down in the midsts of rotating, so when being evacuated they had to be rescued backstage.
D3934DD6-664D-418E-8D38-920FF0B812C1.png

The Resistance CMs lead them back outside right before where they originally boarded the ITS and lead them to a small corridor on the left. It’s interesting how it’s illuminated green.
479C72E9-97D8-4F24-BE42-23BF988A85CA.png
B5FBF1A7-3647-49F8-A7F7-EC560F8327E4.png

This of course leads you to the hanger room and you get “dumped” right back into the experience with the First Order officers scolding you, and thus your journey resumes.
565A864B-8C96-4077-BADF-F4211CF6373C.png

If you’re interested in how everything plays out like how the ITS goes dark all of a sudden, here’s the source video. Start around 22:30 and enjoy a “rare” captured moment!

Jones14

Do ya'll think 2-3 years down the road RoTR will be more stable with less broken effects or will it be worse than it is now?
I think it will get better. Nearly every new E-Ticket of the last five years from Disney and Universal has faced significant issues during the first few years of operation. The tradeoff of pushing the limits of technology is that sometimes it pushes back.

Rich Brownn

I think it will get better. Nearly every new E-Ticket of the last five years from Disney and Universal has faced significant issues during the first few years of operation. The tradeoff of pushing the limits of technology is that sometimes it pushes back.
Yup. JAWS was such a mess that they had to tear it out and rebuild it. Even recent ones like KONG and HAGRIDS had very noticable issues when first opened. (Alas, F&F did not get delayed...lol)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Do ya'll think 2-3 years down the road RoTR will be more stable with less broken effects or will it be worse than it is now?

My personal fear is this - B-mode Yeti is good enough, so B-mode Rise will be good enough... eventually, and since I didn't get to ride in March, I may never see this fully armed and operational battle sta... I mean, fully functioning attraction. ;)

techgeek

It will be interesting to see if there are any significant compromises to the experience to reach that state. At the moment, when it's running on all cylinders it seems to be that all the opening day effects are still functioning as intended. Most E-tickets wind up dropping something here or there that just wasn't ready for daily operation.

Movielover

Yes, sadly, that is true. Insultingly bad. There is a point when something is over eingener Ed for just the sake of tech. Clearly, all the tech in that choice provides no worthwhile experience.
The only 2 good things about that entire "attraction" are the que and the tunnel effect at the start of the ride. The rest is just so bad, and I love Kong over in Islands of Adventures. Such a poor choice of ride system for a Fast and the Furious attraction.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Watched it tonight Martin! It was great as always, much kudos to you!
I'll piggy back on this sentiment, great work as always. I really enjoy the background and detail given on areas of the park this was proposed before landing on where it ended up, thanks again for the great work @marni1971 👍

It was so interesting, my wife actually watched the whole thing with me this time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom