Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

999th Happy Haunt

How it works - Rise of the Resistance, Kylo Ren charging. . Thanks to a recent photo post by Rusty Harrell we can see how the scene works, where Kylo is charging your vehicle.

(1) - The lightsaber blade
(2) - The lightsaber hilt
(3) - The Kylo figure projected on a body shaped screen
(4) - The lights that obscure your vision so you don't see the secret.

View attachment 511054
Awesome effect. Remember my heart actually beating faster as he got closer on my first ride.

gerarar

Premium Member
How it works - Rise of the Resistance, Kylo Ren charging. . Thanks to a recent photo post by Rusty Harrell we can see how the scene works, where Kylo is charging your vehicle.

(1) - The lightsaber blade
(2) - The lightsaber hilt
(3) - The Kylo figure projected on a body shaped screen
(4) - The lights that obscure your vision so you don't see the secret.

View attachment 511054
I’ve always wondered if that red glow on Kylo is animated or the actual reflection. It’s probably the latter because I think there have been videos where the lightsaber fails to light up and Kylo doesn’t glow red.

Regardless, amazing effect and genius of them to use an actual saber prop as opposed to “screening” the entire figure.

SWGalaxys_Edge

I’ve always wondered if that red glow on Kylo is animated or the actual reflection. It’s probably the latter because I think there have been videos where the lightsaber fails to light up and Kylo doesn’t glow red.

Regardless, amazing effect and genius of them to use an actual saber prop as opposed to “screening” the entire figure.
Closer view of the mechanics of the effect.

1604754290349.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Anyone know why there are social distancing markers/circles to the left of the hanger? No guests can go in that area, so it’s interesting why they’re there in the first place.
948B1174-CFA0-4565-80C2-5CD8C47713AF.jpeg

Also, the storm trooper here in the middle is a live one! They suddenly jump and shout at you if you happen to look their way.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone know why there are social distancing markers/circles to the left of the hanger? No guests can go in that area, so it’s interesting why they’re there in the first place.
View attachment 512158
Also, the storm trooper here in the middle is a live one! They suddenly jump and shout at you if you happen to look their way.

If they need to bring people in the back way because the transport isn't working, guest walk through that spot. And if the hangar fills up because there's an issue later in the queue, they'll need the spot to spread people out.

Lorne82

If they cared about guest experience, they could increase capacity on a 9 hour day by over 20% just by adding a couple hours. They could extend boarding groups a couple hours past park close and close everything else. That costs money though and money trumps guest experience.
It is quite ridiculous that the hours have not yet increased to allow more guests to ride.

Operations could even allow a few more hours at night for guests to return to ride!

SWGalaxys_Edge

It is quite ridiculous that the hours have not yet increased to allow more guests to ride.

Operations could even allow a few more hours at night for guests to return to ride!
Uhh you do understand the CMs are being laid off, therefore fewer of them working the park?
Guests should be happy the land (East) is operating at all.

yensidtlaw1969

View attachment 512158
That's where guests enter from when the I-TS Transport preshow is down - they walk guests through a hallway that leads directly into the hangar from that side.

It's terrible show, but the markers must be there for distancing should guests have to skip the 2nd preshow.

Capsin4

Uhh you do understand the CMs are being laid off, therefore fewer of them working the park?
Guests should be happy the land (East) is operating at all.
No. Disney should be happy that people are still coming at all. Disney isn’t going out of business and this is just the typical guest experience vs cost issue that they’ve been coming out on the wrong side of.

SWGalaxys_Edge

No. Disney should be happy that people are still coming at all. Disney isn’t going out of business and this is just the typical guest experience vs cost issue that they’ve been coming out on the wrong side of.
do YOU understand people wanting to come is not the issue? BTW Disney LOST 2.5 Billion in the last fiscal quarter. Not going out of business, but cutting way back...

Capsin4

do YOU understand people wanting to come is not the issue? BTW Disney LOST 2.5 Billion in the last fiscal quarter. Not going out of business, but cutting way
do YOU understand people wanting to come is not the issue? BTW Disney LOST 2.5 Billion in the last fiscal quarter. Not going out of business, but cutting way back...
How many days have parks not named Hollywood Studios reached their limited capacity? At 25%? 35%? People aren’t coming. Disney is doing nobody favors by being open.

Dan Deesnee

How many days have parks not named Hollywood Studios reached their limited capacity? At 25%? 35%? People aren’t coming. Disney is doing nobody favors by being open.
Been here for 8 days and every park I've been to has been packed. Unless you're down here I'm not sure it's a good look to make comments like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom