Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Movielover

Hard plexiglass dividers now being tested (and used) on ROTR transport vehicles!!
View attachment 505218
View attachment 505219
View attachment 505220

Seems like ops is still figuring out whether to use the plastic flimsy dividers we saw a couple weeks ago or these new hard ones, similar to ones we’ve seen on other rides like Dinosaur.

Pictures come from site that shall not be named. First saw it reported there also with pics.

Those are a lot less visually obtrusive than the flexible ones. Still not ideal but better than the alternative...

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks like Disney has decided to add Plexiglas to all of the RotR ride vehicles.

https:///2020/10/plexiglass-rise-of...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Would this permanently “damage” the vehicles? I would assume these dividers get screwed onto the plastic/metal parts of the seats.

Dapale

Would this permanently “damage” the vehicles? I would assume these dividers get screwed onto the plastic/metal parts of the seats.
I'm assuming that whenever they finally get to be removed, they'll just fill the holes with flat screw studs and paint over them. But yeah, will "permanently damage" them (unless they decided to completely replace that entire section of the hull lol)

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
So it seems like ops isn’t even loading the transports with the dividers with two parties yet. The person in this video was in a party of two, yet no party got seated behind them, behind the plastic divider.

Also something to note, the siren sound effect has been missing since reopening. This usually goes off after the first encounter with the storm troopers. The lights still go off and flash, but nothing is blaring in the background. Hope this gets fixed soon!!

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
There are now multiple ride transports with plexiglass, meaning Disney is actively installing them on all currently.

In a livestream earlier, was able to spot two RVs with plexiglass installed.
75A2777C-651C-4C8E-9548-2AF763938622.png

EFB9A6E6-F74D-4EE0-97E6-F19F32165B76.png

Note: they’re still not loading 2 parties yet, probably waiting until all RVs have the plexiglass installed. It’s probably too much to communicate between load CMs and the First Order CMs to tell if they have any 2 party RVs.

Livestream link:

DCBaker

Premium Member

MM311

Lots of Plexiglas added to the queue and BlogMickey reports it has been added to all vehicles now -

View attachment 508680View attachment 508681

Many more pictures below -

Wonder if they have started loading multiple groups into cars yet? Would think with plexiglass installed they would want to up capacity ASAP!

gerarar

Premium Member
Interesting! On Sunday when I made my previous post here, only a few had plexiglass installed (as per the livestream). Looks like Disney ramped up installation overnight it seems. Also they switched out the numbering stickers on the floor for colors, another interesting switch.

techgeek

Have there been any modifications to the interrogation rooms? Honestly, those seem to the smallest spaces in the attraction. When I rode 2 months ago, there were just 3 of us in a room. I was told to go all the way to the back of the room, and we were all still probably just 6 feet from each other. With new plexi on the ride vehicles, potentially they can fully load the RV which would have to mean a 'fully loaded' interrogation room of 16 people across 4 parties... There's simply no way that works in those rooms, right? Maybe they are bigger then they seem?

Last edited:

JohnD

Have there been any modifications to the interrogation rooms? Honestly, those seem to the smallest spaces in the attraction. When I was rode 2 months ago, there were just 3 of us in a room. I was told to go all the way to the back of the room, and we were all still probably just 6 feet from each other. With new plexi on the ride vehicles, potentially they can fully load the RV which would have to mean a 'fully loaded' interrogation room of 16 people across 4 parties... There's simply no way that works in those rooms, right? Maybe they are bigger then they seem?

I was allowed into an interrogation room with another party (because two parties will each be in an evacuation vehicle). They were told to stand all the way in the back. I was told to stand in the front keeping my distance from them. When we were "rescued", the first party with 5 or more was put in one car. I was put in the other car by myself.

_caleb

I'll be interested to see how the wide implementation of virtual queues and boarding groups works.

I've also seen mention of the installation of temperature check camera arrays. Widespread installation of water bottle filling stations was mentioned. @WDW Pro mentioned something about painting arrows and distancing boxes on the ground to try to route and control traffic. Someone also mentioned plexiglass barriers/windows between retail/foodservice CMs and guests. I haven't seen much about the installation of sanitizing machines for attractions (like a car wash for ride vehicles between unload and load), but that wouldn't surprise me.

EDIT: I've also seen suggestions of MagicBands for all guests (for tap-activated tickets, purchases, and fast passes), food pre-orders via app, and total guest number caps.

I'm just very curious how far Disney may go with these sorts of things.
@Kram Sacul laughed when I posted this in April.

I'm very interested to see what they come up with to limit capacity, crowds, and surface contamination, because I think these will be long-term solutions, not short-term ones. Even if a vaccine for COVID-19 is successful, this whole thing has shown how vulnerably Disney's business model is to an epidemic like this. It's not unlike how global acts of terror demonstrated some of Disney's vulnerabilities. They made some (limited) changes, but basically counted on people forgetting their fears and going to the parks and theaters anyway.

But to make the parks safer against a virus, the basic infrastructure of the parks will need to be redesigned and rebuilt–limited capacities, larger spaces in queue switchbacks (or no queues at all), greater space between ride vehicles, isolating features, new cleaning protocols, etc.

Anyone remember the clear plexiglass "scream shields" on DCA's old Maliboomer ride? Imagine a contraption like that on every ride!
And this one from April.

At this point, barriers like these add-ons for Rise of the Resistance and other rides. But how long until new attractions are designed and built around these kinds of things?

For Rise, do the plexiglass barriers interfere with the experience?

Also, I find it very interesting how Disney will handle making barriers like these invisible (as not to interfere/detract from the ride), but also visible (so people don't smash into them and also so they get the full PR value of installing these things).

428481ef246adceb80488883f9531a31.gif

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Lots of Plexiglas added to the queue and BlogMickey reports it has been added to all vehicles now -

View attachment 508680View attachment 508681

Many more pictures below -

wow. seeing all thise makes me sad. ruins the immersion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom