Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

It's this. This is a company that actively pushes and celebrates people of color playing roles of characters that were originally portrayed as white (I have no issue with this). Finn was "pushed aside" because Riann Johnson wanted to subvert expectations in TLJ so strongly that it compromised the trajectory of the trilogy arc, giving Finn nothing to do in Rise of Skywalker.
It’s also a company that had no qualms pushing him to the side to please China.
bBDztr9DYjhQtUK7YruPqXEnh148-gmJM1is_v6eD90.jpg

They’re right behind the movement until potential monetary gain is involved.

Magic Feather

BACK to the topic...Rise of the Resistance...
Just found out distancing markers are being placed within the (CA) RotR show building. (on the floors)
Sounds like they are getting ready for an opening not too far away...
Markings and plexiglass have slowly been getting installed all across the resort. I remember they ended up finding something, but there were/are a lot of concern about DL’s tighter queues having adequate space (especially Fantasyland)

ioa792

Rode twice today due to an audio issue. Three separate weeks this month that the audio cut out in the AT-AT scene before getting in the elevator. The cannons before the escape pod scene also haven’t moved at all this month.

To top this all off there are a ton of paint notes that need to be accomplished in this attraction and Smugglers Run. There’s a ton of paint pealing off air vent covers and the corners of dry wall and scratches on the Star Destroyer walls that detract from the overall visual experience. I realize the painters might not be working yet, but they need to clean this up somehow. Between Galaxy’s Edge and the paint pealing in the Alien Swirling Saucers cue, I’m beginning to think they got a deal on garbage paint or forgot to use sealer.

ioa792

A lot of times it's the guests that are bored and start peeling away at things. It usually takes months for a work order to get processed and approved to be done. Not a paint issue but I was a supervisor at an attraction and just to have something fixed took a year. Only a week later to be broken again by a guest. I am sure with a small crew they might have will take much longer.
Totally understand the work process and don’t blame the majority of paint issues on Disney. It’s just a bit disappointing. I’ve physically seen parents let their children peel off large sections of paint both at Disney and Universal. (Most notably some kid walked away with basically half the Transformers logo off of a wall) I don’t understand how people can have zero respect for their surroundings.

I long for the the time when, at least in the stories I’ve heard, the paint teams would constantly strip down damaged paint and give things fresh coats on the regular. I struggle to get over my critical eye since I have a theatre design background.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Tbh if a guest breaks it they should be charged for it. New idea for the magic bands if something is broken they will be able to see exactly who was there and charge the MB directly :p

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Disney’s currently adding plastic dividers in the ride transports. This will in turn increase capacity as two parties can now ride together in one transport.
View attachment 500056
View attachment 500057
View attachment 500058

Screenshots grabbed from livestream:

Honestly it does not look like glass on the ride vehicle itself, it looks like you can see a ride vehicle through the glass surrounding the ride dispatcher's area. when the ride vehicle comes around the corner there is no glass on it or any vehicles seen on the ride including the one the rider of the video is on.

gerarar

Premium Member
Honestly it does not look like glass on the ride vehicle itself, it looks like you can see a ride vehicle through the glass surrounding the ride dispatcher's area. when the ride vehicle comes around the corner there is no glass on it or any vehicles seen on the ride including the one the rider of the video is on.
That’s the point. They’re currently in the midsts of installing the dividers. And it’s not a plexiglass divider, more of a flimsy plastic divider.

gerarar

Premium Member
right but not on the cars. Looks like at the unload areas.
Tuned into another livestream from earlier today, and there were no plastic dividers installed at the unload areas where the CMs are standing at their control panels. I think they’re just testing out the plastic dividers on a couple ride transports to see how they fare then probably install them on the rest.
7CC5D2D3-CD17-42EA-93ED-D7E6BC45126A.png

12AFAA31-6B00-4AA5-A597-280FF6365A9B.png

C89EB6AF-0F65-4AAA-A2AE-F94BEB2F6DEE.png

Livestream (around 49 min mark):

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom