Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

skiir97

This might have been asked before but in the D23 ROTR promo video, one of the AT-AT's heads rotated towards the ride vehicle and it looked like the vehicle was heading out of the door that - in the actual ride - is closed just as the vehicle was trying to escape.

Were the heads of the AT-AT's supposed to rotate before budget cuts? And was the ride path changed at some point?

Maybe @marni1971 has some insight?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This might have been asked before but in the D23 ROTR promo video, one of the AT-AT's heads rotated towards the ride vehicle and it looked like the vehicle was heading out of the door that - in the actual ride - is closed just as the vehicle was trying to escape.

Were the heads of the AT-AT's supposed to rotate before budget cuts? And was the ride path changed at some point?

Maybe @marni1971 has some insight?
Artistic license. Someone in advertising got carried away.

Much like the barrier-free Falcon, the dripping lightsaber, the pyro blasts, the laser bolts....

You can watch that video and make a list of what doesn’t happen.

disneygeek90

Much like the barrier-free Falcon, the dripping lightsaber, the pyro blasts, the laser bolts....

Speaking of, Vi is in the projection for the video, which is now what appears to be Rey. I’m curious what happened to Vi in general, did they realize no one was really taking to the character?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Speaking of, Vi is in the projection for the video, which is now what appears to be Rey. I’m curious what happened to Vi in general, did they realize no one was really taking to the character?
I’ve absolutely no idea who Vi is. The number six?

Maybe that helps your answer?

disneygeek90

I’ve absolutely no idea who Vi is. The number six?

Maybe that helps your answer?
Vi Moradi. Who I think I’ve maybe seen in the land once or twice, but definitely not consistently.
1581960952943.jpeg

yensidtlaw1969

Vi Moradi. Who I think I’ve maybe seen in the land once or twice, but definitely not consistently.
View attachment 449646
Most likely they wanted a particular angle shot to "tell the story" of the Hologram addressing the guests directly (like the angle pictured above, which is unlike the Rey footage that largely looks directly at the "camera" to achieve that effect in person) and they weren't about to pay Daisy Ridley just to get a filler shot, so Vi was subbed in.

Disneyson

It was announced that characters would periodically approach people depending on how “first order” and how “sith” they are, and interact accordingly in the cantina and in stores, but that doesn’t seem to be happening either...

NoFunInBand

She's not in any of the movies. She appeared in some of the novels, but I believe WDI created her for Galaxy's Edge (like Lt. Bek, Dok-Ondar, Oga, etc.)
For what it's worth, her first appearance was in the 2017 novel Phasma, entirely a creation of the author Delilah Dawson. She was later tasked with writing the Black Spire novel so she continued the stories of the characters from Phasma in Black Spire, including Vi Moradi.

I don't know what led to Disney designating her as a walk-around character, but she was definitely a Lucasfilm creation and not a Disney Parks one.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

Reminds me of the ads for the Indiana Jones Adventure which show an actual actor in the ride as Indy.

RobWDW1971

The Vi hate is so weird. She’s alright. I like seeing her interact with Chewie.
It's not "Vi hate" as much as "Vi apathy, mocking, and confusion" - with countless compelling known Star Wars characters that could inhabit this world to create one (and not a very compelling one) is just bizarre and another example of a creative miss. This is Star Wars that you paid billions of dollars to get the characters!

Last edited:

Disneyson

It's not "Vi hate" as much as "Vi apathy, mocking, and confusion" - with countless compelling known Star Wars characters that could inhabit this world to create one (and not a very compelling one) is just bizarre and another example of a creative miss. This is Star Wars that you paid billions of dollars to get the characters!

While this is true, I wonder if this gives friends of Tiana some more opportunity and hours. I’m always happy to see more diversity when it comes to face characters.

Josh Hendy

Do the problems come down to only one or two stubborn reliability issues in AAs, vehicle systems or software? Or are they playing whack-a-mole with multiple, interrelated problems.

gerarar

Premium Member
Do the problems come down to only one or two stubborn reliability issues in AAs, vehicle systems or software? Or are they playing whack-a-mole with multiple, interrelated problems.
I doubt a malfunction with an AA would cause the ride to go down/stop. There are multiple videos online that show AAs not working mid-ride. It's most likely something with the elevators as one small misstep, like a timing issue, could cause things to go out of sync, leading to a full stop.

There could be more bts that we don't know of. Maybe the cannons that move in front of the ride multiple times causes a sensor to trigger, who knows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom