Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

I've heard a walk-thru faux veterinary care center is the most likely addition. The big draw would be coming face to face with a massive Toruk animatronic at the end. Other animatronics would be on display as well (under the guise of humans caring for the fauna of Pandora), but the Toruk is where the big money would go.
No way that thing would be true to size.

This is them compared to a Na’vi...
latest

Now a Na’vi compared to us...
avatar_uhura_and_neytiri_height_by_maltian-d7sywbr.jpg

Unless of course you meant a Banshee AA which would be much more believable not to mention practical.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

latest

Unless of course you meant a Banshee AA which would be much more believable not to mention practical.

Maybe it will be a baby one. That's green. And has large elfin ears. And large dark eyes. And swaddled in an oversized coarse robe.

DarkMetroid567

The ride is automatically down two hours of the day more than other attractions for SCHEDULED downtime. How in the world could that not sound right to you?

Because it doesn’t sound right. I left about 2 weeks ago so my info is (I guess) dated, but scheduled downtime doesn’t make a lot of sense.

If you’re talking about the delayed openings; those haven’t occurred until as of late, so that IS past my time. If you’re talking about the 2 hour boarding group closure before park closure, we still boarded guests. I was able to ride the attraction at this point, too. (I’ve ridden Rise as early as 6am and as late as 10:30pm.)

Check my posts and you’ll see how critical I’ve been of this attraction. But as someone who breathed the attraction for 2 months, it just doesn’t sound right, and I’m admittedly less inclined to believe you after being needlessly aggressive about something you could’ve very easily explained instead of just telling everyone they’re wrong.

WDW Pro

Because it doesn’t sound right. I left about 2 weeks ago so my info is (I guess) dated, but scheduled downtime doesn’t make a lot of sense.

If you’re talking about the delayed openings; those haven’t occurred until as of late, so that IS past my time. If you’re talking about the 2 hour boarding group closure before park closure, we still boarded guests. I was able to ride the attraction at this point, too. (I’ve ridden Rise as early as 6am and as late as 10:30pm.)

Check my posts and you’ll see how critical I’ve been of this attraction. But as someone who breathed the attraction for 2 months, it just doesn’t sound right, and I’m admittedly less inclined to believe you after being needlessly aggressive about something you could’ve very easily explained instead of just telling everyone they’re wrong.

Yes, you've boarded guests, but you stopped the queue system 2 hours prior to closing, which is the same as putting the cast member at the end of the line on an attraction at park closing. Other attractions are running their queue to closing, RotR is running the queue until 2 hours prior to closing. I don't see how stating this is aggressive. When you add to this delayed openings in the past, plus significant downtime for in the past weeks, you arrive at around 40% -- as was reported to me. Maybe its 37.5%, maybe its 41.2%... but it's around 40%.

UNCgolf

No.

but the anticipated size of queue Moana would have needed as a gut and replace project ruffled a few feathers due to its size.

Tearing down the margarita stand and using outside space? That was my first thought for what they'd do.

Or just starting it right next to the margarita stand and sliding people back behind it, since I'm sure they don't want to lose the alcohol sales.

WDW Pro

latest

I don't want to speculate too much on something that's still very early and not out of concept, but making the animatronic wouldn't be outside of WDI scope. Because it's a winged creature, you can move the wings through unseen wiring, and even though its huge, you can have it laying down in a nest under "veterinary care" in order to manipulate scope.

WDW Pro

Ha. Big oops. Allow me to correct that.

I was confused too, but I've learned never to question Marni ;)

I haven't heard anything about extending the queue passed the restaurants, but if they did, they could easily route it through a hallway addition attached to the Odyssey side of the building. You'd lose a few parking spaces, but that would be it. All construction would be backstage, and guests would be no the wiser.

justintheharris

Lucasfilm Story Group is responsible for that mess. They've been dismantled.

The ride is automatically down two hours of the day more than other attractions for SCHEDULED downtime. How in the world could that not sound right to you?

Thanks for the diagram. I can give you a basic outline with this. So, the new Coco overlay would have you welcomed to Dia de los Muertos celebration at the loading dock, with a "radio program" quietly playing about De La Cruz playing as you round the volcano. F is the first scene that features Miguel playing in his attic. This is followed by screens of Miguel feuding with is grandmother, and then of him playing De la Cruz' guitar. A fog screen with projected marigold petals flowing downward is used to transport guests into the land of the muertos. H is Miguel meeting Victor, followed by a large budget "Poco Loco" scene. The only thing kept is a repurposed use of divers on a cliff scene, which is largely a gesture to the ride's past. The ride skips then to Miguel meeting De La Cruz and finding out the truth in L. Boats then travel through a door which opens into Coco with Miguel, remembering Victor and singing Recuerdame together. Passing through another door, the rest of the former finale is used for Miguel's family celebrating Dia de los Muertos with all the deceased family gathered together. The boats finish by passing by Dante. As boats prepare to unload, a new radio station show is playing about the music of Victor Rivera with a new rendition of Recuerdame recorded just for the ride.

This is the proposed Epcot version. The CA version has two more scenes proposed, but uses mostly the same animatronics and props.

As good as something can look before it is green lit. It will likely come in after Mary Poppins.

I've heard a walk-thru faux veterinary care center is the most likely addition. The big draw would be coming face to face with a massive Toruk animatronic at the end. Other animatronics would be on display as well (under the guise of humans caring for the fauna of Pandora), but the Toruk is where the big money would go.

If that door doesn't close, it's a big no-no. The fact that it's happening on a regular basis enough to be in multiple videos, shows you just how much they're letting slide to keep the ride going.
I don’t know if I can trust someone who gets one of the main characters names wrong

SoFloMagic

Yes, you've boarded guests, but you stopped the queue system 2 hours prior to closing, which is the same as putting the cast member at the end of the line on an attraction at park closing. Other attractions are running their queue to closing, RotR is running the queue until 2 hours prior to closing. I don't see how stating this is aggressive. When you add to this delayed openings in the past, plus significant downtime for in the past weeks, you arrive at around 40% -- as was reported to me. Maybe its 37.5%, maybe its 41.2%... but it's around 40%.
If those 2 hours are included, that figure makes sense. That means its down 2-3 other hours per day.
I would call that 18% down though, not 40, as the last two hours are not downtime. They simply don't call additional groups. People in groups can still ride, as can fp from previous days and rerides from breakdowns. To say the ride is down is a miscategorization.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom