Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some shops would be consumed by the extended queue. There are no plans for anything other than a new overlay. This would be exactly as Maelstrom was changed to Frozen. That's not to say that it would be cheap, but it isn't going to be something that requires new pathing for boats.

Indeed....

1579652462368.png

999th Happy Haunt

Given all the infrastructure in place to create the illusion that you're boarding the Falcon - not to mention the full-size replica parked out front - I'd have to assume it would simply be the mission that changes rather than the ship. No idea about how that would affect the host.
A mission where the Mandalorian chases us in the Razor Crest, maybe because there's still an old bounty out on Han or one on Hondo, would be really fun.

mickEblu

DLR attendance has been low, and there is an argument that a significant thrill ride (i.e. intense roller coaster) would be a solid solution. That's where the pitch is coming from within the company for a Galaxy's Edge expansion.

Dinoland Coaster is not on the horizon as far as I know. Brazil is gone. Disney would rather work with Chile or some other South American country at this point. Avatar is very unlikely to get another E-Ticket... likely C or lower. Coco may be sooner than you think.

No variant of Tron is on the way. It requires far, far too much land.

Theme parks will continue to be more and more excellent as long as technology and economies grow.
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear about no Tron coming to DL! Tron looks really cool but it would be a real cluster at TL in DL. Have you heard anything on a TL redo at DL? If not Tron I’m hoping for some new take on the people mover or Rocket Rods.

A coaster, some better missions on Falcon and some wandering aliens/droids would do wonders for GE. Any word on how long Star Tours stays around? Even though I like the Mandalorian, I was hoping the new Falcon missions would feel more like the episodic films.

Last edited:

Nland316

No variant of Tron is on the way. It requires far, far too much land.
Interesting news on the DL front of things. This snippet caught my attention since as of late TRON has been the most rumored IP to come with the eventual Tomorrowland update. With that seemingly out of the picture, one has to wonder what the plans for that update actually will consist of considering Marvel is getting its own land this summer, and Star Wars is on the other end of the park.

disneygeek90

Some shops would be consumed by the extended queue. There are no plans for anything other than a new overlay. This would be exactly as Maelstrom was changed to Frozen. That's not to say that it would be cheap, but it isn't going to be something that requires new pathing for boats.
How are the chances for Coco looking at the moment?

kpilcher

"...kudos to those who have been honest in reporting what I've said while attributing truthfully). When YouTubers and bloggers post my information as if they themselves gathered the information, it makes sources go dark."
Not only is this 100% true (about sources going dark), Vloggers/Bloggers/et.al. need to know it is also 100% unethical to not attribute information, unless you have independent sources of your own. Even when I have independent information, I usually write something like "Hat tip to xxxxx with xxxx.com for being the first to post this story."
Give credit where it is due. Oh -- and using photos, videos (or Martin's handy sketches) without permission also violates copyright law. You can be sued.

Mike S

Dinoland Coaster is not on the horizon as far as I know. Brazil is gone. Disney would rather work with Chile or some other South American country at this point. Avatar is very unlikely to get another E-Ticket... likely C or lower. Coco may be sooner than you think.
If Avatar expansion will be a C or lower how does that fit with wanting something high capacity like you said before? 🤨

Disney’s not thinking right.

SplashJacket

How can they build a Coco D/E ticket? I've asked this before but never really got an answer -- wouldn't it require a huge overhaul of the entire Mexico pavilion just to have room for a queue? It doesn't seem like there's any room next to the pavilion because it's pretty close to the Odyssey building and then Test Track.

I guess they could tear down the margarita stand and build a queue there?

I also don't see how they could change that boat ride into a D/E ticket period -- I suppose Frozen Ever After is considered a D ticket (I don't think it's very good), though, and they could do something similar to that.

I know @WDW Pro has already said it would be an overlay to the already existing ride in the Mexico Pavilion, but it would be more than possible to build a separate facility that could house an E-Ticket.

6efe4cbed5233209ee9e0b16c0be74d7.jpg

trainplane3

So I made a interesting observation. In a video of DLs RotR, the inner door of the drop elevator doesn't close as seen here:

(Watch the "reaction" camera, 16:20)

While in WDW, it does. You see the outer door close followed by the inner:

(You'll have to spin this video around, 24:24)

@marni1971, any thoughts on this? I would think it'd throw an error and not allow the ride to proceed but it obviously isn't hurting anything in this condition. Also, it's neat to "see" the simulator in motion from the inside.

SplashJacket

So I made a interesting observation. In a video of DLs RotR, the inner door of the drop elevator doesn't close as seen here:

@marni1971, any thoughts on this? I would think it'd throw an error and not allow the ride to proceed but it obviously isn't hurting anything in this condition. Also, it's neat to "see" the simulator in motion from the inside.

I assume it is simply a malfunction.

On my first two rides in WDW, I did not notice the inner door not closing, but then again, I do not recall looking back.

However, on the third ride, I did turn around and saw the back was open.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

On my first two rides in WDW, I did not notice the inner door not closing, but then again, I do not recall looking back.

Here is another example of the inner door being open.

WDW Pro

So since the Mandalorian would be a senior citizen at the time of Batuu, I assume this is the first step to relax the needless time/space lock WDI created.

Lucasfilm Story Group is responsible for that mess. They've been dismantled.

I will say that 40% downtime does not sound at all right as someone who worked the attraction...

The ride is automatically down two hours of the day more than other attractions for SCHEDULED downtime. How in the world could that not sound right to you?

Thanks for the diagram. I can give you a basic outline with this. So, the new Coco overlay would have you welcomed to Dia de los Muertos celebration at the loading dock, with a "radio program" quietly playing about De La Cruz playing as you round the volcano. F is the first scene that features Miguel playing in his attic. This is followed by screens of Miguel feuding with is grandmother, and then of him playing De la Cruz' guitar. A fog screen with projected marigold petals flowing downward is used to transport guests into the land of the muertos. H is Miguel meeting Victor, followed by a large budget "Poco Loco" scene. The only thing kept is a repurposed use of divers on a cliff scene, which is largely a gesture to the ride's past. The ride skips then to Miguel meeting De La Cruz and finding out the truth in L. Boats then travel through a door which opens into Coco with Miguel, remembering Victor and singing Recuerdame together. Passing through another door, the rest of the former finale is used for Miguel's family celebrating Dia de los Muertos with all the deceased family gathered together. The boats finish by passing by Dante. As boats prepare to unload, a new radio station show is playing about the music of Victor Rivera with a new rendition of Recuerdame recorded just for the ride.

This is the proposed Epcot version. The CA version has two more scenes proposed, but uses mostly the same animatronics and props.

How are the chances for Coco looking at the moment?

As good as something can look before it is green lit. It will likely come in after Mary Poppins.

If Avatar expansion will be a C or lower how does that fit with wanting something high capacity like you said before? 🤨

Disney’s not thinking right.

I've heard a walk-thru faux veterinary care center is the most likely addition. The big draw would be coming face to face with a massive Toruk animatronic at the end. Other animatronics would be on display as well (under the guise of humans caring for the fauna of Pandora), but the Toruk is where the big money would go.

If that door doesn't close, it's a big no-no. The fact that it's happening on a regular basis enough to be in multiple videos, shows you just how much they're letting slide to keep the ride going.

mickEblu

Thanks for the diagram. I can give you a basic outline with this. So, the new Coco overlay would have you welcomed to Dia de los Muertos celebration at the loading dock, with a "radio program" quietly playing about De La Cruz playing as you round the volcano. F is the first scene that features Miguel playing in his attic. This is followed by screens of Miguel feuding with is grandmother, and then of him playing De la Cruz' guitar. A fog screen with projected marigold petals flowing downward is used to transport guests into the land of the muertos. H is Miguel meeting Victor, followed by a large budget "Poco Loco" scene. The only thing kept is a repurposed use of divers on a cliff scene, which is largely a gesture to the ride's past. The ride skips then to Miguel meeting De La Cruz and finding out the truth in L. Boats then travel through a door which opens into Coco with Miguel, remembering Victor and singing Recuerdame together. Passing through another door, the rest of the former finale is used for Miguel's family celebrating Dia de los Muertos with all the deceased family gathered together. The boats finish by passing by Dante. As boats prepare to unload, a new radio station show is playing about the music of Victor Rivera with a new rendition of Recuerdame recorded just for the ride.

This is the proposed Epcot version. The CA version has two more scenes proposed, but uses mostly the same animatronics and props.

Thanks for the breakdown. Why is this sounding like the Coco version of the Little Mermaid? Sounds like a linear retelling of the movie? Where is the danger?

And at least for DCA, why aren’t they using Shanghai’s Peter Pan ride system and putting us in the air on alibrijes? I’m losing a lot of faith in Disney/ WDI when it comes to the parks.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Lucasfilm Story Group is responsible for that mess. They've been dismantled.

The ride is automatically down two hours of the day more than other attractions for SCHEDULED downtime. How in the world could that not sound right to you?

As good as something can look before it is green lit. It will likely come in after Mary Poppins.

I've heard a walk-thru faux veterinary care center is the most likely addition. The big draw would be coming face to face with a massive Toruk animatronic at the end. Other animatronics would be on display as well (under the guise of humans caring for the fauna of Pandora), but the Toruk is where the big money would go.

If that door doesn't close, it's a big no-no. The fact that it's happening on a regular basis enough to be in multiple videos, shows you just how much they're letting slide to keep the ride going.
Thanks for all the great info!

Seems a shame not to expand the Mexico ride. It’ll be another movie in World Showcase with an underwhelmingly short and simple ride that deserved a lot more.

Any idea what they’ve decided on for Mary Poppins?

WDW Pro

Thanks for all the great info!

Seems a shame not to expand the Mexico ride. It’ll be another movie in World Showcase with an underwhelmingly short and simple ride that deserved a lot more.

Any idea what they’ve decided on for Mary Poppins?

I haven't heard anything since Double Decker Carousel. My guess is fleshing out what it will be is a D23 announcement, and it's likely being held very close to the vest (if decided) at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom