Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

DarkMetroid567

So we finally rode (experienced?) Rise yesterday...WOW i thought it was amazing!! However, 5 out of 10 adults in my family perferred MFSR 🤪...So does anyone have any experience with dis-owning family members midway through a vavation??? (JK) 😉

Your experience isn’t an uncommon one. Once the hype dies down, I won’t be shocked to see the public a little more split. I’ve had numerous guests tell me that as cool as the ride was, Smugglers was more exciting.

aluisi

All this work and I got boarding group 80 😥
Well thats good. Apparently it went live at DL at 8:00:01 initial allotment was gone at 8:00:23 and backup groups went live at 8:00:54
Backup groups started at group 82 and apparently stopped at 119. So at lest you didnt get a backup group. Have fun on the ride.

DarkMetroid567

Also, I’m in big agreement that Rise is the most well themed attraction in a Disney park. I love that the ceilings are detailed and the experience feels complete, alongside maybe my favorite ride vehicles of any attraction.

Once again though, part of the reason it’s possible is because the set design is so static. It’s much harder to do complete theming with concepts like Flight, Indy, or Springs. Cool grey spaceship is easier to pull off than an forested alien world or a crumbling temple.

disneygeek90

Your experience isn’t an uncommon one. Once the hype dies down, I won’t be shocked to see the public a little more split. I’ve had numerous guests tell me that as cool as the ride was, Smugglers was more exciting.
I have about an equal amount of experiences on both attractions. SR is fine but it's only truly fun if you're the pilot or have good team members that understand what's going on. Which is uhhh a pretty big chip in it's armor.

Texas84

I will admit, after riding MF:SR, I didn't understand the over-the-top hate. The bashing online almost made me skip the 80 minute line, but after rising... it's a really fun experience. Obviously not a tie with RotR, but fun nonetheless! I was the pilot so maybe being up-front for the first ride-through didn't sour the experience for me.
It's enough for me to be in that ship.

Well thats good. Apparently it went live at DL at 8:00:01 initial allotment was gone at 8:00:23 and backup groups went live at 8:00:54
Backup groups started at group 82 and apparently stopped at 119. So at lest you didnt get a backup group. Have fun on the ride.
Interesting. May I ask how you got this information?

Also, for those who are curious, they didn't start letting people onto the ride until closer to 9:00. Currently they're boarding groups 12-23.

AKL2003

I will admit, after riding MF:SR, I didn't understand the over-the-top hate. The bashing online almost made me skip the 80 minute line, but after rising... it's a really fun experience. Obviously not a tie with RotR, but fun nonetheless! I was the pilot so maybe being up-front for the first ride-through didn't sour the experience for me.
I liked MFSR for sure...but not nearly as cool of an experience as RotR IMHO lol

DarkMetroid567

I have about an equal amount of experiences on both attractions. SR is fine but it's only truly fun if you're the pilot or have good team members that understand what's going on. Which is uhhh a pretty big chip in it's armor.

True. I actually am not that big on pilot (I stan engineer, lol) but it’s easily the most dynamic ride I’ve been on in terms of how much I enjoy it.

With the right people, it’s such an amazing time. With the wrong people, it’s a snoozefest.

Gunner sucks too.

Mike S

Also, I’m in big agreement that Rise is the most well themed attraction in a Disney park. I love that the ceilings are detailed and the experience feels complete, alongside maybe my favorite ride vehicles of any attraction.

Once again though, part of the reason it’s possible is because the set design is so static. It’s much harder to do complete theming with concepts like Flight, Indy, or Springs. Cool grey spaceship is easier to pull off than an forested alien world or a crumbling temple.
Na’vi River Journey does it.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

So with all the pre-shows, how many CM’s are required for rise? It seems at least double to most attractions, maybe close to triple?

And yes I’m questionning if we would have been better off getting 2 attractions for the price of 1 rise. I do like Rise though, and I’m glad they built it. Not sure if they needed to build 2 (going on 3?) but still glad it got built.

yensidtlaw1969

Na’vi River Journey does it.
It's no accident that Na'vi River Journey does not compare to Rise of the Resistance in scale and scope.

I say this with respect for and interest in both attractions - Rise had an easier assignment ahead of it, scenically speaking. But then, as they say, "all it takes is money", and neither of these attractions were inexpensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom