Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’ve noticed that there are vehicle markings on the ground going into the two escape pod rooms doors on the left, which aren’t actually escape pod rooms, to my knowledge. What are those rooms for? Vehicle storage / maintenance?

In any case it’s cool that there are markings that may throw observant guests off.

Well you’re wrong, the conversation was about the transport shuttle before you get captured by the first order. If you’re going to have a disgusting attitude, at least make sure you’re correct. 🙂
you asked this question: Can you feel the movement very much? Is there a clear jolt of any sort when you start moving? Or is it so subtle you can’t tell? I haven’t actually ridden the attraction, I’ve just caved and watched POVs.

so I assumed you were asking about movement of the vehicles in the escape pod.

No Name

you asked this question: Can you feel the movement very much? Is there a clear jolt of any sort when you start moving? Or is it so subtle you can’t tell? I haven’t actually ridden the attraction, I’ve just caved and watched POVs.

so I assumed you were asking about movement of the vehicles in the escape pod.

Why are you defending yourself? If you’d bothered to click that little arrow two more times, you would’ve seen where I said:
The capturing is fantastic, especially how we exit the vehicle through the same door we entered. I love how so many riders think they’re smart by standing near the opposite doors, and then find themselves last to exit. It plays off of guest expectations very well. One of my favorite parts, possibly favorite part, of the attraction.

A simple apology would’ve been sufficient.

CM.X777

I’ve noticed that there are vehicle markings on the ground going into the two escape pod rooms doors on the left, which aren’t actually escape pod rooms, to my knowledge. What are those rooms for? Vehicle storage / maintenance?

In any case it’s cool that there are markings that may throw observant guests off.

Well you’re wrong, the conversation was about the transport shuttle before you get captured by the first order. If you’re going to have a disgusting attitude, at least make sure you’re correct. 🙂

I have no idea what you're talking about in the first part. Vehicles are added and removed in the "return hallway" which is between unload and load. So If you could post a video with a timestamp of what you mean, I could give a better answer.

To you're second part, yes you feel the ITS move. You feel it rotate as you take off and there is a motion base under the cabin for movement. You do feel like you're being transported and attacked by the FO.

No Name

I have no idea what you're talking about in the first part. Vehicles are added and removed in the "return hallway" which is between unload and load. So If you could post a video with a timestamp of what you mean, I could give a better answer.

To you're second part, yes you feel the ITS move. You feel it rotate as you take off and there is a motion base under the cabin for movement. You do feel like you're being transported and attacked by the FO.

At around 7:02:

Here’s a screenshot:
4865B6F5-DCDD-4350-960F-274B973D2BB5.png

The vehicles go under the doors to the right, but there are markings under the doors to the left. I first thought the left doors were fake but they seem to be real.

wdizneew

I have no idea what you’re talking about. This is the RotR thread.

Haha this is the result of me multitasking at work 😂 I was responding to someone on another thread but it somehow responded to your post that I had quoted earlier and didn't remove. Oops. Sorry for the confusion to everyone! 🤭

Anyway, the ITS shuttle movement is similar to standing on a boat/cruise ship that is gently rocking back and forth.

No Name

There are 4 escape pods.

Interesting, but I’ve never seen the left two ever used, and I’ve watched about a dozen POVs. Are they just backup, or have all youtubers just happened to take the right ones?

Haha this is the result of me multitasking at work 😂 I was responding to someone on another thread but it somehow responded to your post that I had quoted earlier and didn't remove. Oops. Sorry for the confusion to everyone! 🤭

Anyway, the ITS shuttle movement is similar to standing on a boat/cruise ship that is gently rocking back and forth.

No worries. 😀

Last edited:

peter11435

Interesting, but I’ve never seen the left two ever used, and I’ve watched about a dozen POVs. Are they just backup, or have all youtubers just happened to take the right ones? Plus, the time in the escape pod is significantly shorter than the dispatch interval, so I see no reason for 4, other than backup.

No worries. 😀
There are 4 and they are all utilized. I think the dispatch interval is lower than you think it is.

wdizneew

Interesting, but I’ve never seen the left two ever used, and I’ve watched about a dozen POVs. Are they just backup, or have all youtubers just happened to take the right ones? Plus, the time in the escape pod is significantly shorter than the dispatch interval, so I see no reason for 4, other than backup.

2 prison transports are escaping during your ride so you use 2 escape pods to get back to Batuu. The 3rd and 4th escape pods are there to reset from 2 prison transports that have escaped before you and waiting for 2 new prison transports to escape after your escape. It's systems engineering 🤷‍♂️

Left side escape pods being used at the 14:00 min mark

No Name

There are 4 and they are all utilized. I think the dispatch interval is lower than you think it is.

Ah okay, just rewatched, I know the dispatch interval but wasn’t realizing the whole escape pod thing amounts to closer to a minute. Okay cool.

Aren't there 3 prison cells? If so, I can't imagine the interval being much more than a minute based on the time in the cell.

There are four, they dispatch in pairs alternately every ~60 seconds, so two vehicles are dispatched every ~30 seconds. If anyone knows the exact times that’d be cool.

Last edited:

dreamscometrue

We had the opportunity to ride RotR last week and absolutely loved it (hadn't watched any video or read reviews beforehand). It was an absolutely amazing, immersive E-ticket attraction; from the queue to unload. The scale and sets were stunning and we defintely bought into the narrative and felt like we were participating unlike any other attraction ever. I do have one question however...

If we were to find one tiny nitpick, it would be the length of time between entering the star destroyer hangar bay, and being put into a holding cell. In our case, it was 15 minutes, and that affected the flow just a tad. I do appreciate that since we have been captured, any lenth of time is possible, but a shorter time would have been preferable. My question is, is this typical or should the time for that transition have been shorter? Thanks.

peter11435

We had the opportunity to ride RotR last week and absolutely loved it (hadn't watched any video or read reviews beforehand). It was an absolutely amazing, immersive E-ticket attraction; from the queue to unload. The scale and sets were stunning and we defintely bought into the narrative and felt like we were participating unlike any other attraction ever. I do have one question however...

If we were to find one tiny nitpick, it would be the length of time between entering the star destroyer hangar bay, and being put into a holding cell. In our case, it was 15 minutes, and that affected the flow just a tad. I do appreciate that since we have been captured, any lenth of time is possible, but a shorter time would have been preferable. My question is, is this typical or should the time for that transition have been shorter? Thanks.
By design it should be shorter. However due to operational delays and other factors it will often be typical.

El_Tomato

I mean... I hope this doesn’t come off as stupid - I’m sure there’s an answer I haven’t thought of -, but how do the escape pods... um, “drop”, in space?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I mean... I hope this doesn’t come off as stupid - I’m sure there’s an answer I haven’t thought of -, but how do the escape pods... um, “drop”, in space?

They vehicles ride into a lift which then literally drops them for a second. The lift is like the Star Wars vehicles that can pitch around like a simulator. Remember, earlier, your vehicle rode a lift up to the second floor. This is the down lift. Pretty much what Tower of Terror does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom