Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Disney Maddux

How it's set up is every CM assigned to the ride is first trained as a Resistance member, and then they need additional training to do the First Order roles. Similar to how Great Movie Ride tour guides needed additional training to be the bandit or cowboy. Pretty cool!
Yeah! All the way from when I was 6, I loved GMR and always wanted to be Mugsy. When I was 8, I had the whole ride memorized... Then 2017 comes, they announce it's closing, and I cried for a little while.

socalkdg

Fully agree that the final encounter with Kylo could use a bit of tweaking. It's the lone effect that isn't very convincing.
Having only watched video(Jan 6 will be my first ride) the probe droid at the beginning seems the weakest. I'd have preferred that is rose up and sees you, setting off an alarm. You escape and round the corner where you run into the troopers. Coming up with its back to you makes no sense since it is staring at a well.

OSX

So, someone said the Kylo Rey animatronic near the end is more advanced than the Na'Vi Queen. Can anyone confirm?
Yeah right that thing wishes it was more advanced than the gorgeous Na'Vi Queen. That flailing, noodle armed, mannequin is more along the lines of the witch that has a vengeance against a tour guide and their group.
36410467281_d4b75a4452_b.jpg

rabbit1

The capturing is fantastic, especially how we exit the vehicle through the same door we entered. I love how so many riders think they’re smart by standing near the opposite doors, and then find themselves last to exit. It plays off of guest expectations very well. One of my favorite parts, possibly favorite part, of the attraction.

Along with the guest reactions when they see where the door has opened. There were audible gasps, and a "Dude, that's sick!" from a Millennia -- that alone earns the ride serious respect! 😅

No Name

Along with the guest reactions when they see where the door has opened. There were audible gasps, and a "Dude, that's sick!" from a Millennia -- that alone earns the ride serious respect! 😅

Can you feel the movement very much? Is there a clear jolt of any sort when you start moving? Or is it so subtle you can’t tell? I haven’t actually ridden the attraction, I’ve just caved and watched POVs.

rabbit1

Can you feel the movement very much? Is there a clear jolt of any sort when you start moving? Or is it so subtle you can’t tell? I haven’t actually ridden the attraction, I’ve just caved and watched POVs.

You can feel the motion, but it's rather like the stretching room of Haunted Mansion -- combined with the video screens, you think it's part of the simulated ship take-off experience and you'd be inclined to guess that you're not actually moving at all.

No Name

You can feel the motion, but it's rather like the stretching room of Haunted Mansion -- combined with the video screens, you think it's part of the simulated ship take-off experience and you'd be inclined to guess that you're not actually moving at all.

Well in the WDW Haunted Mansion’s stretching room I’d be inclined to guess I’m not actually moving at all - and I’d be right. If you’re referring to DL’s then okay I see what you mean.

rabbit1

Could a 74-year-old grandmother that freaks out about everything ride Rise of the Resistance?

There's fast motion and surprises, but nothing crazy intense. It's tough to think of something to compare the intensity to ... maybe think of Dinosaur at AK, but with more smooth rather than jerky movements.

A Noble Fish

There's fast motion and surprises, but nothing crazy intense. It's tough to think of something to compare the intensity to ... maybe think of Dinosaur at AK, but with more smooth rather than jerky movements.
Interesting, how fast does the motion get? I'm thinking Toy Story Mania with a Pirates-style drop is as far as she can handle. If the speed isn't rapid acceleration and stopping then I assume it's not thrilling, correct?

TimeTrip

If she can handle the drop in PotC, she can handle RotR.
I dunno.. I thought there were some pretty drastic movements with some decent lateral g's. Certainly a bit more "intense" than the PoTC drop. All very smooth though. Still it's hard to compare a drop to fast continued motion with direction changes. Comparing THE drop to the PoTC drop I think the PoTC drop is definitely the milder one.

disneygeek90

You definitely feel the movement. Most people hold onto the handrails while in motion because it is enough to get you off balance.

A Noble Fish

If she can handle the drop in PotC, she can handle RotR.
I dunno.. I thought there were some pretty drastic movements with some decent lateral g's. Certainly a bit more "intense" than the PoTC drop. All very smooth though. Still it's hard to compare a drop to fast continued motion with direction changes. Comparing THE drop to the PoTC drop I think the PoTC drop is definitely the milder one.
The drop is solidly between Pirates (Disneyland Drop, not WDW) and Splash Mountain.

Disappointedly, it’s nothing even close to Tower of Terror.

It’s the same as the devil’s snare section of Hagrid’s.
You definitely feel the movement. Most people hold onto the handrails while in motion because it is enough to get you off balance.
Thanks for all of the responses! She has a lot of health issues, but if the drop isn't bad, I'd love for her to be able to ride a super-headliner like that.

If it's like the Hagrid's vertical drop, that's pushing it, but so long as it isn't anymore it might work out. About those g's though:confused:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom