Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mike S

Talked to my first compulsive contrarian about the ride today. They said "it's boring, it doesn't do anything new, it's all screens." When they said that "Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin does more", that's when I knew they were full of it. Not surprisingly, they're one of the people who swear up and down that Hagrid's is a game changer and "tHe MoSt iMmErSiVe RoLLeRCoAsTeR EvAr", It's amazing how much people will delude themselves when they want to hate something.
He’s not completely wrong about Hagrid but the rest... 🤣

Tom Morrow

He’s not completely wrong about Hagrid but the rest... 🤣
Hagrid's is not a game changer. Seriously. It's a great ride, but it doesn't do anything particularly new or particularly great. I feel people were just overly excited that Universal released a good ride with no screens after several mediocre to terrible attractions in a row.

Mike S

Hagrid's is not a game changer. Seriously. It's a great ride, but it doesn't do anything particularly new or particularly great. I feel people were just overly excited that Universal released a good ride with no screens after several mediocre to terrible attractions in a row.
I was talking about the immersive coaster bit.

Tom Morrow

I was talking about the immersive coaster bit.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I don't feel that it's a particularly immersive coaster either, and certainly not the most. It feels like a well-landscaped coaster with a couple of setpieces, certainly not on the scope of something like Big Thunder Mountain where nowhere you look is unthemed, and that's 40 years old. It's very pretty to look at but doesn't look or feel anything like a forbidden forest.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

My biggest issue is with the storyline. Apparently our outpost on Batuu is no longer safe, so we’re escaping to Leia’s secret base somewhere else. But then in the end we’re celebrating the fact that we escaped back to Batuu. Which is still not safe. So we accomplish absolutely nothing? And are still in danger?
I thought it was specifically the resistance outpost on Batuu that wasn't safe, not Black Spire Outpost or the entire planet. I mean sure, we crash land right next to the base, but, theme park logic.

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

Talked to my first compulsive contrarian about the ride today. They said "it's boring, it doesn't do anything new, it's all screens." When they said that "Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin does more", that's when I knew they were full of it. Not surprisingly, they're one of the people who swear up and down that Hagrid's is a game changer and "tHe MoSt iMmErSiVe RoLLeRCoAsTeR EvAr", It's amazing how much people will delude themselves when they want to hate something.

I got my sister on yesterday and she also wasn’t too receptive. She told me that there were “too many rooms” and that it dragged on for too long.

Antarctica?????? Yikes.

Hagrid’s is not at all immersive, but it is a lot more Fun than Rise. It wouldn’t shock me if the general public ends up preferring the former to the latter.

wdizneew

I got my sister on yesterday and she also wasn’t too receptive. She told me that there were “too many rooms” and that it dragged on for too long.

Antarctica?????? Yikes.

Hagrid’s is not at all immersive, but it is a lot more Fun than Rise. It wouldn’t shock me if the general public ends up preferring the former to the latter.

My family had the same sentiments about all the many rooms in RotR.

This also reminds me of the time when I took my sister and her friends on Gringotts which I feel like is a game changer (coaster + simulator!) and then went on Mummy and they much preferred Mummy for the thrill.

Steph15251

Antarctica?????? Yikes.

I have not been on both ,but I think it depends on what you prefer,of course people would think a roller coaster is more fun ,then a slow moving dark ride.Imo you really can not compare the two.

ToTBellHop

Everyone is laughing at my criticism of the storyline. I wasn’t really joking lol. Is it not poor writing?

There are a couple of them that go around on a turntable, so people enter in one place and get off in another.
That’s Star Wars though. No where is safe and the good guys keep escaping danger to find new danger. Apparently the entire galaxy is at war or something.

999th Happy Haunt

My biggest issue is with the storyline. Apparently our outpost on Batuu is no longer safe, so we’re escaping to Leia’s secret base somewhere else. But then in the end we’re celebrating the fact that we escaped back to Batuu. Which is still not safe. So we accomplish absolutely nothing? And are still in danger?
Everyone is laughing at my criticism of the storyline. I wasn’t really joking lol. Is it not poor writing?
I think the Star Destroyer is either destroyed or damaged to the point where it can’t come to Batuu right away and it buys some time for the Resistance. Finn’s urgency before we get on to the escape pods and the line “This destroyer is about to-“ make it seem like the whole ship is in danger of collapsing.

TimeTrip

Got to ride today. After hearing all the hype, but avoiding spoilers, I think it's reaaaaallly good. But just short of amazing. I think its because we waited 15+ minutes between the hangar Bay and interrogation room. I feel like they need to keep that bottleneck to minimum to keep the momentum up.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

This also reminds me of the time when I took my sister and her friends on Gringotts which I feel like is a game changer (coaster + simulator!) and then went on Mummy and they much preferred Mummy for the thrill.

I'd take Mummy over Gringotts any day, even the Singapore version.

Gringotts was a major let down for me and I don't care if I ever ride it again.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Got to ride today. After hearing all the hype, but avoiding spoilers, I think it's reaaaaallly good. But just short of amazing. I thinks because we waited 15+ minutes between the hangar Bay and interrogation room. I feel like they need to keep that bottleneck to minimum to keep the momentum up.
As the CM's become more familiar with the timing between scenes, I hope they can come up with impromptu actions/script that keeps guests in the experience when operational delays happen. In FoP, watching the genetic system reboot 3 times in a row dampens the experience.

TrojanUSC

I loved it but there are a lot of pre-shows, which I think harms the repeatability a bit in the long run.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If it weren't for preshows, you'd be in the same boring queue every time.
I think it’s impressive that the attraction lasts as long as it does including the preshows. I think that this ride will be similar to ToT where you build up to the actual ride and without the pre-show you would lose a lot of the anticipation. For most people I’d assume it’s a positive to the overall experience.

There are some people who are more in the theme park commando category where ride count is most important, get in get out and ride again or move on to something else. I imagine these types of rides have less appeal to those people. I assume they don’t even bother entering EPCOT and would just prefer Busch Gardens or a traditional coaster park. Nothing wrong with that either. To each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom