Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I’m pretty sure if there really is this plan to change to the OT they’ve got a good plan for using Han, Luke, and Leia despite the aged and sadly gone actors. The voice over for Leia in Star Tours was very on point so just bring back whoever it was that did it. Disney definitely has the resources to do the same for the other two and there’s already someone well known for doing impressions of Ford.

Even sort of looks like him and they could just do CGI touch ups from motion capture instead of a full CGI recreation to really sell it if they wanted to. Plus I’m sure he’d be cheaper than getting Ford back and trying to deage him like SLJ in Captain Marvel.

Oh, and FYI, he was in a movie with Ford and his role was a younger version of Ford’s character.

Bob Iger liked your post! That means you are on to something! 😂

disneygeek90

Not WDW, WDI. And I’ve been reading about this rumor since before it opened from others besides just marni that the ride was designed so that this change could almost seamlessly happen.
I’m not doubting that there’s talks. I just don’t understand why so soon.

PB Watermelon

Except, Sith don’t become Force Ghosts.

Ironic. They seek immortality but take the path that doesn’t lead there.

In their defense, the Sith hang on to life and possessions, Jedi accept death and loss. That's kinda a thing in the Star Wars mythology. And Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon was the first (I think) to materialize through the Force in the afterlife, teaches it to Yoda, who then teaches it to Obi-Wan. How Anakin learned it is anybody's guess.
If the movie leaks are true, there is....another...who lives on through the Force, and I'm not talking about Leia, but will shut up now.

Mike S

In their defense, the Sith hang on to life and possessions, Jedi accept death and loss. That's kinda a thing in the Star Wars mythology. And Liam Neeson's Qui-Gon was the first (I think) to materialize through the Force in the afterlife, teaches it to Yoda, who then teaches it to Obi-Wan. How Anakin learned it is anybody's guess.
If the movie leaks are true, there is....another...who lives on through the Force, and I'm not talking about Leia, but will shut up now.
I know the leak. It’s really stupid.

And Anakin doing it wasn’t a problem until the how of it was explained many years later. Until RotS it could’ve easily been assumed that Force Ghosts were just Jedi you personally knew and were able to appear to you or something like that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would be shocked if RotR changed any time soon. One day? Sure. After those Midway Mania overlays we were promised.

And Country Bears Christmas overlay.
And new stage shows in DHS.
And two other ride profiles in MFSR.

But, hey, they got Space Mountain overlays down pat by partially or completely shutting off what little lights they had on to begin with!

The only that that gets laid over on a regular basis is Cinderella

castle.

ToTBellHop

And Country Bears Christmas overlay.
And new stage shows in DHS.
And two other ride profiles in MFSR.

But, hey, they got Space Mountain overlays down pat by partially or completely shutting off what little lights they had on to begin with!

The only that that gets laid over on a regular basis is Cinderella

castle.
If I were choosing, and I’m not, I’d want the yeti and JII fixed before touching RotR. It seems the simplest option is to lock Star Tours and Backlot Express (rethemed as a sit down) in the OT and add those MFSR missions. Why waste money?

Sundown

In another thread I started yesterday, I proffered the idea that perhaps these fully immersive lands are not the right approach.

The Star Wars movies were hopping around from planet to planet. They could have used a multi-planet approach to the "land". Or perhaps gone with a Jedi/Rebel/Republic/Resistance side of the land and a Sith/Empire/First Order side of the land. But Star Wars doesn't have an established land that you have a store, a bar, a flight deck, etc. I guess Tatooine could fit that...but it's a boring, desert planet. Doesn't translate into an exciting theme park land.

So...in this case of Star Wars...having one themed location doesn't work, IMO. Especially if it was just created for the parks. (Though I personally like the idea of a new planet to explore, I'd like something else more)

Another idea is to re-theme each land into different planet spaceports/etc. A different one in California, Orlando and France. Paint the rocks different colors, make one a snow planet, etc. But tying the lands to the new trilogy is really, really hampering. They need to push a few main concepts: Jedi & the Force, Boba Fett/Jango/Mandalorian and Bounty Hunters and the most recognizable character in SW...Darth Vader.

SWGalaxysEdge

It mildly works. In the context of the ride, the droids are reprogrammed but still pretending like we are prisoners in case anyone is watching us. Makes sense that we would still be in our assigned prison row colors to keep up the act that we aren’t being broken out.

..its meant to help the ADA folks know what row to go to as well, but people keep forgetting the color thing and just getting wherever they can. It'll come to a head at some point when a ADA rider gets all excited there are no seats in the front row.

SWGalaxysEdge

View attachment 433765
I just want a Darth Vader AA! Even an Emperor AA would be great!

... Vader is dead in this timeline. Batuu is between EP7/8 so there is no Vader or any OT characters that can't live as long as a wookie. They aren't gonna spend billions just to change things over either. If haters would just relax and enjoy the land, with all that hatred energy, they might like it.

SWGalaxysEdge

No one would be talking about it this much if it wasn’t presented as an actual possibility by trusted insiders. For me I would’ve just been happy with what we have, which I am. The possibility is tantalizing though. It would also likely require minimal downtime with most work able to be done offsite until it’s time for installation.

..."A possibility" can be by insiders or outsiders. None of my insiders have mentioned this at all, at either land,
They only hint of a future was that a 3rd expansion pad is available at both lands but not expected to be considered until 2029

Mike S

... Vader is dead in this timeline. Batuu is between EP7/8 so there is no Vader or any OT characters that can't live as long as a wookie. They aren't gonna spend billions just to change things over either. If haters would just relax and enjoy the land, with all that hatred energy, they might like it.
I don’t think it would cost billions to overlay one ride but you do you I guess.
..."A possibility" can be by insiders or outsiders. None of my insiders have mentioned this at all, at either land,
They only hint of a future was that a 3rd expansion pad is available at both lands but not expected to be considered until 2029
I’m going with @marni1971 on this. I’ve been here for almost 6 (!) years now and over that time he’s been proven to be trustworthy again and again. Plus you just seem very bitter on this for no reason. No one is saying the ride sucks. We’re discussing a topic because someone who proved they could be trusted brought it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom