Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
It would be permanent.
1576438084570.png

Mike S

I’m not actually that big of a fan of the sequel trilogy but I think this would be kind of a dumb move. If you think about the fact that the prequel trilogy is now well received by many because of all the kids who grew up with it that are now 20 something you can imagine in 5-10 years you’ll start to see a similar effect with kids growing up with the ST now.

15 years ago all I heard was George ruined this or ruined that and now I just hear Disney ruined this or that and that George would have done a better job if involved.

I actually don’t think you can win with this land. Too many people feel a certain way about it compared to what they thought it would be and it will never make everyone happy.

At the end of the day these are all shallow aesthetic changes. First Order is basically just the Empire. Kylo is Vader. Etc. Maybe I’m just more open minded but I like the idea of being in the SW universe not just in the years of the Empire. I would be happier if they just made what they have more interesting. Like adding back in that bounty hunter character or even some Mandalorians (they don’t have to be THE Mandalorian).
Funny thing about it though is that pretty much every Star Wars fan agrees the OT movies are good movies. Kids today even with the new movies still know and love Darth Vader. By going the OT route they’re playing to the widest base.
It could happen within a year. Let me stress no decision has been made yet.
anigif_sub-buzz-702-1575661463-11.gif

It helps that the scuff marks look all random than just one or two tracks. It makes it seem like the scuff marks are there because of regular use of troop transport vehicles.
That’s how I always thought of them. Especially in the first room.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This just in: It's been reported that they will indeed overlay SWL with the most popular aspect of the whole Star Wars franchise, that is, The Mandalorian.

The Falcon will be removed and replaced with the Razor Crest, and you get to pilot the Razor Crest with Baby Yoda as your co-pilot pushing buttons in an unhelpful manner. Then, in Rise of the Resistance, you'll help the Mandalorian rescue the Baby Yoda with the help of other Mandalorians. The Dark Side of SWL will be run by bounty hunters, and the light side by people in desperate need of protection.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Funny thing about it though is that pretty much every Star Wars fan agrees the OT movies are good movies. Kids today even with the new movies still know and love Darth Vader. By going the OT route they’re playing to the widest base.

anigif_sub-buzz-702-1575661463-11.gif

That’s how I always thought of them. Especially in the first room.
Kids love Vader more than Kylo from what I've seen and heard. The kids at the summer camp I worked at all really loved Vader and some liked Kylo. But to quote one of the kids "Kylo just seems like a baby all the time".

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
This just in: It's been reported that they will indeed overlay SWL with the most popular aspect of the whole Star Wars franchise, that is, The Mandalorian.

The Falcon will be removed and replaced with the Razor Crest, and you get to pilot the Razor Crest with Baby Yoda as your co-pilot pushing buttons in an unhelpful manner. Then, in Rise of the Resistance, you'll help the Mandalorian rescue the Baby Yoda with the help of other Mandalorians. The Dark Side of SWL will be run by bounty hunters, and the light side by people in desperate need of protection.
1576438542338.png

I would be down with that tbh

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I’m not actually that big of a fan of the sequel trilogy but I think this would be kind of a dumb move. If you think about the fact that the prequel trilogy is now well received by many because of all the kids who grew up with it that are now 20 something you can imagine in 5-10 years you’ll start to see a similar effect with kids growing up with the ST now.

15 years ago all I heard was George ruined this or ruined that and now I just hear Disney ruined this or that and that George would have done a better job if involved.

I actually don’t think you can win with this land. Too many people feel a certain way about it compared to what they thought it would be and it will never make everyone happy.

At the end of the day these are all shallow aesthetic changes. First Order is basically just the Empire. Kylo is Vader. Etc. Maybe I’m just more open minded but I like the idea of being in the SW universe not just in the years of the Empire. I would be happier if they just made what they have more interesting. Like adding back in that bounty hunter character or even some Mandalorians (they don’t have to be THE Mandalorian).
Also I do not hate the land at all. I have never said once on this forum I hate the land. I think an OT overlay of the land would be awesome and make the land a little better in my mind. Especially since the OT is more iconic and memorable compared to the ST.

Mike S

I used a character that's from the OT as well as the PT. Don't tell me you would not be excited to see Vader and the OT be in Galaxy's edge.
If this change does indeed happen I think Galaxy’s Edge should encompass all trilogies. The OT gets “Rise of the Rebellion” since it’s the one that started it all, Millennium Falcon could remain unchanged except for new missions, and the Prequels could get a new attraction. What that could be, idk. The current walk around characters would remain with new ones added as well. Music playing in the land would correspond to the characters currently out greeting depending on which trilogy they’re from.

I wouldn’t even be mad 🤣
Kids love Vader more than Kylo from what I've seen and heard. The kids at the summer camp I worked at all really loved Vader and some liked Kylo. But to quote one of the kids "Kylo just seems like a baby all the time".
Kid was raised by some good parents.

Bleed0range

I used a character that's from the OT as well as the PT. Don't tell me you would not be excited to see Vader and the OT be in Galaxy's edge.

I mean, I’m a life long Star Wars fan. I’m 35. Been watching them since I was 5. But no, not really. As I said it’s kind of the same difference. Where I cared about the OT characters was in what they did in the ST with them and they already ruined that chance. I wanted to see Luke as a bad Jedi in TLJ. I wanted to see the OT cast all together. But I didn’t get that. Pretending that it’s 30 years before and making the Kylo animatronic Vader isn’t going to somehow change any of that. I can sort of accept that it’s basically the same thing now without it having to literally be Vader.

Maybe it would be cool, but it would also be admitting the failure of the ST and thereby sort of making this whole trilogy of movies pointless.

What makes the land good or bad? The timeline it’s placed in or what there is to do? I’d say there’s more they could do to make it fun to be in the modern day timeline if they worked at it.

People compare this land to Harry Potter all the time. But I don’t think that’s a fair comparison to make as this IP stretches like 3 or 4 generations of people.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If this change does indeed happen I think Galaxy’s Edge should encompass all trilogies. The OT gets “Rise of the Rebellion” since it’s the one that started it all, Millennium Falcon could remain unchanged except for new missions, and the Prequels could get a new attraction. What that could be, idk. The current walk around characters would remain with new ones added as well. Music playing in the land would correspond to the characters currently out greeting depending on which trilogy they’re from.

I wouldn’t even be mad 🤣

Kid was raised by some good parents.
That would be a fantastic idea! It would make all the different fans happy. Yeah the kid at the summer camp is the younger brother of my brothers best friend. He's a huge Star Wars fan. He used to always want to talk about Star Wars during the camp 😂

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I mean, I’m a life long Star Wars fan. I’m 35. Been watching them since I was 5. But no, not really. As I said it’s kind of the same difference. Where I cared about the OT characters was in what they did in the ST with them and they already ruined that chance. I wanted to see Luke as a bad *** Jedi in TLJ. I wanted to see the OT cast all together. But I didn’t get that. Pretending that it’s 30 years before and making the Kylo animatronic Vader isn’t going to somehow change any of that. I can sort of accept that it’s basically the same thing now without it having to literally be Vader.

Maybe it would be cool, but it would also be admitting the failure of the ST and thereby sort of making this whole trilogy of movies pointless.

What makes the land good or bad? The timeline it’s placed in or what there is to do? I’d say there’s more they could do to make it fun to be in the modern day timeline if they worked at it.

People compare this land to Harry Potter all the time. But I don’t think that’s a fair comparison to make as this IP stretches like 3 or 4 generations of people.
You have a really good point. It does render the ST kinda a failure. I went into the Last Jedi expecting it to show how powerful Luke became and it was just an epic fail. If it was up to me I would've had the land be set around the OT due to the fact how iconic it is.

Mike S

You have a really good point. It does render the ST kinda a failure. I went into the Last Jedi expecting it to show how powerful Luke became and it was just an epic fail. If it was up to me I would've had the land be set around the OT due to the fact how iconic it is.
I’m betting they’re waiting to see what Rise of Skywalker does which fits that they can get this done as soon as a year from now. If it catches on fire and actually heals things they’ll probably keep the ST. If it doesn’t, this would be an ace up their sleeve to at least salvage something for Galaxy’s Edge’s star attraction and make it more timeless. They wouldn’t erase everything ST from the land though. I could see them doing something similar to my outline and play it off as simply updating the land to include all of Star Wars. They’ll never directly admit a failure like this.

Bleed0range

I think the Mandalorian shows SW can be interesting no matter what timeline you’re in. It just depends on the execution of it. If we got an attraction that had nothing directly to do with any timeline but it was like... a sith temple was found on Batuu and we got to be trained as Sith by the emperor and maybe even a sith holocron of Vader that would to me, be interesting and could fit this timeline as it could sort of be memories of those characters. Or unknown characters who are Sith. Introduce Sith troopers or something. Depends on what new stuff we get in ROS.

Bleed0range

I absolutely agree these are really good ideas. Disney has a lot of things to work with if they want to add or change things for Galaxy's Edge. I think BleedOrange's idea of a sith temple or a jedi temple would be fantastic. It could be the jedi training show on steroids.

I have always wanted to see more about the sith and this sort of temple gives you the chance to have trials that could still incorporate some familiar OT elements. Maybe even PT, a version of Maul via a holocron played by Ray Park but more akin to his Solo appearance. Anyone remember those episodes from Rebels where he goes to the sith temple?

Easy to build a “excavated” entrance found to a hidden temple that could lead to a show building.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I have always wanted to see more about the sith and this sort of temple gives you the chance to have trials that could still incorporate some familiar OT elements. Maybe even PT, a version of Maul via a holocron played by Ray Park but more akin to his Solo appearance. Anyone remember those episodes from Rebels where he goes to the sith temple?

Easy to build a “excavated” entrance found to a hidden temple that could lead to a show building.
That would be awesome! I would love to see more about the Jedi and Sith in the park. Yeah I loved those episodes of rebels! Man that was such a good show. Not as good as Clone Wars but very close. Dave Filoni is the Kevin Feige of Lucasfilm.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

In that case all food locations will immediately start serving baby yoda soup and all retail locations will exclusively sell “the child” plushes and t-shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom