Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

mergatroid

Question for the gurus

I know the entire party needs to be scanned in to get a BG. In the scenario where half my family comes super early, and the second half comes 45 min later (both early enough in time get a BG) can I book 2 BGs for both groups of my family on the app if I have all the tickets? (And no, unlikely they’ll arrive at the same time and we don’t expect to ride together)

I believe the system checks that those applying for a BG have entered the park. It does this by checking GPS of the phone but also that tickets have been scanned. If your family aren't in the park then their tickets won't have been scanned. So in that instance I would say no?

I believe the system checks that those applying for a BG have entered the park. It does this by checking GPS of the phone but also that tickets have been scanned. If your family aren't in the park then their tickets won't have been scanned. So in that instance I would say no?

in this case, I’m saying the first group gets into the park and we book BG1. If the second group gets in 45 min later, can I book a BG for them as well? (assuming availability)

The Pho

in this case, I’m saying the first group gets into the park and we book BG1. If the second group gets in 45 min later, can I book a BG for them as well? (assuming availability)
You can book separate groups for separate people as long as they have entered the park and are on your Disney Experience. If you have 10 people you could book a separate group for each of them if you wanted.

Mike S

And a very reliable one at that.

Tell you what, if it were Han Solo and Chewbacca in that crashed shuttle at ride's end, instead of Fishface, then the ride might mean something to me. As it is, meh.
If Han and Chewie were put anywhere I think it’s actually more appropriate to put them in the AT AT room where Finn is. Han replaces Finn and Chewie is a new addition. “Fishface” is easily changed to Ackbar.

Darth Snips

If Han and Chewie were put anywhere I think it’s actually more appropriate to put them in the AT AT room where Finn is. Han replaces Finn and Chewie is a new addition. “Fishface” is easily changed to Ackbar.
While I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with overlaying the ride with OT content, I would really hate to lose Lt. Bek. Bek feels like he is well on his way to becoming a new Disney Park icon; he's like a modern day R3X. I'm really a big fan of the fact that the movie characters just drift in and out of the story while an original character is the host for our adventure. It'd be a shame to lose that IMHO.

Mike S

While I wouldn't necessarily have an issue with overlaying the ride with OT content, I would really hate to lose Lt. Bek. Bek feels like he is well on his way to becoming a new Disney Park icon; he's like a modern day R3X. I'm really a big fan of the fact that the movie characters just drift in and out of the story while an original character is the host for our adventure. It'd be a shame to lose that IMHO.
Yeah but the voice is already similar enough that it feels like they wanted to use Ackbar anyway. They couldn’t though because the time frame is TLJ where Ackbar dies.

RobWDW1971

Yeah but the voice is already similar enough that it feels like they wanted to use Ackbar anyway. They couldn’t though because the time frame is TLJ where Ackbar dies.

I’d guess less than 5% of the guests going through the land truly have any idea (nor care) when exactly this land is supposed to be set, who’s therefore alive, dead, etc. it’s a fundamentally poor decision that gains nothing yet creates all of these downstream implications.

You don’t spend a billion dollars on a land celebrating a hugely popular brand and design in it in a way the prohibits you from celebrating all of the brand’s past, present, and future.

Having to explain to confused guests and kids why there is no Yoda, Vader, Darth Maul, Mandalorian, Baby Yoda, upcoming Kenobi series characters, or Clone War and Rogue One characters, etc. in a 14 acre massive “Star Wars” land is simply idiotic. It’s an insanely limiting creative choice for no real upside.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
If this happened would it be pushed for both parks or would it be yet another situation where Disneyland is favored? Also, how blue sky is this? I’d have to imagine the Paris version could possibly just open this way too since it’s already pretty far off.
I would love it if Disneyland stays the same. While Hollywood Studios get the OT. Then Paris gets a prequel trilogy overlay.

doctornick

Oh, there’s plenty who care and see a potential need. Not just fans.

But I’m just the messenger.

Cool. Hope they build a second land for the OT. I mean, there should be representation of those characters and that timeframe in the parks but I don't see why they'd need to mess with logical setting for GE to get that.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
We rode Rise of the Resistance today for the third time, and I still love it so much. It is nice to see the reactions of other guests when they exit.

Today when our group arrived in the hanger bay, with many of us taking pictures, the First Order cast member said something like: "Take all the image scans you want, rebel spies. Your transmissions will never leave this ship!". I thought that was so funny.

I'm still so impressed with all the cast members that are around. There are so many.

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6581.JPG

I really like the boarding group system. It worked perfectly for us. We waited just 15 minutes after getting in line. It would be interesting if they experimented with using boarding groups for some days at other rides, like Flight of Passage.

We entered the park at 6:30, got boarding group 31, did a few attractions, Skyliner'ed over to Caribbean Beach for breakfast (we have been eating here frequently since the Skyliner opened and love all the vegetarian options at Centertown Market), and when we came back at 9:30 it was our boarding time. It was perfect. If it had been a regular queue we would have been stuck in line for hours and might not have spent that money on breakfast.

IMG_6529.JPG

Some more pictures from inside the ride:

IMG_6534.JPG

The two exits from the two briefing rooms:

IMG_6542.JPG

There are quite a few different screens in the transport ship. You have to ride it multiple times to see everything.

IMG_6551.JPG

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG

I thought it was funny the way these First Order cast members were having a private conversation:

IMG_6569.JPG

I love seeing the trackless ride vehicles 'dance' around on their own, especially at the beginning of the ride when you pass the two returning vehicles and the droids talk to each other.

IMG_6576.JPG

Is it still necessary to add spoiler tags to photos like this? I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Mike S

Cool. Hope they build a second land for the OT. I mean, there should be representation of those characters and that timeframe in the parks but I don't see why they'd need to mess with logical setting for GE to get that.
Because I’m pretty sure retheming to the OT would be a much easier sell to Wall Street than a whole new land when the first one had headlines all over of lighter crowds than expected.

bshah365

Finally got to ride Rise in DHS this week.. the attraction was overall AMAZING.. but there are definitely some things I felt needed improvement in show and operations. I've listed them below under a spoiler tag just in case.

- The screens in the ITS are really small and only cater to the first people who walk in. I was in the back of the large herd and had to stand in the middle of the shuttle and could barely see the screens or the animatronics due to the large amount of people in front and behind me.. I wish they added "windows" along the sides and even above the ceiling of the ITS.

- The grouping in the star destroyer is MESSY. They have you stand on colored lines that match your vehicle before the preshow but those colors are completely lost in the detention cell... Everyone was looking on the floor to find their colors and there were none.. so everybody got all mixed up.. when the door finally opens, people were rushing and just getting into random rows and there was nobody explaining which color goes to which row.. it was a mess. This could be solved by using a "tower of terror" loading technique.. have the colors on the floor in the detention cell, then when the door breaks open have the resistance CM ask for 1 color at a time and board the correct rows, similar to how tower loads.

- The saber coming down from the ceiling looked way better in person than in videos! There is a cool fiery crackling effect inside the saber blade that isn't shown in POVs.. but the saber blade should have been longer.. It's too short and completely misses guests views... also bc the scene is super quick, I noticed a lot of guests not even notice it happening.. it doesn't come low enough in front of their face for them to see it... In the trailer, its so long it looks like it can almost slice through guests...

- The wall that falls in front of Kylo drops way too slow and looks a bit cheesy.. I was told that this was done on purpose to achieve a more slow motion effect but it just doesn't look that great to me in person.. having it aggressively break through and drop would be more impactful and dramatic..

Everything else was absolutely fantastic! Everyone is going to love this attraction!

doctornick

Because I’m pretty sure retheming to the OT would be a much easier sell to Wall Street than a whole new land when the first one had headlines all over of lighter crowds than expected.

Oh I'm sure. But re-theming sucks for fans - why spend money to change something when you can build something new? Use Star Tours (put it only as PT/OT scenes) as a basis and make a new SW land around Echo lake with a new E-ticket and keep Jedi training as a more permanent attraction (use the Sounds Dangerous theater).

Ah well, its a nice dream...

Mike S

Oh I'm sure. But re-theming sucks for fans - why spend money to change something when you can build something new? Use Star Tours (put it only as PT/OT scenes) as a basis and make a new SW land around Echo lake with a new E-ticket and keep Jedi training as a more permanent attraction (use the Sounds Dangerous theater).

Ah well, its a nice dream...
Yes I proposed the same thing in a different thread.
You just got the wheels in my head turning. What if Echo Lake becomes Indiana Jones + Star Wars stuff that isn’t sequel trilogy? Add an Indy ride, a Mandalorian show, Speeder Bike or Landspeeder Coaster, keep Star Tours, etc.? Maybe get rid of the current stunt show and expand into the parking lot.

Edit: Backlot Express becomes another Cantina. Mos Eisley.
I don’t think it’ll happen though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom