Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Hearing #SWGEFL is only running about 25 ride cars right now. Hopefully working their way up to capacity (36) in the near future.
Finding out for sure.

Any word on how DL's has been testing? Hearing that it's having significantly less doen time (during testing) than FL's is having (during public operations)... any truth to that?

retroeric

What the what!? Who told you that? I feel like you were possibly trolled. I don’t think the system would be able to tell if you left the park, much less one small area. We ran around doing rides while we waited. I’m sorry for your experience :(
The person I was with told me that. I'm over it, it's okay. 🙂 I live 10 minutes from the park, and go pretty often, so it's okay.

peter11435

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I don't feel like sifting through 266 pages. :) Why are you not allowed to leave Galaxy's Edge after getting a RotR boarding time? Or was that just something they installed for opening day? I would've loved to leave the SWGE area and take advantage of super short lines at Slinky Dog or RnRC during the 4 hours I waited in the virtual queue.
You are allowed to leave GE or even the entire park if you desire.

Hawg G

I tend to not judge a land by it’s drinks,and while I feel SR is not a great ride ,it imo is not the worst ride around.

The Blue Milk to me is very indicative of how poorly the land was managed, How that stuff got approved as “the” new drink is beyond me. It shows how out of touch with their target audience they were on a LOT of the land.

Disney has failed twice with their Butterbeer challengers.

Steph15251

The Blue Milk to me is very indicative of how poorly the land was managed, How that stuff got approved as “the” new drink is beyond me. It shows how out of touch with their target audience they were on a LOT of the land.

And like I said I could careless about the drinks.

mergatroid

That doesn’t mean blue Milk doesn’t still suck, or SR isn’t still perplexingly mediocre. It just means that one part of a billion dollar land met the expectations that all parts should have.

Maybe not your expectations anyway. I always thought ROTR was going to be the stand out attraction there, with MFSR being it's 'little brother' so to speak. As for the milk guess what, I don't like butter beer, can't stand the stuff to be honest. The idea of using that to bash Universal with though is nonsensical, I just don't buy it and drink something else instead rather than moan about it.

I'll even accept that MFSR isn't rated anywhere near as highly as ROTR is, I believe that even the imagineers that designed it knew that to be the case themselves. The original idea was the land would open with both attractions working and that not being the case was probably a mistake by the higher ups. So instead of the world being introduced to Galaxy's Edge by a stellar attraction and a fun secondary attraction, the secondary attraction had to hold up the reputation of the new land pretty much by itself and that was a tough ask. People were well within their rights to give their honest assessments of what they thought, after all they could only really comment on what they saw and was presented to them. This did also throw open a window of opportunity for a minority of people to try to have a go at Disney over and over and over again.

Most were just realistic and said they thought MFSR was fun, but not a headliner. A lot were concerned that if ROTR wasn't superb, that the whole land might be deemed a failure. All were valid opinions but in and among those posters with those thoughts were a small minority who couldn't hide their happiness that GE wasn't getting the praise they thought it would. That's not to say most who said negative things were in this category, but a few were. They were quite easy to spot really, trying to hide their 'agenda' with the success of a group of chimpanzees trying to build a nuclear reactor with a box of Cheerios and a tube of glue.

Then when ROTR opened you could almost collectively hear the sound of their little hearts breaking. The world was seeing what they should have seen when GE opened (minus a few cut backed ideas). Suddenly people were talking about what an incredible attraction they had and that allowed many to appreciate MFSR a little more and the land as a whole. And as for those few who appeared obsessive in celebrating the 'failure' of GE on a daily basis, they seem to have quietly moved on but they stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone can think and say whatever they want about anything as far as I'm concerned, this certainly isn't about censoring people's opinions. However it is quite amusing how the few have gone so quiet after being so loud :D

ImperfectPixie

Maybe not your expectations anyway. I always thought ROTR was going to be the stand out attraction there, with MFSR being it's 'little brother' so to speak. As for the milk guess what, I don't like butter beer, can't stand the stuff to be honest. The idea of using that to bash Universal with though is nonsensical, I just don't buy it and drink something else instead rather than moan about it.

I'll even accept that MFSR isn't rated anywhere near as highly as ROTR is, I believe that even the imagineers that designed it knew that to be the case themselves. The original idea was the land would open with both attractions working and that not being the case was probably a mistake by the higher ups. So instead of the world being introduced to Galaxy's Edge by a stellar attraction and a fun secondary attraction, the secondary attraction had to hold up the reputation of the new land pretty much by itself and that was a tough ask. People were well within their rights to give their honest assessments of what they thought, after all they could only really comment on what they saw and was presented to them. This did also throw open a window of opportunity for a minority of people to try to have a go at Disney over and over and over again.

Most were just realistic and said they thought MFSR was fun, but not a headliner. A lot were concerned that if ROTR wasn't superb, that the whole land might be deemed a failure. All were valid opinions but in and among those posters with those thoughts were a small minority who couldn't hide their happiness that GE wasn't getting the praise they thought it would. That's not to say most who said negative things were in this category, but a few were. They were quite easy to spot really, trying to hide their 'agenda' with the success of a group of chimpanzees trying to build a nuclear reactor with a box of Cheerios and a tube of glue.

Then when ROTR opened you could almost collectively hear the sound of their little hearts breaking. The world was seeing what they should have seen when GE opened (minus a few cut backed ideas). Suddenly people were talking about what an incredible attraction they had and that allowed many to appreciate MFSR a little more and the land as a whole. And as for those few who appeared obsessive in celebrating the 'failure' of GE on a daily basis, they seem to have quietly moved on but they stick out like a sore thumb. Anyone can think and say whatever they want about anything as far as I'm concerned, this certainly isn't about censoring people's opinions. However it is quite amusing how the few have gone so quiet after being so loud :D
I agree with everything you've said. And almost spit coffee at "chimpanzees trying to build a nuclear reactor with a box of Cheerios and a tube of glue". :hilarious:

disneygeek90

Get a beer at Baseline Taphouse and then walk into SWGE. Problem solved!

FWIW, I don't drink butterbeer either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom