Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

Even with the scale as big as it is, it is still not as grand as Shanghai Pirates. I think Shanghai Pirates is the best attraction in the world. However, RotR is certainly one of the best attractions at WDW, up there with AA, KS, and Splash Mountain.

..well Shanghai does have a 20 foot wraparound screen....

shanghai pirates2.png

Tonto

View attachment 432198
All good points! I haven't been on Pirates Shanghi, but I'm inclined to give ROTR a vote over Pirates as it incorporates some amazing technology beyond screens, and not to mention multiple ride systems. I also tend to think its more cinematic in look and in its scope of story telling.

Mike S

View attachment 432198
Not that it’s a contest but I think the screen in the Star Destroyer hangar is bigger 😉🤣

I read it was 100 feet.
All good points! I haven't been on Pirates Shanghi, but I'm inclined to give ROTR a vote over Pirates as it incorporates some amazing technology beyond screens, and not to mention multiple ride systems. I also tend to think its more cinematic in look and in its scope of story telling.
The story of SPotC is a bit bare and simplistic. Watch it with English subtitles to see what I mean.

It’s all about the show with this one. Unlike RotR where the story does indeed match the scale.

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

Nothing in Rise beats the skeleton Jack effect, though. It still amazes me.

ToTBellHop

With the flip of a switch by converting CM areas to guest areas and vice versa, we can usually have our OT death star ride. All you need is Darth Vader at the end of that hallway. Come to think of it, that should be the game plan whenever rise of the resistance goes down. Just quickly switch the sign over to return of the death star. Add baby Yoda for flair.

ToTBellHop

I would guess that has more to do with the potential hassle of getting a young child(ren) to the part at 5:30 AM than the height requirement.
Yeah we just completely changed our schedule to make this work. Kids can get up early but only if you skip fireworks the night before...it’s worth it though. Not like we haven’t seen HEA!

tissandtully

With all of my rides there’s one thing I noticed: guests in my vehicle including myself started clapping on our own when it was done. Compare this to, say, Universal where the team members attempt to initiate the clapping. It’s also pretty funny how there’s a line of cast members as you’re walking out hyping you up like you’re a sports star walking onto the field. I couldn’t resist high fiving them all lol.

Everyone at Disney knows what they have here.
I was clapping and cheering during the whole thing, it was awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom