Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

yensidtlaw1969

No, Witch was A100. A1000 is incredibly new. Still trying to pin down the first official, but it was recent.
I've gotten the impression that the Shaman of Songs was the first A1000 put to public use, and that the Hondos were next.

Can anyone clarify which 3 figures in Rise are the A1000's, if it's true that Rise has 3 of them? My guesses were Kylo and Hux on the Bridge and then Final Kylo. I suppose Beck in the Transport Ship could be one given how much facetime guests get with him relative to the others, but I haven't gotten the impression from video that he's quite that advanced.

I'm not 100% ready to believe that any of the figures in Rise are holdovers from The Great Movie Ride. It just sounds like such a fanboy rumor to me - so easy to say that Finn is Sigourney just because they share a similar pose, and it'd be fun to think she was recycled within the park, but there's hardly a smoking gun that says it HAS to be her.

Outside of The Wicked Witch, all of the figures in GMR are so far technically from what Animatronics are expected to do nowadays that I hesitate to think that retrofitting, say, Humphrey Bogart into a high-level figure for Rise would even be worth the small bit of time or money it might save. Sometimes it's actually cheaper and easier to just make the thing you need from scratch.

Though I'd be very interesting in finding out I'm wrong if indeed I am.

EDITED To Add: I forgot that since there are 3 Transport Ships there are 3 Beck Animatronics - so if he's an A1000 then he's presumably all of them, or, more likely, none of the Becks are A1000.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

This ride is on par with Shanghai Pirates and blows the other 3 Disney LPS rides away. Wow.
Even with the scale as big as it is, it is still not as grand as Shanghai Pirates. I think Shanghai Pirates is the best attraction in the world. However, RotR is certainly one of the best attractions at WDW, up there with AA, KS, and Splash Mountain.

Mike S

Even with the scale as big as it is, it is still not as grand as Shanghai Pirates. I think Shanghai Pirates is the best attraction in the world. However, RotR is certainly one of the best attractions at WDW, up there with AA, KS, and Splash Mountain.
To me from the videos I’ve seen this ride definitely seems as grand unless those giant screens are completely different in person.

EricsBiscuit

To me from the videos I’ve seen this ride definitely seems as grand unless those giant screens are completely different in person.
Shanghai Pirates is so much more than big screens. The sets are enormous. The queue is enormous and extremely detailed. And the ride system dwarfs RotR in capacity.

Mike S

Shanghai Pirates is so much more than big screens. The sets are enormous. The queue is enormous and extremely detailed. And the ride system dwarfs RotR in capacity.
I know the detailed sets but to me the sets we have in RotR and SPotC are pretty equal in quality for how effective they are in what they’re both trying to do. This is why I pointed out the screens as the big differentiator for SPotC. They’re gigantic and, obviously, won’t come off as great on video as in person.

Last edited:

Magic Feather

I've gotten the impression that the Shaman of Songs was the first A1000 put to public use, and that the Hondos were next.

Can anyone clarify which 3 figures in Rise are the A1000's, if it's true that Rise has 3 of them? My guesses were Kylo and Hux on the Bridge and then Final Kylo. I suppose Beck in the Transport Ship could be one given how much facetime guests get with him relative to the others, but I haven't gotten the impression from video that he's quite that advanced.
Was Shaman technically an A1000? For some reason, I was under the impression that she was in a class of her own.
I know final Kylo is an A1000. Bridge Kylo also looks to be one. To me the hold up is the Bridge Hux, because it seems awfully... limited. However, I don’t know what else it would be.

Mike S

Was Shaman technically an A1000? For some reason, I was under the impression that she was in a class of her own.
I know final Kylo is an A1000. Bridge Kylo also looks to be one. To me the hold up is the Bridge Hux, because it seems awfully... limited. However, I don’t know what else it would be.
It’s probably just because he has less exaggerated movement. He’s Hux. Doesn’t need to be doing anything crazy.

yensidtlaw1969

I guess she could be - I do remember seeing in some offical Disney promotional material that Hondo is outclassed only by her - though this was back in the early part of this year before any of Galaxy's Edge had come online, so who knows how the RotR animatronics affect that standing.

I'm inclined to agree that of the 3 I listed Hux is the most likely to not be an A1000 - while good, something about him does seem a little stilted. The fact that he only ever faces away from the guests would seem to be at least a little telling. Which is why I wondered if maybe Beck was an A1000, since I'd think you'd spend the money where guests would really see it.

EDITED To Add: As I went back and noted in my post above, it's actually unlikely that Beck in the Transport Ship is an A1000 since there are 3 of them, one in each simulator. So it's more likely that he's not A1000, or he would be "all of them" if it's true that the attraction only has 3.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
However, I don’t know what else it would be.

It's one of the storm troopers in the main hanger... second row, fourth from the left I believe... it has a sensor so that whenever the room is empty, it is programmed to perform the complete history of dance, but when guests are in the room, it stays in character moving as little as possible. It's a shame no guests will actually get to see the programing, it's quite impressive!

Stripes

Haha. Unfortunately all false. Finn is much more complex than Sigourney (although, they may have refused a similar body sculpt/structure). Humphrey and Ingrid were incredibly basic figures compared to Ren and Hux. Witch, while closer, is highly unlikely. I believe Final Ren is an A1000, while the witch was (the first) A100.
I wonder, do all of the stormtroopers have a little movement, or just a few?

SWGalaxysEdge

There's a rumor going around that some of the AAs in the ride are repurposed from GMR. Most notably one of the Finn AAs is the Sigourney Weaver AA and the final Kylo is the Wicked Witch. The other one was that Kylo and Hux are Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

I have zero evidence that this is true, just seeking confirmation or denial.

..checking on this.

kap91

For clarity, is Flight of Passage derivative of Soaring?

I'm kind of under the impression it's like a Star Tours that turns into FOP, which is derivative, but technically new?
The only thing soarin and FOP have in common is that it's a motionbase of some sort in front of a giant screen of some sort. Mechanically, operationally, and even media-tech wise they're completely different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom