Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Animaniac93-98

The First Order gets me while they’re young.

"In response to complaints about scared children, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be offering a Sensory Friendly experience between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; Star Wars: A Safe Outer-Space Adventure!

In this altered, immersive experience, First Order officers and Stormtroopers will engage with younglings by having "hug time" with Duffy the Disney Bear while waiting to ride. Once aboard the attraction itself, the normal audio will be turned off and replaced with a special narration by everyone's favorite space snowman himself, Olaf! Who likes warm hugs more than Kylo Ren?

After safely landing back in Batuu, the experience concludes with free lollipops for all!***
(quantities limited, two T-shirt minimum purchase required)"

ToTBellHop

"In response to complaints about scared children, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be offering a Sensory Friendly experience between 2:00pm and 4:00pm on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; Star Wars: A Safe Outer-Space Adventure!

In this altered, immersive experience, First Order officers and Stormtroopers will engage with younglings by having "hug time" with Duffy the Disney Bear while waiting to ride. Once aboard the attraction itself, the normal audio will be turned off and replaced with a special narration by everyone's favorite space snowman himself, Olaf! Who likes warm hugs more than Kylo Ren?

After safely landing back in Batuu, the experience concludes with free lollipops for all!***
(quantities limited, two T-shirt minimum purchase required)"
Please. That would cost $149. But $119 for APs, DVC, and Bob Chapek. Such value!

kpilcher

View attachment 430709
I doubt this is a very reputable news site, but nonetheless it will be seen by the public. What kind of a headline is this? When Hagrid's opened, it was "Wow, what an amazing ride! It has a 10-hour wait!" With Disney, it's "hide your children! An evacuation happened!" Sheesh. Two huge-scaled attractions with downtime issues, but ah what bias can do.

That folks, is what you call 'making money from ad revenue.'

It's exciting times in Orlando that Disney and Universal are making their parks there some of the best on Earth!

Hi Walrus!

I assure you ClickOrlando is reputable. It is an integral part of my news operation, WKMG-TV. While I am on vacation this week, I see nothing in that article I would change. Stacy was very fair in including both the frustrations and those cheering the execution.

We would not be reputable by hiding, ignoring or not reporting the operational issues. We did exactly the same with Hagrid, Antarctica, Rip Ride Rock It, Diagon Alley, and many others all the way back at least to Mission:Space. I am the first to have us point out on News 6 & ClickOrlando that these kinds of glitches often happen with ground-breaking new attractions. But not reporting the down times would do a disservice to those who want to ride and end up going to the park and not realizing why it is not open. Most people just don't know theme parks like the people on this forum,

Most of us at WKMG-TV are theme park lovers, Stacy included. Many of us have friends working in all levels of the area's parks and resorts including design, operations, management and public relations. No one I know is rooting for failure, nor looking to "get clicks" with unfair coverage. That approach can grab people for an article or two if you are so inclined, but it does not get people to keep coming back for the long haul. Also, high clicks from one story does not equal "making money with ad revenue." It doesn't work that way for us.

News 6 / ClickOrlando always strives to be fair. We will report the good as well as the bad. X-Wings over Galaxy's Edge & the new must-try things at Food & Wine to the guy who lost his fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean and the guest blinded on Dueling Dragons.

No one I know wants to see Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LEGOLand Florida, Gatorland, FunSpot, (whatever they call the wheel these days), or any other attraction to suffer or to fail. All of us who work here live in Central Florida, and the tourism industry is vital to the place we call home.

A Noble Fish

Hi Walrus!

I assure you ClickOrlando is reputable. It is an integral part of my news operation, WKMG-TV. While I am on vacation this week, I see nothing in that article I would change. Stacy was very fair in including both the frustrations and those cheering the execution.

We would not be reputable by hiding, ignoring or not reporting the operational issues. We did exactly the same with Hagrid, Antarctica, Rip Ride Rock It, Diagon Alley, and many others all the way back at least to Mission:Space. I am the first to have us point out on News 6 & ClickOrlando that these kinds of glitches often happen with ground-breaking new attractions. But not reporting the down times would do a disservice to those who want to ride and end up going to the park and not realizing why it is not open. Most people just don't know theme parks like the people on this forum,

Most of us at WKMG-TV are theme park lovers, Stacy included. Many of us have friends working in all levels of the area's parks and resorts including design, operations, management and public relations. No one I know is rooting for failure, nor looking to "get clicks" with unfair coverage. That approach can grab people for an article or two if you are so inclined, but it does not get people to keep coming back for the long haul. Also, high clicks from one story does not equal "making money with ad revenue." It doesn't work that way for us.

News 6 / ClickOrlando always strives to be fair. We will report the good as well as the bad. X-Wings over Galaxy's Edge & the new must-try things at Food & Wine to the guy who lost his fingers on Pirates of the Caribbean and the guest blinded on Dueling Dragons.

No one I know wants to see Disney, SeaWorld, Universal, LEGOLand Florida, Gatorland, FunSpot, (whatever they call the wheel these days), or any other attraction to suffer or to fail. All of us who work here live in Central Florida, and the tourism industry is vital to the place we call home.
I especially appreciate your response, and am pleased to know you guys care. Yet, if that headline itself is the best you can possibly do, it’s preventing you from the next level of journalism.

When a website like that will be viewed around the entire country or world for such a big local event, it shouldn’t start with that headline. It’s the news publication’s responsibility to no matter how big or small the issue is to be upfront. The article’s contents are fine and hold up, but it almost sounds like the headline is the first ‘bullet point’ rather than a proper appropriate title to its contents. It’s popular to do it today, but that doesn’t mean it’s what it should be.

With all do respect, it’s not dangerous to public knowledge like plenty of biased reporting today is, but it could and should be done better if what you say is true (and I believe you).

You and I both know that starting with a headline like that is more likely to grab your attention than say “WDW’s newest ride, Rise of the Resistence, opens to both technical issues and praise;” which frankly, is a far better headline to capture the full scope and fact-based reporting that was done in the article. It was a small gripe I had, and that’s all, I discussed it. Anyway, it’s a good article for the local crowd that needs up-to-the-minute reporting, but I’d take the criticism about its faults and learn from it, personally.

Last edited:

KevinPage

I find only one real major problem with ROTR...some other E tickets feel not as good now 😂

4A5B8335-4C7C-4501-9AE9-6C1BA1827ED6.gif

Mike S

I find only one real major problem with ROTR...some other E tickets feel not as good now 😂
For me there’s one other thing. Does anyone else feel put off by the AA Finn’s face? It just looks weird to me, like the skin is a bit loose or something.

All First Order CM's staff should have a resistance pin hidden under a lapel in their costume. If a child is visibly upset, all they need to do is take them aside (all smiles) and say they are really with the resistance, show the pin, and say they are only pretending to be the First Order so they can rescue them!

SplashJacket

All First Order CM's staff should have a resistance pin hidden under a lapel in their costume. If a child is visibly upset, all they need to do is take them aside (all smiles) and say they are really with the resistance, show the pin, and say they are only pretending to be the First Order so they can rescue them!

I don't think most children would necessarily be able to follow that string of explanations very well.

I really like the explanation here, posted on the previous page.

I don't think most children would necessarily be able to follow that string of explanations very well.

I really like the explanation here, posted on the previous page.

They would literally only be saying, "I am with the resistance and we are here to rescue you."

Not all kids react the same. If a first order soldier to me, "We need strong soldiers like you." My imagination would immediately jump to "Oh, they are taking me away forever then." I probably would have had a 5 year old panic attack.

Again - not all kids are the same.

doctornick

Am i the only one not overly impressed by Flight of Passage? It's a very well done simulator, but simulators just don't thrill me and I personally find the land of Pandora much more attractive.

In my mind It's a cute little ride where after you can buy a pet Banshee. It's a great attraction, it just shouldn't be the most popular at AK or any Disney Park.

The thing with FoP is - at least in my experience - that is does the best job of any ride I've ever been on of selling the conceit of what is going on. Everything is done so fantastically to actually sell you that you "really" are connected to an avatar and riding a banshee. There are other rides that I think are superior, but I think FoP deserves a lot of credit for that aspect of its execution.

I also think that for people dissing simulators/screens (and I prefer physical sets as well), there is no way they can sell that ride so well without doing it how they did.

Whats the hype about FJ, rode 5 times in USH and it was fun. Sure the ride system is innovative but it's not the 360 experience RotR is suppose to be. Compared to Cars (DCA), Indiana Jones adventure it doesn't hold up for me. Hogsmeade itself is okayish to me personally, being someone who is a huge HP fan. Judging GE from youtube you are really separated from the rest of the park, while in Hogsmeade you see the showbuilding very well.

I love FJ but it's definitely not as complete a "show" as it might potentially be. The ride system is really what makes it though, as the thrill of that movement is fantastic. In that regard, I feel like it benefits from the visceral thrill of a roller coaster while still having quality show scenes. That said, I feel like it suffers a bit from being a "greatest hits" ride (understandably why it is) which are somewhat disjointed as you go from scene to scene during the ride.

For my money, the best ride at Uni - and Orlando in general, though I'm looking forward to RotR - is still Spider-Man.

Last edited:

Steph15251

The thing with FoP is - at least in my experience - that is does the best job of any ride I've ever been on of selling the conceit of what is going on. Everything is done so fantastic to actually sell you that you "really" are connected to an avatar and riding a banshee. There are other rides that I think are superior, but I think FoP deserves a lot of credit for that aspect.

I also thing that for people dissing simulators/screens (and I prefer physical sets as well), there is no way they can sell that ride so well without doing it how they did.

I love FJ but it's definitely not as complete a "show" as it might potentially be. The ride system is really what makes it though as the thrill of that movement is fantastic. In that regard, I feel like it benefits from the visceral thrill of a roller coaster while still having quality show scenes. That said, I feel like it suffers a bit from being a "greatest hits" ride (understandably why it is) which feels somewhat disjointed as you go from scene to scene.

For my money, the best ride at Uni - and Orlando in general, though I'm looking forward to RotR - is still Spider-Man.
Love Spider-Man interesting that ROTR and Spider-Man where done by the same person.

CM.X777

OR parents don't drag their kids on things the kids don't want to do. If your kid is going to be scared by a cold and stern FO officer, DON"T TAKE THEM ON THE RIDE! I have seen some great parents in my time working arractions, but I've also see A LOT of garbage selfish one ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom