Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mouse Trap

They all worked I’m happy to say. I didn’t move mountains though; I’m not on the company payroll - more like I did what little I could when I could.

That's great -- seriously. The amount of people who are willing (or capable) to influence change with large corporations dwindles.

I work in an industry heavily influenced by the general public and more difference would be made if people actually cared about what they say on internet forums and put words into action. Not really hard imho.

Weather_Lady

Most are assuming the boarding group thing will last at least through the holidays.

That's actually what I'm afraid of -- is that it will be in place until after New Year's but with no announcement of what is to follow and replace it by the time we arrive on 2/17, so we'll have to make our Fastpasses blind.

Any educated guesses? All standby, or would they actually start offering FP+ for it that early? When will it be made available during EMH? Your guess is as good as mine, but I'll gladly take it!

disneygeek90

That's actually what I'm afraid of -- is that it will be in place until after New Year's but with no announcement of what is to follow and replace it by the time we arrive on 2/17, so we'll have to make our Fastpasses blind.

Any educated guesses? All standby, or would they actually start offering FP+ for it that early?
I'm just guessing obviously. But I have a feeling they'll hold off on Fastpasses for a while.

durangojim

Any educated guesses? All standby, or would they actually start offering FP+ for it that early? When will it be made available during EMH? Your guess is as good as mine, but I'll gladly take it!
Since they haven't done FP for the Falcon and that opened in August, I doubt seriously that FP's will be available for either ride until the summer.

elfshadowreaper

For over 20 years Disney has been coasting. Adding hotel rooms like mad, but not really adding ANY ride capacity, except for at the newest park, that opened with an anemic attraction list.

I was literally saying this to my wife this morning. More and more hotels but not new rides/parks to put them in. Disney desperately needs a new park to put their hotel guests in.

ToTBellHop

i was in standby line while there was FP line being let in...
i had a boarding number 113 so i rode around 8.30 pm..

the ride did close for just over an hour but i stuck it out and glad i did

you 1st enter the show building then u walk outside again to board a transport ship where the first order hijacks you...
Those weren’t Fastpasses. They were rerides following an evac.

Last edited:

FRD714

How does the shuttle work and you end up in the hangar bay? You walk out and see the ship in there so it's more than just a door opening on the other side I assume.

RobotWolf

You can actually feel it turning during takeoff - but its cleverly themed to seem as the ship is turning leaving the planet - same with the being pulled into the Star Destroyer

Is the ITS shuttle an elevator as well? Or are you on the same (ground?) floor when you enter the destroyer?

Darth Snips

I remember that CNN story said that there were 3 A-1000s. Does anyone know which 3? I can think of 4 possible A-1000s: Finn, Hux, Kylo on the bridge, and Kylo in the finale. Is one of these not an A-1000? Or am I miscounting?

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Here are some of my photos from yesterday:

In the room before Rey's transmission there are two doors, each leading to a transmission room that is a mirror of the other. This is similar to the two stretching rooms in the Haunted Mansion. Here they are both:

IMG_6317.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

Another photo of the great hologram effect:

IMG_6235.jpeg

There are 2 large screens that show Poe Dameron and Lieutenant Bek:

IMG_6321.jpeg

After the hologram you are rushed outside, where you wait for the door to the transport ship to open. This is outside, but almost entirely covered by overhanging rocks, which you can see a little below. I have seen some people ask about what they'd do when it is raining, but I don't think that this is an issue at all.

IMG_6322.jpeg

This was last night and the view from the window behind Lieutenant Bek is dark. When we rode it in the morning it was light outside. Also there are panels in the ceiling that were bright in the morning (and became dark when you arrived in space), but they were already dark from the beginning in the evening.

IMG_6327.jpeg

I really like this whole pre-show of getting tractor-beamed into the Star Destroyer. It is very well done. The same door you entered from suddenly opens and a First Order officer comes inside.

IMG_6337.jpeg

Looking back at the transport vehicle in the Star Destroyer, now with closed door after everyone exited.

IMG_6345.jpeg

Suddenly being in the Star Destroyer hanger bay is a huge shock and a magnificent view.

IMG_6338.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

More photos in the next post (as it only allows me to attach 10 photos)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom