Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

TP2000

I’m at the media event now. After the opening ceremony, I walked over to the ride, and they told me to come back later. I came back 45 min later and they said it’s down for the night.
My travel agent buddy couldn’t ride tonight. Broken down.

Ohhh! It's broken down for the entire night. Funny how that works, almost like someone mysterious jinxed it. 🧐

Which now entirely explains the weird and stilted language Mr. Chapek used in the opening ceremony where he ended by not inviting the crowd to experience the new ride, but instead invited them to go shopping and "live your own adventure" in Star Wars Land instead.

They must have known that the ride was broken when the ceremony was happening, so they switched to the "Ride Doesn't Work" script and programmed that into Mr. Chapek's sport coat circuits just before he went onstage.

Did they at least have the blonde twink fighter pilot available for photos instead of a working attraction? :cool:

InkedTwink_LI.jpg

Last edited:

KevinPage

It looks amazing but theres a huge issue. In two weeks the new movie comes out if kylo is redeemed (becomes good) or is killed (or finn or poe) the whole story feels suddenly dated?

Same can be said of Harry Potter rides.

ROTR takes place between TLJ & ROS, so just gotta accept that

Vader was redeemed yet he’s only a villain in endeavor he’s featured in.

fctiger

It looks amazing but theres a huge issue. In two weeks the new movie comes out if kylo is redeemed (becomes good) or is killed (or finn or poe) the whole story feels suddenly dated?

I think most people can just accept the rides and movies are not exactly the same story and just one possible extension of it. Iron Man ride (in Hong Kong) is really fun just the same even after you know his fate in the films.

socalkdg

I watched a video ride-through at the Site That Shall Not Be Named, and eh. It's all very slick and pretty. But please tell me why I'm supposed to care about Rey, be scared of Kylo, or give a damn about The Resistance. I cared about the Jedi, et al, in the OT because I cared about the characters and what would happen to them. The razzle-dazzle effects were the icing; the characters were the cake. Compared to the OT, Iger's Star Wars is just a bunch of woke empty calories. Again, meh.
Do I care about any of the characters on Pirates or Mansion? Nope. Still great rides. Still love the pirate ship attacking the fort scene or the graveyard scene. By the way, I’ll take Rey over whiney Luke any day.

SplashJacket

Iron Man ride (in Hong Kong) is really fun just the same even after you know his fate in the films.

Personally I believe the Iron Man Experience is one of the worst attractions ever produced by WDI.

However, yes, I do agree that films and theme park attractions can coexist despite differing routes with the IP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom