Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

I'm not going to watch the full ride through before I go, just as I haven't watched the full Flights of Passage videos - as I haven't ridden that yet.
Very excited though!
It's taking so much self control right now for me not to! I as well have not seen FOP either haha. This is going to be a great trip in February!

FOP is much better if you go in blind....rise is just wow on a whole other level.

Incomudro

It's taking so much self control right now for me not to! I as well have not seen FOP either haha. This is going to be a great trip in February!
Yes, I understand completely.
I've got to force myself to remember how great many rides for me were when I went into them blind.
My first ride on ToT blew me away.

180º

During construction of the ride we could see that there was a large circular feature at one end of the building. What does that correspond to in the ride?
The turntable for the three shuttle cabins that rotate around from Batuu to the Finalizer.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So I watched a POV is it a free fall drop (if so how tall) or mainly simulated? Maybe @marni1971 can awnser this question
As I understand it, it’s a lurch to begin with but decelerates almost immediately. The rest of the descent is controlled to simulate a bit of movement down to the lower level. Having not ridden Hagrids yet but a similar ride, that is almost how the Rise drop was described to me.

britain

As I understand it, it’s a lurch to begin with but decelerates almost immediately. The rest of the descent is controlled to simulate a bit of movement down to the lower level. Having not ridden Hagrids yet but a similar ride, that is almost how the Rise drop was described to me.

In one of the videos I saw that the pod rises up a little bit and then drops. EDIT: I take it back, it might just be a door lowering down behind your car that made it look like the pod was rising.

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
JJ has marketing people with him all the time making sure everything he says supports a narrative. The movie for the fan was basically the final cut minus some minor changes ordered by execs regarding a dyad concept that apparently didn't work, screenings did occur but the cut they saw is the same as the one the fan saw - not the final although very close. There have been extensive reshoots, all the way into October.
I'm not going to engage further on this because this is the wrong thread, but all news reports say the film was completed a week and a half ago.

erasure fan1

IGN said:
Verdict
Rise of the Resistance is a technical marvel that delivers on its promise to fully immerse riders in the Star Wars galaxy. With its combination of cutting-edge technology, focused storytelling, and sheer scale, Rise represents an ambitious step forward for Disney, although its emphasis on creating an immersive narrative over roller coaster-style thrills may not completely satisfy the adrenaline junkies in your group
Solid review from IGN. They give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Tonto

I watched two videos that give a complete walkthrough and ride through of this attraction. Without actually riding, I can say that my expectations were completely exceeded. IMO Disney fumbled big time by opening the land without this attraction. This changes my whole outlook of the land completely. Looks like an amazing ride and possibly Disney's best ride to date if not all of Orlando. Disney finally stepped up their game.
This ride/attraction looks to be a home run!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom