Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Nothing has been directly experienced/seen by me. This is a collection of everything I've heard by people directly related to the project. I trust everything I heard/am writing is factual and correct, but you don't have to. I am a messenger. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Everything I know about RotR @ DLR.... part 1

QUEUE

Standby queue is long... nothing has been confirmed but the queue (both inside and outside) is guesstimated to hold about 3 hours of line... more or less.. Extended queue will start at the entrance and take over some of the walkway coming into the land. When that fills up, the line will back into Critter Country in the wide hungry bear walkway... it is expected to reach Splash Mountain. Once in the outside queue, loud radio calls can be heard and guests will get close to a large waterfall. Inside the caves, guests can find many props, costumes, and replicas from the movies. The cave is also etched in a way to create seating while you wait. FP is said to skip all of the outside switchbacks and most of the indoor cave scenes/props. However, FP will NOT miss/skip any pre-shows.

PRE-SHOW 1 (BRIEFING ROOM)

***NOTE: Once you arrive at this point, your wait is *technically* over. the next pre-shows/scenes will follow one after another until your ride ends. This is where the attraction begins and is said to last 15 minutes. The pre-shows shouldn't be compared to ToT or Guardians where you wait in more switchbacks/queue after the show ends.***

Inside the cave, FP and standby guests will arrive at the merge point. They will be funneled into a space where 1 of 2 sets of doors will open towards them (there are 2 preshow rooms). In this preshow, there will be a BB8 animatronic and a "hologram" of Rey. This "hologram" will be achieved using the Peppers Ghost effect. So basically images being reflected against clear class.. but apparently it looks really good. Rey will ask for your help and tell you to board the shuttle (ITS). Poe and BB8 are waiting in an X wing outside and will be alongside you throughout your flight. The doors open into an outside courtyard where you will pass Poe's X wing to your right. BB8 is on top and you will see Poe's silhouette in the drivers seat. In front of you are 2 cast members and the blue shuttle ready for you to board.

PRESHOW 2 (ITS)

You will walk up the ramp and board the main shuttle room. (There are 3 of these rooms that will rotate on a turntable... 1 in the courtyard, 1 in the star destroyer, and 1 "in flight"). The platforms capacity is over 50 guests, but only 48 will be loaded at a time. The room will rotate/move up to the show building once dispatched from an outside console. There are rumored to be *2* characters aboard the ITS. The floor will shake/move but it will overall be a smooth ride. You get sucked into the star destroyer and will see stormtroopers run to line up in their positions. The doors will open and you will see many animatronics already in position.

**NOTE: There is NO alternate experience for the shuttle. If it does not work, the entire attraction simply must go down. You may not skip it and walk into the star destroyer. If you're already inside the star destroyer at the time of the shuttle breakdown, you will proceed and finish the attraction. Anybody before that will not be able to experience the rest of the ride. This rule seems extremely problematic and may change in the future**

STAR DESTROYER/HANGAR

The doors will open and you will walk inside of the SD. To your left, you will see a ride vehicle with a droid in front just there for show purposes. You will be greeted by 2 first order officers and will be rushed into the next hallway. You will not be able to free roam inside of the star destroyer... in fact, you'll only be able to be in the large hangar for a couple seconds before you're moved to the next hallway. Inside the hallway, you'll be grouped into 4 different detention cells, 16 guests maximum in each one.

PRESHOW 3 (DETENTION CELL)

You are now being held captive by the first order and have been locked inside of your detention cell. Inside of the triangular room, you will look up to see Kylo and Hux on a catwalk talking about your captivity. This will be a screen. They plan on keeping you here and will deal with the fate of your existence at a later time. They leave and your group is left in a very solid room with no real way out. Suddenly, a loud and bright laser appears to start traveling across the room, cutting straight through the wall. The laser makes an outline and suddenly the wall aggressively breaks open! The resistance knew about your captivity and was already on a mission to break you out. As you walk through the destroyed cell wall, 2 hacked first order transport vehicles await you in the next room. The boarding process begins.

The end.... for now.
Well it is about time someone finally got to walk up a ramp in this land! if they could make this one ADA compliant they could have done it for the falcon too!

SWGalaxysEdge

Let's do a AA count for RotR...please add/delete/correct me

Preshow #1 (caves queue)
BB8 (x2) in the briefing room, PLUS one on Poe's X-Wing
Poe (in X-Wing) - is he an AA or just a "dummy" in the cockpit?

Preshow #2 (ITS shuttle)
Nien Numb (pilot)

Star Destroyer Hangar
50 Stormtroopers
1 R5 droid in a ride car (for show)

Loading area (disco room)
R5 unit in each ride car (x38)

AT-AT room
AT-AT walkers (x2) - do these count as AAs?
Finn (x2) at elevators

2nd floor (bridge scene)
Kylo Ren
Hux

2nd Floor (lightsaber through floor)
Kylo Ren (x2) 2 separate shows, 1 for each car

2nd floor (gun room)
Firing and recoiling guns (x3) - are these considered AAs?

2nd floor (Final Kylo encounter)
Kylo Ren

Rich Brownn

I get what you mean, same genre and potential fanbase.

In Pandora, I've never felt like CM's are anything other than that, certainly not locals.
Oh! And people didn't complain about droids and/or aliens not roaming in Pandora either.
The lack of aliens is actually explained in Pandora.. the large plant your can rub (and it reacts by spewing water) is providing oxygen in the valley, so humans can breathe. It is, however, toxic for the natives.

swge

To help answer animatronic malfunctions.. I made a comment on the complexity of these scenes and was *hinted* that a lot of these scenes have B-roll alternatives in case of animation failures.. wasn’t explained how or what.. but just that they’ve factored animatronic malfunctions and have alternatives to keep the ride going.

Disneyson

The lack of aliens is actually explained in Pandora.. the large plant your can rub (and it reacts by spewing water) is providing oxygen in the valley, so humans can breathe. It is, however, toxic for the natives.

There’s also a lot of oxygen coming in from the magical “transference bridge” from Discovery Island. Do the Na’vi find oxygen toxic? I thought that they just mainly aren’t interested in humans and have better things to do.

wityblack

Preshow #1 (caves queue)

Preshow #2 (ITS shuttle)
Nien Numb (pilot)

Star Destroyer Hangar
50 Stormtroopers

AT-AT room
Finn (x2) at elevators

2nd floor (bridge scene)
Kylo Ren
Hux

2nd floor (gun room)

Kylo Ren
I remember seeing a picture of a Mon Calamari (Admiral Ackbar's species) in the ride. I would imagine they'd be an animatronic, but I could be wrong.

hyro0o0

Preshow #1 (caves queue)

Preshow #2 (ITS shuttle)
Nien Numb (pilot)

Star Destroyer Hangar
50 Stormtroopers

AT-AT room
Finn (x2) at elevators

2nd floor (bridge scene)
Kylo Ren
Hux

2nd floor (gun room)

Kylo Ren

Please tell me this is just based on public knowledge and does not mean that the animatronic storm troopers in the hangar bay are the only ones in the entire ride...

Disneyson

Falcon is ada compliant. Unless I am missing what you're saying.

There’s a strange obsession/very specific dream on this site of being able to walk up a Star Wars-style drop ramp that deploys from one of the iconic ships - which usually don’t have handrails, or for some other reason, aren’t ADA compliant.

I personally think that the fact that this land doesn’t have any lightsaber battles or any aliens or creatures to meet is a little more problematic, at least IMHO.

Rich Brownn

There’s also a lot of oxygen coming in from the magical “transference bridge” from Discovery Island. Do the Na’vi find oxygen toxic? I thought that they just mainly aren’t interested in humans and have better things to do.
The natural atmosphere on Pandora is toxic to humans and ok or natives. Oxygen is vice-versa. (Its the whole reason why the Avatar program exists)

Bender123

There’s a strange obsession/very specific dream on this site of being able to walk up a Star Wars-style drop ramp that deploys from one of the iconic ships - which usually don’t have handrails, or for some other reason, aren’t ADA compliant.

I personally think that the fact that this land doesn’t have any lightsaber battles or any aliens or creatures to meet is a little more problematic, at least IMHO.

Well...the maximum rise per ADA compliant ramp is 30 inches at a rise over run of 1:12 ratio. The falcon would need to get its suspension lowered to Snoop Dogg Hooptie levels to make that one work.

LittleGiants'16

Just because it’s their latest work doesn’t mean it’s their greatest.
Okay. We can all agree, as I suspect many of us do, that NRJ is not the high water mark of Imagineering’s work.

But we can also think that it’s visually appealing. Or that it’s a fine ride for what it is: a C-ticket boat ride that has interesting combinations of screens and physical sets.

Though I suppose this is more of that nuance of opinion we try to avoid around these parts.

RobWDW1971

Okay. We can all agree, as I suspect many of us do, that NRJ is not the high water mark of Imagineering’s work.

But we can also think that it’s visually appealing. Or that it’s a fine ride for what it is: a C-ticket boat ride that has interesting combinations of screens and physical sets.

Though I suppose this is more of that nuance of opinion we try to avoid around these parts.

Or as the confused guests at the exit put it, “That’s it?”

Bender123

Or as the confused guests at the exit put it, “That’s it?”

I always describe it this way...

Its like watching Star Wars and the movie just ends as the Death Star arrives at Yavin. The ride is a great buildup for an epic ending that never happens. You get this gorgeous story of the Navi coming together for a great musical celebration. The forest begins to come alive with movement and music, you turn a corner and see the Shaman singing and inviting you to join the celebration, you then enter...a virtually empty room, then you get off the ride.

Honestly, if they had that stupid last room filled with AAs, screens, movement and music, it would be a classic. As it stands, it feels like a story that that rises to nothing and is actually more disappointing than if they just didn't have a story.

ajbidwell

@SWGalaxysEdge (Or anyone else in the know), with just over two weeks till the big day are the powers that be just planning to stand pat with the current 9-9 schedule? Seems crazy that we had over two months of (lightly attended) 6 AM openings and now would be the time to decide to be conservative with hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom