Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mickeyboof

My favorite part of that ride is when Vin Diesel emerges, and there is a pause for applause and cheering that never happens.

Am I mistaken, or are all their bodies really heavily computer animated? It felt like their faces were put onto fake CGI bodies.

Woah now I’m really taking this thread off topic.

Movielover

Am I mistaken, or are all their bodies really heavily computer animated? It felt like their faces were put onto fake CGI bodies.

Pretty much. Its almost to the point of why even bother since you're replacing 80 percent of the performance (body) and the rest (face) will either be too obscured or over processed by computer effects.

BrianLo

New Pictures - credit @ParksandCons on Twitter
"A few new walls at Rise of the Resistance that seal off the queue for now."
EDIT: This is California not DHS
EDIT #2 - the last picture (I added) is the area I think they walled off - form the Critter Country entrance. There's this gap in the queue line. Please correct m,e if I am wrong

View attachment 423882

View attachment 423883

View attachment 423884

View attachment 423885

What you've circled in your last photo is actually way over there in relationship to that wall.

1573200363638.png

The wall is hiding a section of the distal switchbacks, which can be opened out to the pathway. It's a unique feature in Disneyland's layout I believe.

If I had to guess - I assume they just don't want regular guests easily seeing non-guests in the queue?

BrianLo

Rise had been running in DL for several months. Burbank’s choice of dates has me dumbfounded. Ops wise a betting man would open DL first.

Perhaps so Anaheim doesn't have a Hagrid situation, like you alluded to in Florida.

I have always assumed that DLR's GE opened first "just because". I have never heard a reason why DHS's started as late as it did.

I've been under the impression it had more to do with the development process rather than a specific desire to open one first. Galaxies' Edge was developed partially in tandem for DHS and DLR. DHS had been aiming to add it as the third development phase for DHS in 2020-2021. It was slated to re-utilize some of the Echo lake facilities. DLR was slated for a late 2018 debut in its development cycle on its completely new section of land. Well prior to this DLR was toying a more similar re-utilize facilities approach in Tomorrowland.

At some point DHS actually copied forward most of the DLR specific plans, scraped the in between second phase of DHS, shifted the development resources for 2020-2022 towards Epcot and moved the projects plot to facilitate a full new build. It simply never fully caught up to the advanced timeline in California, but it certainly aggressively got close.

lumberguy5

The wall is hiding a section of the distal switchbacks, which can be opened out to the pathway. It's a unique feature in Disneyland's layout I believe.

If I had to guess - I assume they just don't want regular guests easily seeing non-guests in the queue?

Depends because the ground is already drilled/capped for multiple sets of switchbacks for the ropes and poles between there and almost all the way down to the train tracks. They are capable of adding some major line length in the park, rather than run it backstage like MFSR.

SWGalaxysEdge

Just heard rumor rumblings that some Imagineers have started being considered to temporarily xfer to Paris for their RotR build.
Nothing confirmed and strictly supposed to be considered "rumor" but the talking is there. Target opening in 2024/2025 so obviously its just talking now. I guess they are seeing who is willing so they can build up their team.

Surferboy567

Just heard rumor rumblings that some Imagineers have started being considered to temporarily xfer to Paris for their RotR build.
Nothing confirmed and strictly supposed to be considered "rumor" but the talking is there. Target opening in 2024/2025 so obviously its just talking now. I guess they are seeing who is willing so they can build up their team.

So are they building an EXACT copy of Batuu over there? Or smaller scale?

RSoxNo1

Is this the first confirmation of RotR going to Paris. I know the land was announced, but the visuals seemed to indicate only Smugglers Run IIRC.

Edit: OK, so maybe just Rise?

SWGalaxysEdge

Is this the first confirmation of RotR going to Paris. I know the land was announced, but the visuals seemed to indicate only Smugglers Run IIRC.

Edit: OK, so maybe just Rise?

just Rise. I've been tracking the project for a year or so now. This is the first I heard about actually getting staffing planned for it and using US workers. Here's the field it will be built in.

DpZuKoqXUAAAufH.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom